Found 2nd Feb
Some one mentioned that we can unlock Vodafone locked phone by just using their online form, do we need to be on pay monthly plan? Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Vodafone
11 Comments

You do not have to pay unless you have had your contract less than 12 months, or you have already requested a unlock code within the past 12 months.

Thanks for posting this info

Original Poster

yes looks like I have to buy pay as go sim and use it for 30 days as I am not vodafone customer just bought phone from eBay,

If you’ve bought a device locked to Vodafone from a third party, you can either join us as a new customer, or get the device unlocked to use on another network.

We can only unlock your device when we’re sure it belongs to you. The best way to confirm this is by getting a free Pay as you go SIM online or in store and using it for 30 days – a necessary step to guard against fraudsters. You’ll then be able to complete the form to request a network unlock code (NUC).

jun19

yes looks like I have to buy pay as go sim and use it for 30 days as I am … yes looks like I have to buy pay as go sim and use it for 30 days as I am not vodafone customer just bought phone from eBay, If you’ve bought a device locked to Vodafone from a third party, you can either join us as a new customer, or get the device unlocked to use on another network.We can only unlock your device when we’re sure it belongs to you. The best way to confirm this is by getting a free Pay as you go SIM online or in store and using it for 30 days – a necessary step to guard against fraudsters. You’ll then be able to complete the form to request a network unlock code (NUC).

Can't you get an unlock code from eBay?

Original Poster

chimp14uk

Can't you get an unlock code from eBay?

Yes I can that will be my plan

jun19

Yes I can that will be my plan

Just unlocked mine for free on their website

Original Poster

omar020

Just unlocked mine for free on their website

could give me some details as I don't have payg or pay monthly plan, so how can I do that ?

thanks

I had a guy try and unlock mine for the last 4 weeks. Saw him today and he told me that Vodafone have stopped 3 parties from unlocking vodafone. He refunded my money and told me to get a free Pay as you go sim online or in store and using it for 30 days – a necessary step to guard against fraudsters. You will then be able to complete the form to request a network unlock code (NUC).
Edited by: "summerof76" 2nd Feb

Original Poster

I found one working sim so I fill out the form but got this reply don't understand what they actually asking

Thank you for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. We checked the details you gave us, but could not find a match for the IMEI number (your phone's serial number) on your account.

We can only unlock a phone that we know belongs to you. This means you need to have used a Vodafone SIM in it. You need to give us details of this SIM when you fill in our NUC form.

What you need to do next

Double check the details you gave us when you filled in the form - the IMEI number you gave us was 3567650************.

Check this against your phone's IMEI by tapping in *#06# - you will then see it displayed on the screen. If the numbers don't match, you need to fill in our online form again.

Thank You,

Vodafone Customer Services Team
Edited by: "jun19" 2nd Feb

That's right try again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions