Vodafone Fibre Broadband any good?

Posted 7th Jan
Coming to the end of my Plusnet contract and wondered if any members here are with Vodafone Fibre and what they think to it?.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Just come off them as it be time to change (cashback deals). If I was not already a member I would have used the quidco £150 cash back on their £23 a month deal I saw the other day which I thought very good value.

In theory had another 9 months to run but they wanted to up the cost beyond the rate allowed which enabled me to grab another cashback deal early (always find it strange they look after new customers more than existing ones). Went with nowtv (sky) for this one (Bt's 24 month seemed a little too long and not the best offer I could find) but would reconsider Vodafone again in future.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 7th Jan
I'm with them and have just re-signed up for another 18 months. They are very good IMHO
StonkwellBogtrotter07/01/2020 20:19

I'm with them and have just re-signed up for another 18 months. They are …I'm with them and have just re-signed up for another 18 months. They are very good IMHO

In exact same situation! Totally agree
Sounds promising, thanks Guys. Will give them a try if plusnet don't match the exact 18 month contract price inch cashback/gift card (don't think they will).
I've been with them over 2 years no problems at all
I’ve been with virgin for quiet a few paying and paying roughly 40£ a month might look into vodafone bb
its the same openreach line so it will be no different
jase.207/01/2020 22:28

its the same openreach line so it will be no different

It is only the same up to the hand-off from Openreach to the ISP, from there on to the internet the ISP can make a very big difference.
I'm on Vodafone, The old router was absolutely dreadful and even worse than Virgins Superhub etc.. so I used to use my own which solved all the problems ( Wifi dropping, slow speeds etc.. disconnections ) hence lots of negative comments etc... However now they've got a new router that is actually ok. The VOX 3.0 it's far more reliable 24/7, Consistent and they don't block torrent or IPTV etc.. either!
They have released a new router for everyone and its good as i get signal outside now.
2 years this month with them and im happy as they give you good discounts such as anytime calls £4 a month but now £5 since i renewed but got a free present google hub max worth alot so that pays it off
I get same speeds I did with BT no issues so far have had to replace the router with my own as theres is terrible the WiFi kept dropping.
They have a new router now though so may find that to be better.
The internet is good, their customer service is lacking...

In the 18 months I've been with them I've raised 2 complaints just to get issues sorted:
1) They messed up my 'go live', normal customer services kept giving me false promises that they couldn't keep
2) Speeds at 1 Mbps during peak times despite being on Superfast 2 with guaranteed 50+ Mbps. Normal customer services were fobbing me off with 'fixes' that didn't help, Complaints team found they're oversubscribed at my cabinet, don't have an ETA for a fix so have said I can leave my contract penalty free

Just makes me wonder if other providers that use Openreach will have the same issue...
Tjl69413/01/2020 10:26

The internet is good, their customer service is lacking...In the 18 months …The internet is good, their customer service is lacking...In the 18 months I've been with them I've raised 2 complaints just to get issues sorted:1) They messed up my 'go live', normal customer services kept giving me false promises that they couldn't keep2) Speeds at 1 Mbps during peak times despite being on Superfast 2 with guaranteed 50+ Mbps. Normal customer services were fobbing me off with 'fixes' that didn't help, Complaints team found they're oversubscribed at my cabinet, don't have an ETA for a fix so have said I can leave my contract penalty freeJust makes me wonder if other providers that use Openreach will have the same issue...

i had the same issue as number 2

they try and fob you off with 'it'll be sorted soon' once you're out of the 30 day cooling off then that's it for 18 months
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions