Vodafone Retentions - has anyone managed to connect with them and get a deal?

Posted 14th Oct
Hi all,

I'm at the end of my contract and looking to negotiate staying with Vodafone. Usually no problem, but finding it difficult to connect with a team that has authority to offer substantial discounts to loyal customers (been with them 15 years).

I get passed from Upgrades to 'Disconnections' but this disconnections team still seems very restricted - and potentially Indian based (all previous dealings with Retentions over the years have come from the UK teams).

They won't shift on anything above 15-20 % on SIM only. iPhone deals are through the roof.

If anyone has any advice please, holla!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Are you contacting them via live chat or over the phone?
Sprinter51514/10/2019 21:17

Are you contacting them via live chat or over the phone?

Live Chat, always have for years.
I think it’s best if you call up might get through to someone in the UK. Generally the live chat agents are not from the Uk.
letslaughadam14/10/2019 21:35

Live Chat, always have for years.

always found the best deals were over the phone with a month to go. Never had any luck with live chat and the retentions team over the phone has always been Uk based.
I haven't had any luck for the last 2 years on SIMO deals.. Been with them for 10+ years, got 2 lines both on the entertainment package. I tried twice on live chat, best I could get was them telling me I could get NHS discount through a family member (which I did, 15% I think). I didn't really push it much but to be fair my 2 lines only come to about £46/month for the 2 lines with Spotify on both (now -15%).. I also asked once in store but they suggested ringing help desk. I remember a few years ago 40% off was quite easy to get but I think those days are over.

The NHS discount thing is also charged at £10 per line so it'll take 3 months to break even on that too.
dirty_stan14/10/2019 23:00

I haven't had any luck for the last 2 years on SIMO deals.. Been with them …I haven't had any luck for the last 2 years on SIMO deals.. Been with them for 10+ years, got 2 lines both on the entertainment package. I tried twice on live chat, best I could get was them telling me I could get NHS discount through a family member (which I did, 15% I think). I didn't really push it much but to be fair my 2 lines only come to about £46/month for the 2 lines with Spotify on both (now -15%).. I also asked once in store but they suggested ringing help desk. I remember a few years ago 40% off was quite easy to get but I think those days are over.The NHS discount thing is also charged at £10 per line so it'll take 3 months to break even on that too.

Jeeze. I was getting 50% off the SIM only deals £27 --> £13.50 with 2 months free, only about 18 months ago. Then I ditched to Virgin for a 12 month period as I was at the end of my tether with Vodafone CS
Vodafone have terrible new customer offers and - on my return - so I'm getting 100GB via Fonehouse for £15/month with Spotify (Vodafone Network).
You can definitely make more savings on that £23/line via intermediatory Vodafone companies
Edited by: "Firefly1" 15th Oct
Firefly115/10/2019 00:24

Jeeze. I was getting 50% off the SIM only deals £27 --> £13.50 with 2 m …Jeeze. I was getting 50% off the SIM only deals £27 --> £13.50 with 2 months free, only about 18 months ago. Then I ditched to Virgin for a 12 month period as I was at the end of my tether with Vodafone CS Vodafone have terrible new customer offers and - on my return - so I'm getting 100GB via Fonehouse for £15/month with Spotify (Vodafone Network).You can definitely make more savings on that £23/line via intermediatory Vodafone companies

That's a great deal, I remember paying about £16/month with 20gb or so + Spotify about 3 years ago but no good deals since. I've seen some fonehouse deals on here which are very good but I don't think I'll be able to keep my number unless I port out and back in again. I find Vodafone network signal good so I'd rather stay and I'm too lazy to port out and back, hence the poor 15% discount I get! I only renewed in a 12m simo about 6 weeks ago but maybe I should make more effort next year. I think 2x lines with 20gb + Spotify on both for <£40 isn't terrible but I know I could do better with a little effort!

Edit: I guess when you got that 50% off you called them rather than live chat?
Edited by: "dirty_stan" 15th Oct
The best deals you’ll get will be on the phone. You can try getting a PAC via text and as long as your marketing preferences are right, you’ll almost certainly get a call offering you a deal to stay. If you don’t use the PAC nothing will happen so you have nothing to lose
Retention depts tend not to be customer facing, they call you. They get all the info when someone asks for their pac and if they think it's worth calling you they will.
To get the best deal. Cancel and ask for pac code. Wait a few days and let the retentions deal with you not live chat or 1st line staff.
I managed 35% discount when I phoned them on a sim only contract for 12 months.
I got a new Vodafone contract from mobiles.co.uk and then requested my pac. Vodafone called me direct and it was cheaper to return the pixel 3a from mobiles.co.uk and take the 3xl from Vodafone with more data. They called me tho.
Edited by: "smith2001uk" 15th Oct
You are making me nervous now, my sim only deal expires on 25th October, I want to stay with them, their signal is really good for me particularly for phone calls, data signal is ok...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants