Expired

Vodafone Retentions Advice Please!

Found 12th Jun 2014
So I phoned to ask for a PAC code, and said I was considering leaving - and they told me to send an email to a company called "Olive" and they would sort that out for me.

I see people are getting great retentions deals (and I'm stuck at 300 minutes / unlimited texts / 250MB data for £10.50 a month) - I really would like to see their best price for a SIM only contract but so far nobody has offered me anything at all.

So shall I send an email to this 3rd party company and hope to hear back from Vodafone after that? Is that the best way to proceed?

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Vodafone
13 Comments

Original Poster

Also why do I have to deal with Olive?? I signed a contract with Vodafone and I would have expected to speak to Vodafone!

Banned

confused. Com

ring again op

Original Poster

sofiasar

confused. Comring again op

Rang 3 times via 191.
Each time "Olive" pick up (apparently a Vodafone partner) and say I need to email my statement of cancellation and request a PAC code via email (cs@olive.co.uk)

I'm wondering how people get retentions though. I looked on Vodafone forums and it suggests you can ring for a PAC code and they also give you an offer, which you may want to decline for a better one; but I wasn't offered anything at all.
Edited by: "Firefly1" 12th Jun 2014

Original Poster

ukwestspeed

I called 191 yesterday and was offered it straight away. I rang back … I called 191 yesterday and was offered it straight away. I rang back today to confirm it and the chap I spoke to wasn't aware of it so he got someone else to call back and I set it all up. I appreciate its not always that easy, but hopefully useful ammo for you to negotiate.

I asked 1 time: "I would like to leave and could I have my PAC code please" and the other "How do I go about cancelling my contract as it is not value for money?" . They didn't offer anything at all, merely stated that I have to email with 30 days notice. Did not ask for account details nor phone number etc.

Really strange Going to end up leaving as they insist on offering me zero.

What this 'Olive'?

[img]media1.picsearch.com/is?9poCUvp00LLMCrsf4vFNHzU1cqqphWotwaXE3b9Z2xk&height=270[/img]

Nah, just ring again, and again and again until you get someone who does offer you something. But in my experience, ask for the PAC, they previously sent it as a text.. Once you have it, it's valid for 30 days. Wait till they call you. That's when you'll get the best deal.

I got a decent offer but that's because I was paying 30 a month and told them what cheaper and better I could get else where. I am not saying your custom isn't valued but at the tariff maybe you should see what is on tesco to match and then go back with the information if they ask why you want to cancel on giving notice of your 30 day cancellation.

Any retention deal is based on your spend over the last 6 months, and how much they make from you.
If you're paying £10.50 a month and not going over that, you make them no profit and therefore not worth keeping as a customer.
All the network work like that.

Original Poster

steve1221

Any retention deal is based on your spend over the last 6 months, and how … Any retention deal is based on your spend over the last 6 months, and how much they make from you.If you're paying £10.50 a month and not going over that, you make them no profit and therefore not worth keeping as a customer.All the network work like that.

Ended up with:

Unlimited Minutes
Unlimited Texts
5 GB Data (1st three months unlimited data)
Free Spotify Premium (12 months)
12 Month Contract
1 Month Free
Tethering allowed (presumably standard for Vodafone, didn't ask)
Eligible for phone upgrade after 9 months
£15.50 per month per phone (exc. 1 month free)

x4 Phones

No idea what 191 are doing still, nor did the live chat advisor!

Edited by: "Firefly1" 12th Jun 2014

Firefly1

Ended up with:Unlimited MinutesUnlimited Texts5 GB Data (1st three months … Ended up with:Unlimited MinutesUnlimited Texts5 GB Data (1st three months unlimited data)Free Spotify Premium (12 months)12 Month Contract1 Month FreeTethering allowed (presumably standard for Vodafone, didn't ask)Eligible for phone upgrade after 9 months£15.50 per month per phone (exc. 1 month free)x4 Phones :)No idea what 191 are doing still, nor did the live chat advisor!

ah that's exactly what I got. Good one. :-)

Original Poster

lmcd82

ah that's exactly what I got. Good one. :-)

Still not that impressed with Vodafone signal generally, so they only just tempted me with that Took a while of chatting, wish they would just offer me their best deal without talking for so long haha, if only

i was with vodafone for nearly 15 years, just got out of their contract after a nightmare!!

i asked for my pac code
they said it'd be sent out withen 28 DAYS!!!

however what you need to know is that it EXPIRES withen 28 days of you asking for it

ask them to give it to you immidiately over the phone

once they give out the pac code, the retention team will harass you

if the contract is with vodafone, deal with vodafone and not some other company they're fobbing off to you

I called to leave two days ago.... I used to be on unlimited mins and txt and 1gb data for £20.50. My new deal is unlimited mins and txts, 5 gb of data - which is unlimited for first 3 months, free spotify or sky sports. They did it for £15.50 per month but also credited my account with £64 - so I get the first 4 months free! very happy with that, it only works out at £10.16 per month for 12 months
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants