Vodafone Retention

Found 31st Jan
My Vodafone 25gb Entertainment sim contract is coming to an shortly and having a look on their website I note they no longer offer it. My question is, has anyone else been able to renew the same deal and if not, what retention deal did Vodafone offer you?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Normally you can get a max of 30% off a phone contract and I believe it's 35% (maybe higher) off a sim only.

So find a deal and deduct those percentages and that's what you should expect.

Do note, if a deal is currently on offer at a discounted rate. It can not be used as a retention. It has to be the original non sale price before the discount is applied.
Edited by: "kos1c" 31st Jan
I had something similar. I was paying £19/month, sim only, unlimited calls/txt, 12gb (I think) of data & entertainment package. I went to upgrade on website and it listed all the tariffs and mine was right at the bottom, £17.12 or some odd amount, it had an extra discount. I clicked it to agree to another 12 month contract and kept getting a error. I rang them up and the bloke on the phone (nice bloke, helpful and based in UK) said its probably because that tariff doesn't exist any more and my contract wasn't due to run out until midnight, about 4 hours later so I can call back the next day and he may be able to offer it but couldn't be sure. He offered me similar deal but 16gb data for £19.30ish a month. I was happy enough with the extra 30p for 4gb extra, it's certainly worth it with Spotify included and I didn't need to call back the next day.. . So I'd say scroll right to the bottom to see if your superseded tariff still shows, if not give them a call as they may be able to offer it anyway.
dirty_stan15 h, 40 m ago

I had something similar. I was paying £19/month, sim only, unlimited …I had something similar. I was paying £19/month, sim only, unlimited calls/txt, 12gb (I think) of data & entertainment package. I went to upgrade on website and it listed all the tariffs and mine was right at the bottom, £17.12 or some odd amount, it had an extra discount. I clicked it to agree to another 12 month contract and kept getting a error. I rang them up and the bloke on the phone (nice bloke, helpful and based in UK) said its probably because that tariff doesn't exist any more and my contract wasn't due to run out until midnight, about 4 hours later so I can call back the next day and he may be able to offer it but couldn't be sure. He offered me similar deal but 16gb data for £19.30ish a month. I was happy enough with the extra 30p for 4gb extra, it's certainly worth it with Spotify included and I didn't need to call back the next day.. . So I'd say scroll right to the bottom to see if your superseded tariff still shows, if not give them a call as they may be able to offer it anyway.

Always better to call or live chat.

I got last august.
Samsung s8 64gb upfront £30 (believed removed)
4gb data, unlimited mins and text
£35/M

This was normally a £50-52/M contract.

They made an error and didn't actually order my phone and wasted my time. So I complained and got the following

8gb data, unlimited mins and text
Free S8 accessory kit (fast charge, case and screen protector worth £45) free.
Upfront fees of £30 removed
First monthly bill off my contract

All for £35/M.

Can't get that sort of deal without speaking to a person and hoping they make a mistake.

And 2 years before they let me upgrade 23 days early without any fees. Just gotta find the right agent.
Edited by: "kos1c" 1st Feb
kos1c36 m ago

Always better to call or live chat. I got last august. Samsung s8 64gb …Always better to call or live chat. I got last august. Samsung s8 64gb upfront £30 (believed removed)4gb data, unlimited mins and text £35/M This was normally a £50-52/M contract. They made an error and didn't actually order my phone and wasted my time. So I complained and got the following8gb data, unlimited mins and text Free S8 accessory kit (fast charge, case and screen protector worth £45) free. Upfront fees of £30 removed First monthly bill off my contract All for £35/M. Can't get that sort of deal without speaking to a person and hoping they make a mistake. And 2 years before they let me upgrade 23 days early without any fees. Just gotta find the right agent.

And don't just settle for the first thing they offer you if that offer is no good. It might take a while, but they will eventually come round if what you are after is within reason. Took me over an hour on chat on my last upgrade before I was transferred to somebody in the UK and offered the deal I currently have - similar to @kos1c , but taken out a year earlier and the Galaxy S7 edge.
RossD896 h, 4 m ago

And don't just settle for the first thing they offer you if that offer is …And don't just settle for the first thing they offer you if that offer is no good. It might take a while, but they will eventually come round if what you are after is within reason. Took me over an hour on chat on my last upgrade before I was transferred to somebody in the UK and offered the deal I currently have - similar to @kos1c , but taken out a year earlier and the Galaxy S7 edge.

Exactly, play hardball.

Remember they want your money and they can budge quite a lot on the offers they give. And don't worry about walking away and trying again another day quoting your original offer and see where it leads.
Thank you all guys, really helpful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants