Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 update to Android 5.1.1 now available OTA

Found 30th Nov 2015
Just got a pop up saying update to Android 5.1.1 ☺

Downloading as I type this.
Community Updates
AskVodafoneAndroid
34 Comments
I'm unlocked on Three as well so thought I wouldn't be eligible?

Not complaining though, anyone one else already updated..... Did it all go smoothly?
not on mine yet, will keep checking, thanks for the headsup.
http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u560/Midnitestory/Screenshot_2015-11-30-18-18-12_zpslitkr57z.png
http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u560/Midnitestory/Screenshot_2015-11-30-18-57-10_zpsjpkf04ku.png
http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u560/Midnitestory/Screenshot_2015-11-30-19-12-48_zpsa4aheb4r.png
http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u560/Midnitestory/Screenshot_2015-11-30-19-13-36_zps7bhgriz5.png
All went smoothly.

So make sure you have updates enabled and keep an eye out on your phones
Oh goody! I've been looking forward to this being offered in the UK ever since I saw it being launched in Turkey a couple of days ago.

I'm on FreedomPop and unlocked. So far nothing is flagging up as an update but I remain hopefully.

Thanks for the heads-up...
I thought I'd have to put in the free Vodafone PAYG sim I've got but I'm on Three and still got the notification and OTA install.
Joe90_guy

Oh goody! I've been looking forward to this being offered in the UK ever … Oh goody! I've been looking forward to this being offered in the UK ever since I saw it being launched in Turkey a couple of days ago.I'm on FreedomPop and unlocked. So far nothing is flagging up as an update but I remain hopefully.Thanks for the heads-up...

​How does Freedompop work and what do you get? I used to be with Ovivo and I'm sure you're aware how that turned out for everyone
steevieboy4u

All went smoothly. So make sure you have updates enabled and keep an eye … All went smoothly. So make sure you have updates enabled and keep an eye out on your phones

Did they fix the bug with the spell checker in 5.1?
steevieboy4u

​How does Freedompop work and what do you get? I used to be with Ovivo a … ​How does Freedompop work and what do you get? I used to be with Ovivo and I'm sure you're aware how that turned out for everyone

I bought a FreedomPop SIM for £6.99 and put it in my SU6. You download the FP app off Play Store. FP connects you to the Three network if you're out and about or via your internet connection if you're at home. It's really a VOIP thing so calls are really done via data connection. You get free minutes, texts and data (à LA OVIVO) but it's all just data.
It works best a home with a decent internet connection. I was driving down the M6 a couple of days ago and got a 'weak signal' notification and the call was very poor.
The one thing that is very confusing in the FP app is that the number dialer doesn't work. You have to go through Contacts. I suspect the dialer thing will get fixed in time (it is a Beta service after all).
Overall, I'm not 100% sure I'll stay with FP. Don't get me wrong. It's okay and it does work albeit a bit messily right now. The thing is my Three 321 SIM, which I bought after OVIVO died, works 'conventionally' and has proved to be very cheap.
Hope that helps...
Joe90_guy

I bought a FreedomPop SIM for £6.99 and put it in my SU6. You download … I bought a FreedomPop SIM for £6.99 and put it in my SU6. You download the FP app off Play Store. FP connects you to the Three network if you're out and about or via your internet connection if you're at home. It's really a VOIP thing so calls are really done via data connection. You get free minutes, texts and data (à LA OVIVO) but it's all just data. It works best a home with a decent internet connection. I was driving down the M6 a couple of days ago and got a 'weak signal' notification and the call was very poor.The one thing that is very confusing in the FP app is that the number dialer doesn't work. You have to go through Contacts. I suspect the dialer thing will get fixed in time (it is a Beta service after all).Overall, I'm not 100% sure I'll stay with FP. Don't get me wrong. It's okay and it does work albeit a bit messily right now. The thing is my Three 321 SIM, which I bought after OVIVO died, works 'conventionally' and has proved to be very cheap.Hope that helps...

So the £6.99 is a one off thing, the data you use when your out and about to get calls is supplied by Three but is unlimited, so unlimited calls, texts and internet all from the free Three data connection?
bogglesmith2

Did they fix the bug with the spell checker in 5.1?

How do you simulate this bug?

If its using the standard keyboard I wouldn't know as I use the 'Swiftkey' keyboard.

It has sorted the Stage fright and Heart Bleed exploits though as I downloaded the apps to check last night
steevieboy4u

How do you simulate this bug?

If you misspell a word and get the red line under it, you should be able to tap on it to bring up a list of suggestions. On 5.0.2 it vanishes as soon as it appears.
Edited by: "bogglesmith2" 1st Dec 2015
bogglesmith2

If you misspell a word and get the red line under it, you should be able … If you misspell a word and get the red line under it, you should be able to tap on it to bring up a list of suggestions. On 5.0.2 it vanishes as soon as it appears.

Like I said I use 'Swiftkey' so don't have this issue as it autocorrects any spelling mistakes.....Try it

play.google.com/sto…eta
bogglesmith2

If you misspell a word and get the red line under it, you should be able … If you misspell a word and get the red line under it, you should be able to tap on it to bring up a list of suggestions. On 5.0.2 it vanishes as soon as it appears.

​Yeah that bug is fixed. Also:
Bringing down notifications whilst backlight led is on doesn't cause said led to flicker.
Pressing the recent button turns on backlight led now
Connect as MTP is now on by default i e doesn't reset to off when u restart the phone. This means when u connect the phone to a pc via usb it'll be detected by default
FPSRazR

​Yeah that bug is fixed. Also:Bringing down notifications whilst b … ​Yeah that bug is fixed. Also:Bringing down notifications whilst backlight led is on doesn't cause said led to flicker.Pressing the recent button turns on backlight led nowConnect as MTP is now on by default i e doesn't reset to off when u restart the phone. This means when u connect the phone to a pc via usb it'll be detected by default

Ah great, thank you.
After i click install update my phone restarts then boots into the recovery mode and the update does not install what do i do?
No update here, still on MR01d which I think is the one before this?
amaan2121

After i click install update my phone restarts then boots into the … After i click install update my phone restarts then boots into the recovery mode and the update does not install what do i do?

​Is it possible to delete the downloaded update and then download it again, it might be corrupt? Mine installed with no issues so can't really help as I never experienced your problem... Try searching the net or phone Vodafone (apparently their customer service is pants though so I wouldn't rely on them helping, but I've never phoned them so I shouldn't really judge them its purely all the comments I've read about them)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
steevieboy4u

​How does Freedompop work and what do you get? I used to be with Ovivo a … ​How does Freedompop work and what do you get? I used to be with Ovivo and I'm sure you're aware how that turned out for everyone

I was tempted but they don't allow number porting. A major flaw in their business model
chocci

I was tempted but they don't allow number porting. A major flaw in … I was tempted but they don't allow number porting. A major flaw in their business model

Not going to bother either, I'll stick with my Three 123 PAYG does me fine and doesn't cost the earth.
steevieboy4u

Not going to bother either, I'll stick with my Three 123 PAYG does me … Not going to bother either, I'll stick with my Three 123 PAYG does me fine and doesn't cost the earth.

Same here. Costs me about £5 every 3 months as most people I know have viber
Some useful info on the UK rollout of the 5.1 SU6 update...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3uxdjy/android_511_released_for_the_vodafone_smart_ultra/

It seems on limited release so far (to the first 10,000 phones) with general release happening around Dec 12th. Also looks like we may actually be getting Marshmallow at some point in the future.
Joe90_guy

Some useful info on the UK rollout of the 5.1 SU6 … Some useful info on the UK rollout of the 5.1 SU6 update...https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3uxdjy/android_511_released_for_the_vodafone_smart_ultra/It seems on limited release so far (to the first 10,000 phones) with general release happening around Dec 12th. Also looks like we may actually be getting Marshmallow at some point in the future.

Marshmallow oO

Think i'll wait even longer now before I root it then (_;)
Any issues for those that have updated?
Love my SU6. Been offered update but thinking maybe "if it works don't fix it". Any problems with installed apps after update? Would be grateful for your experiences please.
No issues at all. Battery lasts even longer now as well oO it was good before I updated but now I can get away without charging for almost 2 days even using WiFi etc
Just got another vodafone smart ultra 6 update? Its stating better Bluetooth and performance, anyone done it yet?
I've done it. Not used it much though!

No issues in 11 minutes standby
Batch_2001

I've done it. Not used it much though! No issues in 11 minutes standby

So is it just bug fixes and you're still on Android 5.1.1 ?
Batch_2001

I've done it. Not used it much though! No issues in 11 minutes standby

I started a new thread, is the same update you did or have you only just done the update from 5.02 to 5.1.1?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants