VoIP and three mobile ?

Posted 3rd Oct
Hi does VoIP work on three mobile. I'm using sipgate and zoip, the phone registers on three but won't call. Yet it registers and calls on EE ?????
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Apparently so.... Three . I knew they had it built into their Three 'in touch' app, but that only works over WiFi. Maybe you missed a setting or permission?
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 3rd Oct
What are you meaning by VoIP? Three support VoLTE and Wifi calling. Depending on your handset you will get different availability.
The Three website used to say all iPhones would work (didn't matter where they were bought), and some android devices if bought from 3 supported VoLTE, but as they sell phones sim-free I'm not sure how they differentiated.
Are you using a dedicated app or the built-in android sip settings for internet calling?

I used localphone sip settings (built in android sip) on an android HTC phone with EE sim and the call does not connect.

With the same settings, I can make sip calls from the built in dialler.

But, I do have to save the number in address book as a 'sip number' or 'internet call number' in the sip uri format.
Missed to add..

With the same settings, I can make sip calls from the built in dialler using a Redmi phone on O2.

It all works seamlessly now on the Redmi phone, so moral of the story is if you want to use sip calls from android built in dialer then get a redmi phone and use o2.
Also, I have noticed that Honor/Huawei have completely disabled android built-in sip settings, but strangely they have an option to add a 'sip number' of a contact in the address book.
My Sipgate accounts work fine on Android with Zoiper, either directly off the SIM or tethered wirelessly or via USB.
AndyRoyd03/10/2019 10:14

My Sipgate accounts work fine on Android with Zoiper, either directly off …My Sipgate accounts work fine on Android with Zoiper, either directly off the SIM or tethered wirelessly or via USB.

To modify initial response: at time of this post unable to reach 10000 test number from Android Zoiper app with source 3 nor EE sim, nor tethered to either, but works fine with either sim is tethered to w10 PC Zoiper client. Go figure.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants