Vodafone offers thousands early contract exit! Leave penalty free! Many deals available! Cheapest available is £3.99 a month

LocalFound 16th Dec 2017
Many sims available
The changes mean customers will be charged the flat £6 fee even if they only send one text message.

Previously customers were charged for their usage and fees varied between countries.

'Bill shock'Ofcom considered that light users would be more affected by the changes because "they could no longer send texts, make calls or use data on a 'pay-per-use' basis'".

Mobile phone networks must give customers 30 days' notice of any contract changes likely to be of "material detriment", and must let customers end their contracts without penalty if they do not agree to the changes.

Some customers had complained and Ofcom said it was concerned that Vodafone's communication had not been clear.

It said right to exit information should be provided "in the main body of the text or email" rather than linking to a separate webpage as Vodafone had done.

In response to Ofcom's concerns, Vodafone sent another message to affected customers and gave them a further 30 days to leave their contract.

It said it had identified 55,000 customers who were likely to face "material detriment" following the introduction of the new charges.

In a statement, Vodafone said Roam Further "removes the fear of bill shock".

"We took on board Ofcom's views about notifications and will be sure to follow them," it said.

Vodafone customers can leave penalty free due to new roaming charges bbc.co.uk/new…751
Some offers available! Leave Vodafone penalty free.
2856837.jpg
2856837.jpg
2856837.jpg

Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
Will Vodafone offer better deals to stay for those in contract that can now leave?
foodtogoweston56 s ago

Will Vodafone offer better deals to stay for those in contract that can …Will Vodafone offer better deals to stay for those in contract that can now leave?

No idea! Best to phone and ask. But i know a lot of people don't seem to like voda
Is this for contract customers or pay as you go ?
Edited by: "anfieldlee1982" 16th Dec 2017
How do you know if you can leave early
anfieldlee19825 m ago

Is this for contract customers or pay as you go ?

contract obviously as a pay and go customer could walk at any point
jase.23 m ago

contract obviously as a pay and go customer could walk at any point

I'm meant SIM only
The BBC link says the terms were changed in April and you'd have 30 plus an extra 30 days to exit.

Am I reading wrong?
having 'discussed' this with Vodafone they are quoting only customers who had a text about this are able to apply to leave with no penalty - is that right?
They also said that it was only valid until 30th November 2017 and all customers were contacted in October but I thought the Ofcom ruling was after this date?
Vortal10 m ago

having 'discussed' this with Vodafone they are quoting only customers who …having 'discussed' this with Vodafone they are quoting only customers who had a text about this are able to apply to leave with no penalty - is that right?They also said that it was only valid until 30th November 2017 and all customers were contacted in October but I thought the Ofcom ruling was after this date?

Yes i think its much wider now! Vodafone have to send the message out again and to more customers I think
Anon324 m ago

Yes i think its much wider now! Vodafone have to send the message out …Yes i think its much wider now! Vodafone have to send the message out again and to more customers I think

maybe but Vodafone refusing to entertain any conversation on this if you have not had a text message
anyone else had any joy with them and if so what was the approach?
I tried yesterday on the chat and had the 30th November line, when I asked if it affected me the would only say I would receive a message if it did, didn't really get anywhere with it
I didn't receive a text but have just been chatting to them online. They have confirmed that I can cancel my contract.
MrSpooniverse14 m ago

I didn't receive a text but have just been chatting to them online. They …I didn't receive a text but have just been chatting to them online. They have confirmed that I can cancel my contract.

Can I ask your approach - that has been a flat refusal in my conversations online with them?
Vortal1 h, 3 m ago

Can I ask your approach - that has been a flat refusal in my conversations …Can I ask your approach - that has been a flat refusal in my conversations online with them?

I said that I'd heard that this change had been added to my account without my knowledge or consent and would like it removed. They advised that it couldn't be removed and so would be allowed to cancel.
i was told you can opt out of the roam further 🤔

after nearly an hour, i got nowhere. they tried to say all customers received a text between 16th October and 1st November and the deadline for termination was 30th November

i didnt receive a text and they didnt believe me - said i would have to go into store for them to pull up history
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 17th Dec 2017
Vortal16th Dec

having 'discussed' this with Vodafone they are quoting only customers who …having 'discussed' this with Vodafone they are quoting only customers who had a text about this are able to apply to leave with no penalty - is that right?They also said that it was only valid until 30th November 2017 and all customers were contacted in October but I thought the Ofcom ruling was after this date?

They are saying to me that as the 30th November has passed it is too late to exit without paying. I mentioned Ofcom extending this by 30 days, but they have said this is not official.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants