Vodafone ultra smart owners after upgrading to 5.1.1 do a lot of your apps keep randomly crashing?

Found 14th Dec 2015
I keep getting the message randomly on a lot of apps 'this app has stopped working wait or close?'

I didn't get this before the upgrade to 5.1.1 anyone else getting similar issues or can help please?

Any help greatly received

10 Comments

I don't have that phone myself but I found 5.1.1 a lot of apps crashed. some just need updating but you may find its down to lollipop. I'm now using marshmallow and not having those issues

I had regular (2/3 times per day) reboots before the update. Didn't have a spare phone to use whilst I returned it so persevered. After the update it has been working perefectly for me. All apps have been running fine.

Mine isn't crashing any more often than before update

No problems after upgrade for me.

Have you tried going into the recovery menu and selecting 'wipe cache partition'? It's generally advisable after installing a system update and a must do if it's had a few system updates since you bought it.

Original Poster

AmberJack

Have you tried going into the recovery menu and selecting 'wipe cache … Have you tried going into the recovery menu and selecting 'wipe cache partition'? It's generally advisable after installing a system update and a must do if it's had a few system updates since you bought it.

​will that delete my apps?

adamwilko007

​will that delete my apps?

No, and neither will it delete any data.

If you have had a few system updates since you first got it, it will almost certainly make it noticeably faster and improve battery life too.

Here's how to perform 'wipe cache partition' on your phone :

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds. When an Android Image displays on the screen press the Power key to enter Recovery Mode. In order to choose "wipe cache partition" use the Volume Down to navigate and the Power button to confirm. Once complete (look to bottom left of screen for confirmation) use volume rocker again to select "reboot system now" and press power button. That's it!

BTW, I recently performed a wipe cache partition on a 2012 nexus 7 that had loads of old system updates and it took about ten minutes to complete, but a newer device with less updates will take just a few seconds to do, due to there being far less old system files to delete on a newer device.

Original Poster

AmberJack

Here's how to perform 'wipe cache partition' on your phone :With the … Here's how to perform 'wipe cache partition' on your phone :With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds. When an Android Image displays on the screen press the Power key to enter Recovery Mode. In order to choose "wipe cache partition" use the Volume Down to navigate and the Power button to confirm. Once complete (look to bottom left of screen for confirmation) use volume rocker again to select "reboot system now" and press power button. That's it!

​thanks so much you have solved it! Really appreciate that :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text