Volkswagen

Found 1st Nov 2017
I’m torn between a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 and a 1.6 tdi. Can anyone help please

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

I would go for the petrol version as the powers to be are about to start hitting diesel users.

What's your annual mileage and what type of roads do you drive.

We have a 1.4 Polo and 1.6 TDi Golf in the family - both good cars.

Original Poster

Van197321 m ago

What's your annual mileage and what type of roads do you drive. We have …What's your annual mileage and what type of roads do you drive. We have a 1.4 Polo and 1.6 TDi Golf in the family - both good cars.

I’ve not long passed my test so it’s my first car but I’d say around 8k miles and just normal street roads a guess to and from work

dom61093 m ago

I’ve not long passed my test so it’s my first car but I’d say around 8k mil …I’ve not long passed my test so it’s my first car but I’d say around 8k miles and just normal street roads a guess to and from work

This is the right car for you based on that answer: Volkswagen Polo 1.4

Agree with Ipswich - the 1.4 petrol will suit you best, You need a higher mileage, motorway driving to justify the diesel as well as keep the DPF in order.
My daughter has the 1.4 Polo - the Match specification. Nice little car. Reliable, yet easy to maintain when necessary.

Have you checked the difference in insurance premium between the 1.4 and 1.6?
Could make a fair difference as you are a new driver.

Top comments above.

Original Poster

ipswich7820 m ago

This is the right car for you based on that answer: Volkswagen Polo 1.4

Van197315 m ago

Agree with Ipswich - the 1.4 petrol will suit you best, You need a …Agree with Ipswich - the 1.4 petrol will suit you best, You need a higher mileage, motorway driving to justify the diesel as well as keep the DPF in order..My daughter has the 1.4 Polo - the Match specification. Nice little car. Reliable, yet easy to maintain when necessary.

Thank you both for you helpful answers, I think I’ll be going with the 1.4

Original Poster

airbus3305 m ago

Have you checked the difference in insurance premium between the 1.4 and …Have you checked the difference in insurance premium between the 1.4 and 1.6?Could make a fair difference as you are a new driver.

The insurance is around £300 difference with the 1.6 being the higher out of the both

Well, unless you are doing 20k a year on the motorway, the 1.4 should do you well.

Easy, 1.4 because A.mileage B.Insurance C.No dpf

You would probably get similar economy around town driving, Petrol much quicker to warm up, cheaper to service and maintain.

dom610929 m ago

Thank you both for you helpful answers, I think I’ll be going with the 1.4

Have a look at the Match spec - nice level of trim and includes reversing sensors.

Also check the history of the cambelt - I believe it is inspection only after 5 years on the 1.4 model - worth asking the dealer. If it requires a change it'll cost around £400.

I'd go for the 1.4 or even the 1.2 tsi as it'll be cheaper insurance but still feel nippy

It really depends on your driving, if you drive short distances a lot do not buy a diesel. On the other hand if you rack the miles up and regularly go over 50mph for several minutes each journey go for the diesel. Simples
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants