Vodafone Mobiles.co.uk

Found 27th Apr
Hello,

My Mrs is due a phone upgrade and Vodafone can’t seem to match anything close to what mobiles.co.uk offer, the woman on the phone said not to use mobiles.co.uk as in the small print it says the phone is on loan and when your contract is over you have to give it back, I told my Mrs there chatting patties, am I right? You keep the phone,
mobiles.co.uk don’t take it back.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
She's lying.
12 Comments
She's lying.
as above - total BS
Just switch networks to be sure you’d get better deals that way too!
Often such disparaging sales speak about a competitor is suggestive alarmist. The actual phrase used may have been "you may need to check the mobiles.co.uk small print as you may be obliged to hand back the phone at the end of the contract". The phone jockey may equally have also said "you may need to check the mobiles.co.uk small print as you may be obliged to (insert ridiculous term) at the end of the contract". The phrase is obviously utter trousers, but the alarmist seed has been planted.
Voda have recently come bottom in the satisfied customer poll. .
I’ve always found mobile.co.uk cheaper for upgrades than o2 additionally you can normally get a small amount of tcb or quidco on mobiles.co.uk

If you buy an upgrade it’s essentially the same as buying direct from the network except if something goes wrong with the handset which you can claim under warranty you may need to deal with mobiles.co.uk rather than the network.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 28th Apr
Thanks everyone for your comments, I haven’t used mobiles.co.uk before, they seem hell of a lot cheaper then any where else though, most of the negative reviews are based on tcb which doesn’t bother me,
Would any of you recommend using mobiles.co.uk?
The Mrs is after an S9 but Vodafone themself will not budge below £47 pm and that’s with 4gb.
nicktwin00211 h, 56 m ago

Thanks everyone for your comments, I haven’t used mobiles.co.uk before, t …Thanks everyone for your comments, I haven’t used mobiles.co.uk before, they seem hell of a lot cheaper then any where else though, most of the negative reviews are based on tcb which doesn’t bother me,Would any of you recommend using mobiles.co.uk?The Mrs is after an S9 but Vodafone themself will not budge below £47 pm and that’s with 4gb.

Used them 3 times now. Hassle free and great service. You have nothing to worry about
Vodafone are full of **** they use any sort of scare mongering tactics.

I've been with them for 7+ years and wanted to get a cheap s7. I spoke to someone at Vodafone via the phone and was told every lie under the sun with mobiles.co.uk and other on line mobile sites.

They want your services so their going to lie through thwir teeth.

First I got told these online sites use a sub party of Vodafone so your signal strengths are weaker...

Then was told if anything is wrong with the phone you have a nightmare getting any sort of help....

Then was told these companies cut your services off randomly..

I stuck with Vodafone because I spoke to another agent and told him the BS I was told by the previous agent and he gave me a deal on the newly released S8, which he messed up by the way!

But that ended up getting more of a deal instead due to his mistake. ;D
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 29th Apr
@OP

You do know Vodafone can give VIP discounts of up to 30% on a handset and 35% on a SIM only deal right?

Depending on stock and demand they can discount any phone (usually not the latest iPhones for around 8months though).

I got a Samsung S8 standard size, 4gb, unlimited mins and data, £30 upfront cost and a free accessory pack (wireless charger, case and screen protector, official Samsung) for £35/M.

Due to an issue on the original order, the agent didn't actually place the order and I complained as I took a day off work for the phone to arrive (I didn't but that's what I told them).
They apologises ordered it the following day and gave me

No up front cost
First month free
8gb of data (4gb contract with bonus monthly data)
Unlimited mins and text
For £35/M now £36.25 due to inflation.

You can only get a discount on a handset that isn't currently in a sale or deal on their site.

My phone above was roughly £45-50M. I picked that up Aug last year so the S8 would've been a few months old.

When speaking to Vodafone don't let them push you about. Mention you heard that there is a discount rate up to 30% and see what they can do. Some people can only push 20% while the retention team can get up to 30%.

Also Vodafone are usually a push over company. I've had hundreds taken of my bill in the past.

One phone call I made a complaint and managed to get £50 off my bill and I was passed on to another agent who I spoke my frustration and managed to get £80 off him. £130 off my bill in one sitting was shocking (but I was truly F'd off with them at that time).

Last month I had £28 taken off it and next month's bill their paying for it.

Vodafone did work in the area 6 weeks ago since then my signal is patchy, it works but every so often can't make a call or texts fail. They've been out and tried repairing the fault many times. I complain once or twice a week in hope to get some sort of compensation, so far that's £64 for 10 mins of my time every few days (I work from home on the pc, so just open another tab).
Edited by: "kos1c" 29th Apr
kos1c4 h, 42 m ago

@OPYou do know Vodafone can give VIP discounts of up to 30% on a handset …@OPYou do know Vodafone can give VIP discounts of up to 30% on a handset and 35% on a SIM only deal right? Depending on stock and demand they can discount any phone (usually not the latest iPhones for around 8months though). I got a Samsung S8 standard size, 4gb, unlimited mins and data, £30 upfront cost and a free accessory pack (wireless charger, case and screen protector, official Samsung) for £35/M. Due to an issue on the original order, the agent didn't actually place the order and I complained as I took a day off work for the phone to arrive (I didn't but that's what I told them). They apologises ordered it the following day and gave meNo up front cost First month free8gb of data (4gb contract with bonus monthly data)Unlimited mins and text For £35/M now £36.25 due to inflation. You can only get a discount on a handset that isn't currently in a sale or deal on their site. My phone above was roughly £45-50M. I picked that up Aug last year so the S8 would've been a few months old. When speaking to Vodafone don't let them push you about. Mention you heard that there is a discount rate up to 30% and see what they can do. Some people can only push 20% while the retention team can get up to 30%. Also Vodafone are usually a push over company. I've had hundreds taken of my bill in the past. One phone call I made a complaint and managed to get £50 off my bill and I was passed on to another agent who I spoke my frustration and managed to get £80 off him. £130 off my bill in one sitting was shocking (but I was truly F'd off with them at that time). Last month I had £28 taken off it and next month's bill their paying for it. Vodafone did work in the area 6 weeks ago since then my signal is patchy, it works but every so often can't make a call or texts fail. They've been out and tried repairing the fault many times. I complain once or twice a week in hope to get some sort of compensation, so far that's £64 for 10 mins of my time every few days (I work from home on the pc, so just open another tab).

Vodafone really are probably the worst network ever we use them at work and the amount of f***ups they make is unbelievable. Wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.
cmdr_elito11 m ago

Vodafone really are probably the worst network ever we use them at work …Vodafone really are probably the worst network ever we use them at work and the amount of f***ups they make is unbelievable. Wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

I agree. I wouldn't stick with them if they didn't offer a deal.
But as phones aren't improving much in recent years. I'll just go SIM only with a better coverage network.

Heard BT are in #1 slot for worst company and Vodafone are second. :0
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants