Vodafone Free Unlocking - N95 8gb

6 replies
Found 10th Jan 2009
Hi
I always read on here that you can get phones unlocked for free from vodafone. I am getting a N95 8GB from vodafone from CEX and was wondering whether I can get it unlocked ringing from my payg sim? Or do I need someone with a contract to do it?

6 Comments

On payg there's a change.
Even on contract it has to be the phone you're registered with. You have to supply the imei to get the code, so even if you know someone on Voda with an N95 the imei on their acc and the imei on your phone will be different. They'll only unlock for free the handset they supplied you with, not any handset. . .

Original Poster

steve1221;4017611

On payg there's a change. Even on contract it has to be the phone you're … On payg there's a change. Even on contract it has to be the phone you're registered with. You have to supply the imei to get the code, so even if you know someone on Voda with an N95 the imei on their acc and the imei on your phone will be different. They'll only unlhttp://hotukdeals.com/item/315124/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4017611ock for free the handset they supplied you with, not any handset. . .

But I have read many people somehow unlocking phones they got off ebay directly from voda?

Thanks alot for the reply

That's what they told me when I called them last, things may have changed ? If I'm wrong, I apologies...

I have unlocked a PAYG vodafone in the past month for free. Just called their customer services.

There is only a charge if they haven;t got it on the account, and they have to 'order' it in

Thats what I was told, anyway!

Original Poster

bassman_uk;4019069

I have unlocked a PAYG vodafone in the past month for free. Just called … I have unlocked a PAYG vodafone in the past month for free. Just called their customer services.There is only a charge if they haven;t got it on the account, and they have to 'order' it inThats what I was told, anyway!

I am going to try that tomorrow, their CS is closed atm.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Original Poster

I phoned up and they quoted me £19.99!! I got it done off my mate for a fiver via vodafone codes.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247653
    2. Add one, leave one game54415457
    3. Sainsbury's 25% off 6 bottles of Wine & TU 25% off clothing offer said to b…11
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769539

See more discussions