Posted 20th Jul 2020
Anyone had any decent offers from the Vodafone retentions team in the last few weeks/months?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    On March I upgraded to an iPhone XR with 20gb data and unlimited calls and texts for £32 a month. It was cheaper than my old plan so I took it. I usually stay 2-3 phones behind the latest models as I am not massively worried about having the latest tech. So long as it can do the day to day bits I’m happy.
  2. Avatar
    The last couple of times I've renewed I don't seem to get deals like I used to, could once get a great contract at £15/month or so. I'm sim only, my recent contract was £26/month for unlimited calls/texts (like everyone gets), 100gb 5g & Spotify. 24 month contract too :/ the only sort of deal is it was supposed to be 40gb but they had an offer on the 100gb plan to make it the same price. And I can get 15% NHS discount although I missed the 28 day deadline for that :/
    Q: if you get the "20% off" retention deal, can you apply for the 15% NHS discount on top?
  3. Avatar
    Author
    fearghalg20/07/2020 21:20

On March I upgraded to an iPhone XR with 20gb data and unlimited calls and …On March I upgraded to an iPhone XR with 20gb data and unlimited calls and texts for £32 a month. It was cheaper than my old plan so I took it. I usually stay 2-3 phones behind the latest models as I am not massively worried about having the latest tech. So long as it can do the day to day bits I’m happy.

Seems a good deal to me. Was this 24 month contract? What memory was the iPhone? I too don’t care about latest models. If I get offered this I’d take it.
  4. Avatar
    Amg00720/07/2020 21:55

Seems a good deal to me. Was this 24 month contract? What memory was the …Seems a good deal to me. Was this 24 month contract? What memory was the iPhone? I too don’t care about latest models. If I get offered this I’d take it.

It’s a 64gb on 24 month. You can upgrade after a year with Vodafone. I’m happy enough with it. Cheaper than my iPhone. 7 deal. I couldn’t get a better deal at the time. My mrs grabbed the same deal too.
  5. Avatar
    No. Found them pretty poor this time round and ended up switching to payg. The retentions team admitted that they can't touch the resellers at the minute.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    Update for anyone interested.

Offered me red sim only plan 40GB Data, unlimited mins&texts (18month) £14p/m

IPhone XR unlimited everything £48p/m no upfront cost (24month)

I ended up taking the sim deal.
  7. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    Same as a few above, nothing particularly amazing. Seems to generally be limited to 20% off the plan as priced on the website, which isn't particularly amazing compared to what can be had from 3rd party resellers.
  8. Avatar
    My sim only deal is expiring this month....has anyone had any good sim only deals recently from retentions?
  9. Avatar
    Perhaps look into upgrading via mobiles.co.uk if they have any better offers than what is available from Vodafone retentions: mobiles.co.uk/vod…des
Discussions
Top Merchants