Groups

Vodafone Fibre Home Broadband Review

Has anyone tried the Vodafone Home broadband packages, I saw them advertised on TV last night and they have abolished their line rental. So their fibre & phone package is now cheaper than we are paying for standard broadband and phone with plusnet. Our plusnet speeds and connection has been hit and miss for a while, so unsure we want to get into a contract with their fibre package. So thought would shop around, and wondered if anyone had tried vodafone and could say if its any good for them??

Thanx
    H x

14 Comments

I am with Vodafone, my line speed has dropped to below 30mbs and the billing system is chaotic, they just seem to guess what the bill should be and debit that

Original Poster

dwain

I am with Vodafone, my line speed has dropped to below 30mbs and the … I am with Vodafone, my line speed has dropped to below 30mbs and the billing system is chaotic, they just seem to guess what the bill should be and debit that

the package I can get is £28 highest fibre (unlimited 76) and standard phone, don't really use our landline a great deal, so am hoping that the bill vast majority of months will just be the £28

ours at the mo on standard broadband is 16mbps ish. So am hoping any fibre is going to be better (how the hell did we manage on dial up!)

I signed up yesterday. Will see how it goes. Meant to go love 3rd of October.

They havent abolished the line rental charges, they just roll it up into one price as they will still get wholesale charges the same as every other service provider does for lines if they havent got their own network

BT is £33 for line + unlimited fibre but it gets £125 of mastercard vouchers and quite a bit of quidco usually which im sure works out better than Voda as just one example of whats out there
    Edited by: "jase.2" 16th Sep 2016

Original Poster

jase.2

They havent abolished the line rental charges, they just roll it up into … They havent abolished the line rental charges, they just roll it up into one price as they will still get wholesale charges the same as every other service provider does for lines if they havent got their own network BT is £33 for line + unlimited fibre but it gets £125 of mastercard vouchers and quite a bit of quidco usually which im sure works out better than Voda as just one example of whats out there

yeah I know its all rolled into one, I am not that naive, but still given that its cheaper than we are already paying for faster broadband

Mine started at over 50Mbs and dropped from there to below 30.

I'm with Vodafone and surprisingly happy. I live in a good area for fibre apparently because I get "80mb" estimated speeds, in reality my connection is generally 71mb which is obviously quite good. For some reason the Vodafone router I have never seems to get over 65mb though even when connected to a 5GHz AC device.

It's worked perfectly since I have got it and one good point is the broadband customer service team are all based in the U.K. and are much more helpful than the normal support.

Original Poster

Thanx for all your replies, not 100% decided on Vodafone so will look around, but def think gunna change from plusnet.

Helen x

I was with vodafone home broadband a few years ago until they suddenly stopped their service and transferred us to plusnet!!

Currently with BT normal broadband so might give them another go.

Banned

ive been with bt then plusnet (aware they are bt) and now vodafone and its the best its ever been. maybe because they havr small customer base but as it stands id never move.

hellyl

yeah I know its all rolled into one, I am not that naive, but still given … yeah I know its all rolled into one, I am not that naive, but still given that its cheaper than we are already paying for faster broadband

So why write 'they have abolished their line rental'? oO

Original Poster

chocci

So why write 'they have abolished their line rental'? oO

Because that's what the TV advert states

Everyone still happy with Vodafone fibre?

What's there throttling like with P2P etc?

googleboogle

I signed up yesterday. Will see how it goes. Meant to go love 3rd of … I signed up yesterday. Will see how it goes. Meant to go love 3rd of October.

Which option of Vodafone did you choose ? Fibre or ADSL ? are you enjoy ? I am thinking about sign 38 Mbps Fibre from them. Can you tell mi are you getting new IP number always after reconnect your router?

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT sport on sky boxes48
      2. Samsung Galaxy S633
      3. Amazon spend £20 and get £5 extra44
      4. Xiaomi phones45

See more discussions