Vodafone terminate contract for free

Found 4th Apr
Vodafone announced that they will make some changes on their free roaming country list on May 2018.

With this change, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Turkey will be moving from their Europe Zone into Rest of the World Zone 1.

Because of this change you can terminate your contact early without any charges. Just ring them and inform about the change and say you don't accept it. Some customers were even able to terminate the contract and keep the phones without additional fees.

vodafone.co.uk/cs/…pdf

Give it a try!
Community Updates
11 Comments
Just spoke to Vodafone and they said I can't cancel my contract cos its only for those who travel to Turkey alot. I asked how do you define that and he said we can see if you've used your phone in Turkey. What a load of rubbish!
have they also increased the price of using your tariff abroad to £6 instead of £5 ? anyone know how that would work with a phone from mobile phones direct who do you contact ?
SwirlesY41 m ago

Just spoke to Vodafone and they said I can't cancel my contract cos its …Just spoke to Vodafone and they said I can't cancel my contract cos its only for those who travel to Turkey alot. I asked how do you define that and he said we can see if you've used your phone in Turkey. What a load of rubbish!

So what was the outcome?
deeky1 h, 59 m ago

So what was the outcome?

Was told that if I wanted to terminate my contract I would have to buy them out. Afterwards I thought I could jus blag it and tell them that I am going on holiday to Turkey soon and when I took out the contract that it was a factor in me choosing vodafone that usage over there was included.

What do we think? I'll give it a bash when I get home.
as per the previous thread, i tried this last time and got nowhere.
This is quite ridiculous, I was in Turkey last summer I used my phone there and I'm going again in a few weeks. Yet Vodafone said I'm not eligible to cancel?
deleted579596th Apr

anyone wanting to do this and getting no where I suggest you use resolver …anyone wanting to do this and getting no where I suggest you use resolver that way you can escalate it to the ombudsman with all contact recorded as evidence.

What's ombudsman?
Its definitely worth pushing this if you feel as strongly as I did. As mentioned in previous post, Vodafone said I wasn't eligible for cancelling as all contracts since December (including my renewal in Jan), have included in the small print that Vodafone reserve the right to change the Global Roaming service at their discretion.

However I insisted they check the phone recording taken at the time of my renewal, because the Vodafone rep had stated clearly to me that the Global Roaming service would be part of my package just as before. This clinched it, and they've accepted that it was incorrect of their rep to make that statement, therefore they've agreed to cancel my contract without any fees.
Just spoke to Vodafone. Didn't really have to push they saw I visited Albania over the summer and told me that I had the right to cancel (as written on the text message they sent me) so I asked them what kind of sim only deals they had but nothing really what I liked so I asked for the PAC code and transferred over to EE :). Also saved myself over £200 from my phone contract since I had 7 months left .
Looks like I was too late. Just spoken to Vodafone on the chat and have been told:
"Yes earlier there is an update that Turkey has been moved to roam further country but now we have recently receive the new information today that we have changed it back to roam free destination."
Interested to see if anyone else receives this reply as the information is still on the website
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions