Found 2nd Dec 2016
Greetings one and all. Seeking some help here. My partner bought a Smart Ultra 6 from Vodafone 9 months ago. Everything was working fine until last week. The phone started to open up different pages without anyone touching it. The right side of the screen is unresponsive. We took the phone to Vodafone. A guy looked at the phone and said, there's a slight damage to the casing, but they'll send it off to see if the repair team will fix it, but they doubt it. Yesterday a guy from the repair team called and say they are not gonna fix it because of the slight damage to the casing. They want £60 to fix it. Has anyone had a problem with Vodafone not repairing their phone?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

1. Ask
  2. Vodafone
17 Comments

not quite right in the freebies section, pal. try misc?

Original Poster

dynbrn

not quite right in the freebies section, pal. try misc?

my bad. will do.

also bought same fone but coz I unlocked it 2 sim free and after 9 months fone useless az stuck on aeroplane mode even tho switched off , even after factory setting it, same prob, Vodafone wont even look at it coz unlocked

Original Poster

tartanmac58

also bought same fone but coz I unlocked it 2 sim free and after 9 months … also bought same fone but coz I unlocked it 2 sim free and after 9 months fone useless az stuck on aeroplane mode even tho switched off , even after factory setting it, same prob, Vodafone wont even look at it coz unlocked

Wow. Shocking. Never again.

Original Poster

Can a mod move this to misc for me please? I don't know how to do it. Thanks.

gudyute

Can a mod move this to misc for me please? I don't know how to do it. … Can a mod move this to misc for me please? I don't know how to do it. Thanks.

Moved to Ask as it's a question.

Original Poster

BarmyBulldog

Moved to Ask as it's a question.

Thank you.

all the phone providers / manufacturers are trying to get out of free repairs now... having said that, if it had bee dropped repeatedly, it would invalidate your warranty... i have the same issue with lenovo at the moment, want more to fix than phone is worth

Voda will attempt to fix your phone 3x before offering a new device or refund...

Original Poster

espirit77

all the phone providers / manufacturers are trying to get out of free … all the phone providers / manufacturers are trying to get out of free repairs now... having said that, if it had bee dropped repeatedly, it would invalidate your warranty... i have the same issue with lenovo at the moment, want more to fix than phone is worthVoda will attempt to fix your phone 3x before offering a new device or refund...

To be honest, the phone has never been dropped. It has a little scratch on the casing, and because of that they don't want to repair it.

Had a similar problem with Vodafone shocking company brought a moto e 2nd gen payg as a 1st phone for my son, only for it to be faulty not picking up any signal once sim was in, so had it sent off only for them to ring saying the imei is missing & itll cost me £58! Wtf phone only cost me £40 outright, I explained 2them it was brand new out of the box nothing has been tampered with but still wouldn't have it so I told them to stick it! Went to tesco mobile superb service got him a brand new moto e3 so he's happy, even wrote a letter of disgust to Vodafone well over a month ago not heard a thing! Sums up this awful company!

Same problem for me, faulty screen they refused to repair as they claimed water damage (somehow the indicators hadn't activated).

Had the same issue, but thankfully bought from Amazon.

After 5 months, we had the same issue - reported to Amazon and they send out a new phone in 24 hours - absolutley no questions asked, fantastic customer service.

4 months later the new phone experienced the same fault - again, informed Amazon - again they offered to send out a new phone, we decided to get our money back.

Vodafone - terrible quality of phones
Amazon - a company that understands what customer service is...... we will be buying our next phone through Amazon.

vodafone suck in general

soled73

Had the same issue, but thankfully bought from Amazon.After 5 months, we … Had the same issue, but thankfully bought from Amazon.After 5 months, we had the same issue - reported to Amazon and they send out a new phone in 24 hours - absolutley no questions asked, fantastic customer service.4 months later the new phone experienced the same fault - again, informed Amazon - again they offered to send out a new phone, we decided to get our money back. Vodafone - terrible quality of phonesAmazon - a company that understands what customer service is...... we will be buying our next phone through Amazon.

amazon customer service rapidly going downhilll... chap i spoke to today could not speak english..not exaggerating....

gudyute

To be honest, the phone has never been dropped. It has a little scratch … To be honest, the phone has never been dropped. It has a little scratch on the casing, and because of that they don't want to repair it.

right, but a scuff is enough for them to claim it has been dropped even if it hasn't... having said that, if it was perfect, they'd still try to get out of fixing for free....

fluff45

Had a similar problem with Vodafone shocking company brought a moto e 2nd … Had a similar problem with Vodafone shocking company brought a moto e 2nd gen payg as a 1st phone for my son, only for it to be faulty not picking up any signal once sim was in, so had it sent off only for them to ring saying the imei is missing & itll cost me £58! Wtf phone only cost me £40 outright, I explained 2them it was brand new out of the box nothing has been tampered with but still wouldn't have it so I told them to stick it! Went to tesco mobile superb service got him a brand new moto e3 so he's happy, even wrote a letter of disgust to Vodafone well over a month ago not heard a thing! Sums up this awful company!

what's a missing imei? they're saying the imei on the phone is not registered in their database?

Ain't gotta bloody clue!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Boredom1419
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35108
    3. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?918
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769638

See more discussions