Vodafone UK - Unlimited Max Plan Issues?

Posted 12th Dec 2019
Hi There,

Just querying if anyone has had issues in relation to the Unlimited Max Plan via vodafone?

Vodafone claim that the Unlimited Max Plan isn't throttled and you will achieve the fastest 4G and 5G speeds available to you.

I seem to be constantly throttled to certain speeds in every single location and only improve when a VPN is connected.

Speeds without a VPN are around (10/20Mb/s)
Speeds with a VPN is around 130+Mb/s.

Just wondering if anyone else is on the plan here and if you have had the same issues?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
It certainly sounds like throttling, I’m with Vodafone and pull more than 30 over the 3G network with no VPN. I had been looking at that plan because it seems like a decent deal given I struggle with other networks where I live.

id get onto them
Dannyrobbo12/12/2019 10:20

It certainly sounds like throttling, I’m with Vodafone and pull more than 3 …It certainly sounds like throttling, I’m with Vodafone and pull more than 30 over the 3G network with no VPN. I had been looking at that plan because it seems like a decent deal given I struggle with other networks where I live.id get onto them

Have a look at this...

youtube.com/wat…tle

Idk customer services are like we don't throttle you...
You are not connected to the Vodafone network which is why you are getting faster speeds on a VPN.
I'm like WUT?!

I have sent a evidence and a message to Ofcom they are currently querying it with Vodafone under the Traffic Management rules and regulations.
Edited by: "X-Ray" 12th Dec 2019
39334046-7pr2C.jpg
X-Ray12/12/2019 11:05

Have a look at …Have a look at this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_q-VH7gOiE&feature=emb_titleIdk customer services are like we don't throttle you...You are not connected to the Vodafone network which is why you are getting faster speeds on a VPN.I'm like WUT?!I have sent a evidence and a message to Ofcom they are currently querying it with Vodafone under the Traffic Management rules and regulations.

just as a test try changing the vodafone server manually and put the same server for both and see if this makes a difference? I took that screenshot on 3G with no vpn first thing.
Dannyrobbo12/12/2019 12:03

[Image] just as a test try changing the vodafone server manually and put …[Image] just as a test try changing the vodafone server manually and put the same server for both and see if this makes a difference? I took that screenshot on 3G with no vpn first thing.

Honestly I've performed hundreds of speedtests vodafone and vodafone aql and aql etc it always produces a faster speed on a VPN
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions