Vodafone ending some Countries currently on free roaming.

Found 4th Apr
Vodafone are shortly changing their tariff meaning some countries eg. Turkey are no longer free to roam and will be £6 per day. Vodafone are offering the right to cancel your contract penalty free or significantly reduce your tariff. My contract has just been reduced from £82 per month to £35.

Hope this helps someone.
Community Updates
21 Comments
You were paying £82 a month???!!!
Yup - IPhone X and a lot of data for work.
would this apply to all contracts with data, I've been unhappy with them since I signed up I just want to get out
What did you say to get the reduction?
i tried this when they changed from payg roaming to the stupid £2 a day and got nowhere
adamspencer956 m ago

i tried this when they changed from payg roaming to the stupid £2 a day …i tried this when they changed from payg roaming to the stupid £2 a day and got nowhere

That’s why I was wondering if there was something specific we needed to mention
What an absolute waste of £82 a month and I’m all for iPhones
I tried this earlier today and they werent having it maybe i just werent persistent enough tbh
Edited by: "adeljay92" 4th Apr
ASongOfFireAndIce4th Apr

As he has now had his tariff reduced to £35, bearing how long the iPhone X has been on sale, I would say that his 2 year deal will end up being pretty good. (7*£82) + (17*£35) = £59.80 p/m average. That's if he's had phone from day 1 release. Any delay would make that cheaper per month.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 4th Apr
ASongOfFireAndIce4th Apr

Not really - everyone’s finances are different. I still have a monthly disposable income of around £1800 and I use 50gb of data a month for work purposes.
OllieSt14 m ago

As he has now has their tariff reduced to £35, bearing how long the iPhone …As he has now has their tariff reduced to £35, bearing how long the iPhone X has been on sale, I would say that his 2 year deal will end up being pretty good. (7*£82) + (17*£35) = £59.80 p/m average. That's if he's had phone from day 1 release. Any delay would make that cheaper per month.

I’ve had the confirmation text through and they’ve done it for £30 a month so even better
iancoleman270413 m ago

I’ve had the confirmation text through and they’ve done it for £30 a month …I’ve had the confirmation text through and they’ve done it for £30 a month so even better

iancoleman270413 m ago

I’ve had the confirmation text through and they’ve done it for £30 a month …I’ve had the confirmation text through and they’ve done it for £30 a month so even better

What did you say? I tried on chat they said no and then I got cut off
parko12147 m ago

What did you say? I tried on chat they said no and then I got cut off

Just said I’d received at text don’t really want to leave what can you do for me.
Did you get a text, I haven’t received anything so don’t know if it will be valid for me
Bit annoyed at this, not received any notice and only renewed my contract couple months ago.
Wife and I got the text today, it's based around your last 12 months usage and as we holiday each year in turkey it makes an impact on us from free to £6 a day. You only get the Text and option to leave if your impacted. I called this afternoon and they scrapped both our 24 month contracts (9 months in) we get to keep the iphone 7 and samsung s8 and we both got another upgrade to 2 new phones and 25% loyalty discounts off the plan, happy days. We had the option to leave, get a simo plan or take a new 24m contract with a phone so if you get the Text call them well worth a 30 minute call.
Ahh I haven’t been to turkey for a number of years so that will be why I don’t have a tex
I tried to cancel my contract yesterday and got told I wasn't eligible. Told them I was going away to Turkey next month, and they said I've just got to pay the £6 a day.
Bazwaa11 h, 40 m ago

I tried to cancel my contract yesterday and got told I wasn't eligible. …I tried to cancel my contract yesterday and got told I wasn't eligible. Told them I was going away to Turkey next month, and they said I've just got to pay the £6 a day.

Maybe speak to a manager - if you can prove you booked before they released the new charges you may have an argument to get your contract cancelled.
iancoleman270410 h, 4 m ago

Maybe speak to a manager - if you can prove you booked before they …Maybe speak to a manager - if you can prove you booked before they released the new charges you may have an argument to get your contract cancelled.

The only people eligible for cancelling are those who took a contract out sometime before December 2017. Contracts taken out from around December have included small print that this change was coming.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants