Found 21st Dec 2009
Need some advice please.

My nan has been with Vodafone for 5 years on same plan

£29.79 Line rental
£8.51 Data bundle (really small allowance)

+ VAT

700 mins
250 Texts

Not really the best plan.

What should i be aiming for from retentions? Any good phones you recommend.

1. Misc
  2. Vodafone
14 Comments

iphoooooooooooooooone

Banned

does your nan use any of that!

Original Poster

Babbabooey;7292671

iphoooooooooooooooone

I know read that this morning

dimebars;7292680

does your nan use any of that!

Nope she doesnt use it. She uses the mins but doesnt go over.

Data bundle she has never ever used. I hate when sales people upsell to elderly customers.

She wants a new phone but im tempted to go for sim only contract and telling her to buy a phone outright.

Do you reckon around £25 a month will get a new phone and increased mins? By new phone i mean recent one.

I would maybe go for something like simplicity from o2, but we're all on o2 so would make use of the free o2 to o2.

Banned

depends on if your nan wants a new phone ? i got a good deal but didnt want an new phone

Original Poster

ChipSticks;7292774

I would maybe go for something like simplicity from o2, but we're all on … I would maybe go for something like simplicity from o2, but we're all on o2 so would make use of the free o2 to o2.

Simplicity is good but i kinda want a really good deal from Vodafone. Its annoying shes been paying this much for so long.

Data bundle for £10 a month at 50MB usage! Something that shes never used but prob got sweet talked into having.

Original Poster

dog_cop;7292794

depends on if your nan wants a new phone ? i got a good deal but didnt … depends on if your nan wants a new phone ? i got a good deal but didnt want an new phone

What was your deal please D_C

Im sure if got them down to £15 for the mins shes getting now (removing the data bundle also) she'll be happy to buy a new phone or carry on with whats she got if shes saving £30 a month

shop.vodafone.co.uk/sho…803

How about something like this? Simple to use Nokia phone, 600mins unlimited texts, £20 p/m 24 month contract

Starr;7292801

Simplicity is good but i kinda want a really good deal from Vodafone. Its … Simplicity is good but i kinda want a really good deal from Vodafone. Its annoying shes been paying this much for so long.Data bundle for £10 a month at 50MB usage! Something that shes never used but prob got sweet talked into having.

I actually would complain about that, and I think I'd do it first, then demand a better deal out of them.

Banned

Starr;7292822

What was your deal please D_CIm sure if got them down to £15 for the mins … What was your deal please D_CIm sure if got them down to £15 for the mins shes getting now (removing the data bundle also) she'll be happy to buy a new phone or carry on with whats she got if shes saving £30 a month

12 month contract

15 per month
900 mins
600 texts
unlimited land line calls

Or SIM Only, 12 month contract, 600 mins, unlimited text, £15 p/m then buy a phone

Original Poster

Ok thanks for your help, have repped all.

Gonna go to hers and make the call now.

Will prob go for DCs sim only deal.

Chipsticks i will complain about that you are right. Will ask for them to credit the account and then go on the sim only deal If not then PAC code it is

Thanks again

Ive been with vodafone for 11 years since i was 13. last year i upgraded the top tier package of £40 with the latest £40 only phone for £25 month I got an 15 quid discount.

My dad recently gt BB strm £40 package for £35 he with them for 2 years so meet in the middle i guess

Original Poster

Tintern1981;7292884

Or SIM Only, 12 month contract, 600 mins, unlimited text, £15 p/m then … Or SIM Only, 12 month contract, 600 mins, unlimited text, £15 p/m then buy a phone

Got this deal, my Nan was more than happy with it.

Thanks for everyones help
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3593
    2. black friday dates for halfords11
    3. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…66
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226663

See more discussions