Vodafone mobile sim in mifi router

Posted 11th Oct
Hi, is anyone currently using a normal Vodafone sim in a mifi / 4G router unit such as the Vodafone gigacube? You can get a normal unlimited data sim for about £30 a month whereas their data only sims cost that for about 50GB.

I can't see anything that would stop it working but I spoke to live chat and they say they don't recommend it. My guess this is just to make more £££.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
No specific experience of Voda Sims but from 2018 OFCOM decreed all UK mobile network customers could use data in any device the customer wished without restriction.
Maybe Voxi would be cheaper using Voda network (recent HUKD thread suggested Voxi currently does not quantify data limit), or non-Voda Three unlimited data is achievable at £10/m on 12m SIMO
Thanks AndyRoyd that's what I thought. I looked at Three but don't get good enough signal. Vodafone was the fastest. Do you have a link to the Voxi thread?
JasonSmith198911/10/2019 10:37

Thanks AndyRoyd that's what I thought. I looked at Three but don't get …Thanks AndyRoyd that's what I thought. I looked at Three but don't get good enough signal. Vodafone was the fastest. Do you have a link to the Voxi thread?

Unlim Voxi data @ £8/m concluded from this thread: hotukdeals.com/com…843
Hi @JasonSmith1989 I can't say for certain but seem to remember reading somewhere that you don't get a public IP address with the mobile SIM bit you do with their data! Something to do with the APN settings being different.

I have tried a PAYG SIM in a router with no issues, it did take a few hours for 4G to be accessable, reverted to 3G only. Same with each new network SIM I tried though!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants