Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Vodafone Fraud 2020

Posted 5th Jul
Hi All

Everyone who are using vodafone be careful with them . I have contract with them unlimted max with entertainment and now agreement is soon to be ended . Thought to contact them for upgrade . When i spoke to them one of the customer relation officer told me that your plan is unlimted with entertainment not max . While i am paying higher amount and getting lower services with 10mbpa capped data.

I spoke agin to tech and manager but they denied . So please dont go to vodafone and check properly that what you are paying for - vidafone is delivering to you as well.
Vodafone is fraud and cheating with customers .
Beaware dont go to vodafone .
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
The data speed is capped not the amount. You need to read what you are signing up for. It is even in bold and underlined, not fraud.

41303816-znyPN.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 5th Jul
19 Comments
Why not run a speed test when using mobile data to check? It may be the customer service person was wrong.
The data speed is capped not the amount. You need to read what you are signing up for. It is even in bold and underlined, not fraud.

41303816-znyPN.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 5th Jul
Its not about speed test . I complained many times regarding the speed to vodafone they just tyrnup with like do thi setting bla bla- today he told me over the phone that you cant receive high speed as you are capped for 10mbps - i told him why when i was paying for fastest speed which he told me you should get 70-80mbps . They are willing to change the speed with extra cost . This is cheating fraud - they are taking higher money from us and providing caps on backend to save the costs and making profit . Be aware - as soon as i will get out of this contract i will look into other operator
41303864-rwDLY.jpg
I have this plan cecil - they are taking money from my bank account against this contract and providing the one with 10mbps capped . I hope it helps
And what speed do you get if you run a speed test?
Your bill and the contract which you got from Vodafone will identify exactly what plan you are on and the features of that plan. If they are not providing you with the same then you have every right to raise a complaint to their adjudicator, which is not the Ombudsman.
Uridium05/07/2020 18:57

And what speed do you get if you run a speed test?

From 2mbps to 9
uk3g05/07/2020 19:09

Your bill and the contract which you got from Vodafone will identify …Your bill and the contract which you got from Vodafone will identify exactly what plan you are on and the features of that plan. If they are not providing you with the same then you have every right to raise a complaint to their adjudicator, which is not the Ombudsman.

Thats what i checked with phone bill - it doesnot stated unlimited max - it only stated unlimted - thats it .... thats why the customer representative said to me that you are not on max you are capped to 10mbps
Do you mean your bills used to say Unlimited Max, but it's recently changed to Unlimited? This is something you could show them and I'm sure they would sort it out.

Or, do you mean you signed up to the wrong plan in the beginning and never noticed...?
For a start, regardless of whether you have Unlimited or the Max one for top speeds, if your area does not have the capability to deliver even 10mbps, then you aren't being capped, the network just isn't capable of it.

For a second, if you are actually paying £40 a month for that, you are getting royally ripped off, unless Vodafone is absolutely the only operator that has data in your area or where you go frequently as that is double the price Three charge for unlimited, and they don't have any speed caps on that package
Is this O2, EE, etc trying to drum up business? New member today, slating a business and making no sense...spam.
Cheeta_UK05/07/2020 19:22

Thats what i checked with phone bill - it doesnot stated unlimited max - …Thats what i checked with phone bill - it doesnot stated unlimited max - it only stated unlimted - thats it .... thats why the customer representative said to me that you are not on max you are capped to 10mbps

So you do not have Max. Check your old bills >6mo. Do they say max or anything else? Have you had speeds over 10 mbps before?

Why the multiple threads? hotukdeals.com/dis…802
Joined today to start a thread complaining, if all your bills say unlimited and not max you are paying for what you signed up for....

10mb is more than enough for phone unless you’re tethering lots of devices to it, then I get you may need more speed..
I checked my bills that only states unlimted not max mentiones in it . ---- the point of this thread here is for the customers who are using vodafone contract that they can have a check with the bill and the money they are paying for - must match . In order to avoid the mischeivious actions of vodafone policy . For me they are charging the customers according to their web site plans but actually providing one stage lower service in order to cover their expenses. But if someone is happy to pay extra and get robbed by this company or if other operators are also doing then upto them .
Nothing to do with me as i am going to leave this in next month when my contract ends .
Signed in to this platform
Is just for the goodwill of the users of this family . Everyone have the right to make negative thoughts but i will say to them that please dont judge the intentions of anyone. Even its a new user or old one . Stay blessed and stay safe .be aware .
If you are paying £40 a month for unlimited data, your main priority should be finding a new contract ASAP as that is ridiculously expensive.
Edited by: "RamsMax" 5th Jul
Cheeta_UK05/07/2020 19:21

From 2mbps to 9

If you were genuinely capped at 10Mbps and could get 70-80Mbps you expect 10Mbps pretty much all the time.

2-9Mbps suggests that's the maximum speed you can get - your nearest tower is far away, only has 3G hardware or is very busy. Have you run speed tests in different locations?

Cheeta_UK05/07/2020 21:12

Signed in to this platformIs just for the goodwill of the users of this …Signed in to this platformIs just for the goodwill of the users of this family . Everyone have the right to make negative thoughts but i will say to them that please dont judge the intentions of anyone.

But that goes for you too. You're claiming vodafone has some organised conspiricy to defraud people, rather than just a customer service representative who looked at the wrong data or a mix-up with your plan.

The latter events happen much more often than the former. If you want to prove it's fraud - deliberate deception - you need evidence of intention.
Trying to read this nonsense almost gave me a brain aneurism 🤪
So it took you 11 months to figure out you were getting 2-9mbps ? You sound hard work, I'd bet everything i have, your the one getting it wrong not them, its probably not even a sim only like your stating if its £40 per month.
Its hard enough getting sense out of the customer service abroad, so add to that your terrible language/explaining barrier and you've got a disaster, its just been mixed up by you or them or both.
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 5th Jul
Cheeta_UK05/07/2020 21:10

For me they are charging the customers according to their web site plans …For me they are charging the customers according to their web site plans but actually providing one stage lower service in order to cover their expenses.

The prices on their site are the prices you'll pay if you sign up today. It doesn't mean all customers are paying what it says for that plan. For example, maybe when you signed up for Unlimited it was £40 per month, but £20 per month for the first 6 months. That means after 6 months you would be paying £40 for Unlimited and this doesn't give you the right to say "I'm paying £40 per month now so should have Unlimited Max because it says on the website that Unlimited Max is £40".

The prices are agreed when you sign the contract and usually only change by a percentage each year due to RPI. In practice there's loads of customers who signed up at different times and paying different amounts for the same plans. I do recommend, as others have suggested, contacting Vodafone and explaining you're paying more than the current cost for Unlimited Max and asking if you can move to that plan. Good luck, hope you get it sorted.
Edited by: "lyesbkz" 11th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text