Groups

Vodafone will sell the iPhone in the UK!!!!(bring on the price war)

23 Comments

This is great news, although cant see the price dropping below 30

The only war will be on the minutes, text and internet allowance. Apple set the price the networks can charge...

Original Poster

steve1221;6427027

The only war will be on the minutes, text and internet allowance. Apple … The only war will be on the minutes, text and internet allowance. Apple set the price the networks can charge...

orange have confirmed it will be cheaper already:thumbsup:

steve1221;6427027

The only war will be on the minutes, text and internet allowance. Apple … The only war will be on the minutes, text and internet allowance. Apple set the price the networks can charge...

That would be price fixing and that would be illegal!

megalomaniac;6427059

What he/she said...

I may get an iphone...

megalomaniac;6427059

not like the petrol stations obviously.............. :thinking:

MarzBarz;6427040

orange have confirmed it will be cheaper already:thumbsup:

I think you'll find that a comment from an analyst (news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm), not from Orange.

Banned

Good news, although 18 month contracts on a phone that gets upgraded every 12 months are utterly pointless.

It holds it value so well, you're better off with a PAYG and a 30-day rolling contract.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6427111

Good news, although 18 month contracts on a phone that gets upgraded … Good news, although 18 month contracts on a phone that gets upgraded every 12 months are utterly pointless.It holds it value so well, you're better off with a PAYG and a 30-day rolling contract.

Thats what im doing atm payg and a 30 day contract. Although some people cant afford a straight up £400 or so.

FilthAndFurry;6427111

Good news, although 18 month contracts on a phone that gets upgraded … Good news, although 18 month contracts on a phone that gets upgraded every 12 months are utterly pointless.It holds it value so well, you're better off with a PAYG and a 30-day rolling contract.

MarzBarz;6427120

Thats what im doing atm payg and a 30 day contract. Although some people … Thats what im doing atm payg and a 30 day contract. Although some people cant afford a straight up £400 or so.

Def the best way, with the simplicity deal kicking about at the moment

Inquisitor;6427076

not like the petrol stations obviously.............. :thinking:

Not quite the same thing, they're dictated by the price of oil (and our outrageously high fuel duty) - and OPEC pretty much set that by increasing and decreasing production. A sneaky way to fix prices without actually fixing prices, that and there's no-one willing to take them on as they could effectively hold the west to ransom by slowing production if they wanted to.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6427138

Good news, I want an Iphone after using hubbys for a while due a change … Good news, I want an Iphone after using hubbys for a while due a change in Feb, when is the "next" Iphone due out anyway, may wait see what happens.

Probably in august.

Banned

MarzBarz;6427120

Thats what im doing atm payg and a 30 day contract. Although some people … Thats what im doing atm payg and a 30 day contract. Although some people cant afford a straight up £400 or so.

It's an investment really. Keep the phone in good nick and you make back a lot of money in 12 months on ebay and you pick up the new phone. Over the long term with £15 a month contract savings and the ability to move to a cheaper deal, I'm sure it works out.

Plus I like to use different phones. It's easier and much cheaper than running multiple contracts.

Also, the HTC Hero is better than the iPhone in my opinion.:whistling:

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6427160

It's an investment really. Keep the phone in good nick and you make back … It's an investment really. Keep the phone in good nick and you make back a lot of money in 12 months on ebay and you pick up the new phone. Over the long term with £15 a month contract savings and the ability to move to a cheaper deal, I'm sure it works out.Plus I like to use different phones. It's easier and much cheaper than running multiple contracts.Also, the HTC Hero is better than the iPhone in my opinion.:whistling:

Whats the browser like? and touch screen.

Banned

MarzBarz;6427174

Whats the browser like? and touch screen.

The browser is really good. Only a fraction less 'smooth' than the iPhone but really not that much difference.

The touch screen is beautiful after the update. The customisation blows the iPhone away and multi-tasking means you can have tunewiki or spotify playing in the background whilst you web-surf or email.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6427205

The browser is really good. Only a fraction less 'smooth' than the iPhone … The browser is really good. Only a fraction less 'smooth' than the iPhone but really not that much difference.The touch screen is beautiful after the update. The customisation blows the iPhone away and multi-tasking means you can have tunewiki or spotify playing in the background whilst you web-surf or email.

Hmm may check it out.

fan****intastic I jus bought an iphone contract about 2 months ago £45 a month aswell :x

FilthAndFurry;6427205

The browser is really good. Only a fraction less 'smooth' than the iPhone … The browser is really good. Only a fraction less 'smooth' than the iPhone but really not that much difference.The touch screen is beautiful after the update. The customisation blows the iPhone away and multi-tasking means you can have tunewiki or spotify playing in the background whilst you web-surf or email.

am also fan of htc, plus free apps for all..!

Inquisitor;6427286

am also fan of htc, plus free apps for all..!

I used to be a fan of HTC, but that was before I used a touch hd. Not impressed at all. Slow, touch screen unresponsive, signal issues and poor mic/speaker (and that was with the latest updates).

I could have played with a few cooked roms from XDA but I just sent it back, it wasn't any where near as good as the interface on my wifes iPod touch . . .

I too had he Touch HD (HTC) and it had to be the worst phone I have ever owned. I love my iphone but will look at reviews on the Hero.

davelfc;6428533

I too had he Touch HD (HTC) and it had to be the worst phone I have ever … I too had he Touch HD (HTC) and it had to be the worst phone I have ever owned. I love my iphone but will look at reviews on the Hero.

Obviously you've never owned an Xperia! Worst phone I've ever used by a considerable margin. Although, to be fair, that's more to do with Windows mobile being crap than the phone itself.

I'm thinking roll on the iPhone on Voda, between that an the new/upcoming Android handsets Windows mobile need never darken my phone again.

Banned

vodafone arent doin it til early 2010....after xmas..... where as orange are likely to be selling it from oct/nov

shop.vodafone.co.uk/sho…363
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543734
      2. Apples new update47
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1629
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2325

See more discussions