Vodafone gigafast [CityFibre]

Posted 26th Jun
CityFibre are in my city and at the end of my street so hopefully i'll be able to sign up soon

Does anyone have Vodfone gigafast[only ISP currently] if so do you get speeds of 900/900+ want to make sure its worth it.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I’m thinking of this too if VM don’t offer a retentions deal. £75 amazon voucher available too
Good luck getting it. Community Fibre got the other side of my street wired over a year ago. We are still waiting.
pffft had enough of VM, been a customer for 11yrs - always had the best BB package but the upload speed is shocking and i am in an over subscribed area which has been made even worse since lockdown. Pay for 350/30 i am lucky to get 200Mbps off peak and <100Mbps in peak times.
Yes, I signed up to the 500MB with City Fibre, excellent so far, get speeds over 550MB sometimes.

I left Virgin Media as the price kept on increasing every other month.

41214740-dkrZf.jpg

I just did a speed test on WiFi on my mobile, router is downstairs and I am upstairs.

Hope this helps.
Edited by: "s4lah" 26th Jun
Currently at odds with CityFibre. Last year they did my street all the way up but stopped one property before my block of flats. They’ve decided to route our block from other side of the street which has private lock block. So there’s a bit of issue getting wayleave and installation on the street done.

They’ve pre-wired my building though. 😫

We’re so far from the cabinet that we’re lucky if we get double digit download speed with regular fibre broadband. The FTTP would be a god send haha.
Edited by: "Patty37" 26th Jun
s4lah26/06/2020 14:20

Yes, I signed up to the 500MB with City Fibre, excellent so far, get …Yes, I signed up to the 500MB with City Fibre, excellent so far, get speeds over 550MB sometimes. I left Virgin Media as the price kept on increasing every other month.[Image] I just did a speed test on WiFi on my mobile, router is downstairs and I am upstairs.Hope this helps.

Nice!
Used to install for them. If it’s in your area 100% I would get it. Cannot be beaten
Prices have gone up in my area - 200mb was £28 now £32
I know someone who has it and he gets the advertised speed. Not a surprise as congestion problems are histroy in a 100% optical fibre network.
Post a comment
@
    Text