Groups

Volcano Betting, paddypower.com

I received an email from paddypower.com about a betting market regarding the volcanic ash cloud,

For me it's a way of covering my holiday cost should manchester airport be closed for at least 1 hour (due to the volcanic ash cloud) on august 14th...odds are 20/1.

Just thought i'd share it with you all, seems a good insurance policy to me.

14 Comments

interesting-most glasgow dates throughout the summer are 16/1 so 100/150 quid would cover the damage nicely if a family package holiday went down the drain.

Original Poster

barky;8655732

interesting-most glasgow dates throughout the summer are 16/1 so 100/150 … interesting-most glasgow dates throughout the summer are 16/1 so 100/150 quid would cover the damage nicely if a family package holiday went down the drain.

Exactly, ive just informed my olds.theyre going to majorca on the 9th june, the weeks holiday was £800...the odds are 14/1 on the 9th and 16/1 on the return date of the 16th.......£50 on each is a good saver :thumbsup:

Banned

Do you need a flight to get to Butlins? :?

Original Poster

guv;8655921

Do you need a flight to get to Butlins? :?

Best to re-check your travel intinerary :thumbsup:

HTH

Banned

transit;8655998

Best to re-check your travel intinerary :thumbsup:

I'm not the one needing to make any bets to cover costs "just in case". And my travel itinerary did have an unscheduled stop in Singapore for a week...... thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

brb checking in case there are any further weak comebacks about Butlins in Bali!

transit;8655763

Exactly, ive just informed my olds.theyre going to majorca on the 9th … Exactly, ive just informed my olds.theyre going to majorca on the 9th june, the weeks holiday was £800...the odds are 14/1 on the 9th and 16/1 on the return date of the 16th.......£50 on each is a good saver :thumbsup:

or £100 quid down the drain

Original Poster

numptyj;8656182

Maybe, but for the price of a night out?

numptyj;8656182

Its a saving if its cheaper than an equivalent level of travel insurance surely ..

Original Poster

guv;8656109

I'm not the one needing to make any bets to cover costs "just in case". … I'm not the one needing to make any bets to cover costs "just in case". And my travel itinerary did have an unscheduled stop in Singapore for a week...... thanks for asking. :thumbsup:brb checking in case there are any further weak comebacks about Butlins in Bali!

Thanks for reminding the forum (again) about your unscheduled stop in Singapore.........http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/images/zzz.gif

Banned

TUSSFC;8657408

Its a saving if its cheaper than an equivalent level of travel insurance … Its a saving if its cheaper than an equivalent level of travel insurance surely ..

did they pay out the last time the planes were grounded? I know there was talk they wouldn't.

Banned

transit;8657437

Thanks for reminding the forum (again) about your unscheduled stop in … Thanks for reminding the forum (again) about your unscheduled stop in Singapore........

Oh, did I mention it already?

Anyway, you're welcome.:thumbsup:

colinsunderland;8657599

did they pay out the last time the planes were grounded? I know there was … did they pay out the last time the planes were grounded? I know there was talk they wouldn't.

Not sure but I think you can now get cover which specifically covers it and will pay out ... although for a premium which I reckon would be more than £100-150. This has to be worth doing if your holiday is costing over 1500 ..

Original Poster

TUSSFC;8660158

Not sure but I think you can now get cover which specifically covers it … Not sure but I think you can now get cover which specifically covers it and will pay out ... although for a premium which I reckon would be more than £100-150. This has to be worth doing if your holiday is costing over 1500 ..

At last someone with an ounce of common sense :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Community Appreciation Giveaway​ (razerzone​)​11
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      4. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88

See more discussions