Vodafone upgrade haggling

Posted 29th May 2019
Hey I'm due an early upgrade with Vodafone. I currently have a Samsung S8 and pay £45 a month for 8gb data with free Sky Sports.

Hoping to get a Samsung S10 with similiar allowances, just wondering has anyone else haggled a good deal with them recently and advise on how good of a deal I can hope for?
Thanks in advance. 😁
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
They only real way yo get a decent deal with Voda is to go down the Sim Only route (in fact any Network Operator for that matter), you may get get something off a new Phone but its not going to be mind blowing.

Ive been with Voda a looooong time now and that gets reflected when I do my Sim Only upgrades with them, and trust me Im not frightened to leave if they wont play ball, with some years better than others, Im currently on a 87% discount on a Unl+Unl+20gb+ Red Entertaiment Package which, well, cost me under a Tenner and month, but as said been with then for ages.

Buy your own phones or keep the one youve got if your happy with it and go down the Sim Only route its the only way to get decent deals these days.
Buy an S10 from 4gadgets or eglobal and pick up a cheap Three SIM with unlimited data and be infinitely happier
I would definitely got to route of buying the phone from Eglobal and getting a sim only deal. Currently EE has a deal for 32GB for £16 per month.

You will definitely save a lot of money.

But, if you don’t want to take that up then here is some tactics on haggling.

1) tell them you will soon leave for another company and that you found this great deal (make it up based on what you looking for... £2 per GB sounds reasonable)

2) let them know you’ve enjoyed their service but it’s just no longer worth it... gradually slide your way into “I would stay if you could perhaps match or come close to (state deal)... any chance of that?”

3) await response. Don’t always go for the first offer they give you. Always try your best to hit rock bottom prices. Should they refuse?

Hang up and call again. A different employee may the key. Otherwise, ask to speak to a supervisor or a higher up. They are more likely to give in.

Side tip: don’t be afraid to low ball them. Having a good deal and paying less doesn’t make you poor. Just smarter. Many give in cause of what others might think of them.

Plus, if you lowball they are more likely to reply to you with what you were actually looking for.

Vodafone: £20 for 8GB?

You: how about £10 ?

Vodafone: that’s too low sir. I tell you what... you’ve been a long time customer. How about £15 for 8GB?

You: hell ya

DragonX30/05/2019 03:46

I would definitely got to route of buying the phone from Eglobal and …I would definitely got to route of buying the phone from Eglobal and getting a sim only deal. Currently EE has a deal for 32GB for £16 per month.You will definitely save a lot of money.But, if you don’t want to take that up then here is some tactics on haggling.1) tell them you will soon leave for another company and that you found this great deal (make it up based on what you looking for... £2 per GB sounds reasonable)2) let them know you’ve enjoyed their service but it’s just no longer worth it... gradually slide your way into “I would stay if you could perhaps match or come close to (state deal)... any chance of that?”3) await response. Don’t always go for the first offer they give you. Always try your best to hit rock bottom prices. Should they refuse? Hang up and call again. A different employee may the key. Otherwise, ask to speak to a supervisor or a higher up. They are more likely to give in.Side tip: don’t be afraid to low ball them. Having a good deal and paying less doesn’t make you poor. Just smarter. Many give in cause of what others might think of them. Plus, if you lowball they are more likely to reply to you with what you were actually looking for. Vodafone: £20 for 8GB?You: how about £10 ?Vodafone: that’s too low sir. I tell you what... you’ve been a long time customer. How about £15 for 8GB? You: hell ya

Three: How about 10GB for £12?

Me: How about unlimited data for £5?

Three: Nonono not a chance. How about unlimited data for £7?

Me: Nice.
bbfb12330/05/2019 07:41

Three: How about 10GB for £12?Me: How about unlimited data for £5?Three: N …Three: How about 10GB for £12?Me: How about unlimited data for £5?Three: Nonono not a chance. How about unlimited data for £7?Me: Nice.

EE: how about £16 for 32GB?

Me: how about I accept then cancel before 14 day cool off and get all that good stuff for free?

EE: noice....
have a look on uswitch and see what offers are about so you have something credible to hit them with instead of a made up deal, there are deals with over 60gb of data available for what your paying now
IMO early upgrading never yields a decent deal. I always wait til out of contract and use comparison sites. Going through third party (affordable mobiles/ mobiles.co.uk has always netted me much better deal than going direct to network.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants