Groups

VODAFONE SAYING CANNOT CHANGE NUMBER ON CONTRACT

My missus wants her number changing as getting calls from people she doesnt want ringing her pestering her

and also from family members who are being very difficult *she was adopted originally*

vodafone say they cannt change her number is this right ?

so people who are getting threatning calls etc just have to put up with it do they

14 Comments

Can they not just block numbers?

niall1234

Can they not just block numbers?

This i thought aslong as you know the number you can request the operator to block it for you, it when you get number withheld they cant do anything

Original Poster

winifer

This i thought aslong as you know the number you can request the operator … This i thought aslong as you know the number you can request the operator to block it for you, it when you get number withheld they cant do anything

which is daft coz if they block the number the person will just withold it or ring off another phone

not happy at all its no wonder kinds end up killing themselves from bullying and stuff when they cant do owt about sh1t like this

Original Poster

dontasciime

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&LEVEL_ID=0&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTRY=us&FEATURE_TOP_ID=1205&PARENT_TOPIC_ID=1205&TOPIC_ID=100616&ARTICLE_ID=2988&DISPLAY=SUBTOPICARTICLES&HANDLERMODE=NOJSPAGE

thankyou for the link

does say they can change then number if need be

i will ring them tomorrow

maybe you have to log a complaint 3 times before they do anything about it

Original Poster

dontasciime

maybe you have to log a complaint 3 times before they do anything about it

right well number 2 will be tomorrow and 3 will be thur lol

i pay £100 a month for 2 contracts with them if they do bl00dy help with this ill be leaving and going somewhere else then ill get a s0dding new number

I'm pretty sure they will change the number. My sister had her number changed after receiving texts and calls from people she never knew.

May not be much help but if the phone is a Sony Ericsson then you can set a contact so it goes straight to answer machine.

If any of the calls are threatening or harassment go to the police, then advise Vodafone about this. That will soon stir them up.

As a temporary measure can you swap phone numbers. You can delete texts and hang up on callers and your wife will be protected from what these people are saying.

What phone does she have?

I managed to change mine, was given the option of changing due to harrassment and having it changed for free with a crime reference number from the Police, or having the number changed straight away with a £25 charge on my next bill, chose the second option as I needed it changing ASAP, and with 15 mins I had my new number, thanks Vodafone.

Banned

Easiest option - Buy a Vodafone PAYG sim card and transfer the number across. Make sure you have some balance on it though, GBP 5 - GBP 10 and then call up customer service. Takes about 24 hours, usually in a couple of hours though. Any balance on the PAYG card will be adjusted against the next bill as well. so you won't lost any money.

Hope this helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone else find Playerunknown super addictive but soooo frustrating54
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?35227
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …188492
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32155

See more discussions