Groups
    EXPIRED

Vodafone Mobile Broadband Router for ipod Touch - ?

Can anyone tell me if they have done this before.

I have a work blackberry which is an OK business phone. Would love an iPhone but I am too cheap to buy one when the firm gives me a blackberry for free !

I have one of the vodafone USB dongles on the £15-1GB-never-expires tarrif.

I would really like to be able to access my hotmail and IM accounts when out an about which I cannot do on work laprop or blackberry as these are locked down.

Has anyone used an ipod touch with a mobile broadband router (allwoing the itouch Wifi Access through the USB broadband dongle) ?

Did it work ?
    What router did you use ?

Any advice greatfully recieved.

5 Comments

Dongles are modems arent they rather than routers? So you cant connect your ipod to it as they only connect to routers with wifi capability. I think thats the case anyway. The MIFI from 3 looks good, not sure about there deal to buy a £50 unit and 3Gb of usage (normally £15) for £70 though??

phanco, have you tried setting up your personal email accounts on the Blackberry Internet Service website?

I have a work Blackberry which I use to access my personal emails by setting up the mobile details on the BIS (T-Mobile equivilent [url]www.instantemail.t-mobile.co.uk[/url])

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8048224

http://threestore.three.co.uk/broadband/?id=1397 mifi from 3

davidn84;8048314

Dongles are modems arent they rather than routers? So you cant connect … Dongles are modems arent they rather than routers? So you cant connect your ipod to it as they only connect to routers with wifi capability. I think thats the case anyway. The MIFI from 3 looks good, not sure about there deal to buy a £50 unit and 3Gb of usage (normally £15) for £70 though??

I know of these - but you also get devices that take the USB wifi stick (meaning that I can keep the sim in the usb stick and transfer it to netbook as and when required). I also have the Voda dongle+SIM so would hope not to buy another.

Somebody;8048389

phanco, have you tried setting up your personal email accounts on the … phanco, have you tried setting up your personal email accounts on the Blackberry Internet Service website?I have a work Blackberry which I use to access my personal emails by setting up the mobile details on the BIS (T-Mobile equivilent [url]www.instantemail.t-mobile.co.uk[/url])

I thought of this but AFAIK the handset is setup to only access the corporate BES server.

Original Poster

bump number one - anyone tried this ?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522114
    2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
    3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
    4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions