Vodafone Unlimited MAX speed capping?

Posted 8th Oct
So im currently out of contract looking for my next time only. Vodafone would be my choice as spotify, I use that daily in work. Looking at the current line up of unlimited vodafone deals they all seem capped. Does anyone actually have unlimited max and do you see any speed capping?

This is the info on "about speed" when you look at the plan details: (I've Italicised (is that a word) the bits)

Unlimited Max Plan

Fastest available

Browsing the internet

General surfing on the internet requires no more than 1 Mbps. Therefore, the data speed limit of 10 Mbps, will allow you to carry out your browse comfortably

Checking social media

Facebook, including chat recommends 0.032 Mbps. Therefore, the data speed limit of 10 Mbps will allow you to enjoy unlimited browsing on Facebook

Messages and emails

Music streaming (e.g. Spotify in high quality)

Spotify recommends 0.36 Mbps to stream high quality music. Therefore, the data speed limit of 10 Mbps will allow you to enjoy unlimited music on Spotify.

If you want to download a song, it will take under 4 seconds.

Sending and receiving images, audio and video files

Making and receiving HD video calls

Streaming HD TV shows and movies (Netflix recommends 5Mbps for HD quality)

Most single player, online games

Downloading and updating apps on the go

Shooting, editing and sharing social content on-the-go

Downloading your favourite boxsets faster than ever

Watching live TV and Sport in 4K with Ultra HD

Real-time, multiplayer gaming on mobile

Confidently use your phone as a hotspot
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
You are not subjected to a speed cap on the max plan
The website is wrong then? I don’t want to commit to that and then be capped... it’s not very clear
pedropdx08/10/2019 11:43

The website is wrong then? I don’t want to commit to that and then be c …The website is wrong then? I don’t want to commit to that and then be capped... it’s not very clear

no it says fastest available, also 4K streaming is under that option there’s no way that’s possible with a 10mbps cap
Why not look at voxi who use the Vodafone system as that might be cheaper
Take your pick from the multiple KFIs that Voda chucks around. Limits only apply to plans that include the word "Unlimited" ( ! ) according to the July 2019 KFI:
"Mobile data speed limits apply to our Vodafone Unlimited Lite and Vodafone Unlimited plans only" at:
vodafone.co.uk/cs/…pdf
Maybe compare to a random Sept 2014 KFI at:
vodafone.co.uk/cs/…pdf
or try the KFI OFCOM found, but that appears to require a subsequent login to a Voda account, or may apply to fixed line bb not mobile. Who knows? Who cares?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants