Volkswagen Scirroco - 16 Plate Alarm going off every morning.

Found 4th Jun
We have recently moved to a new estate and all was relatively well with neighbours until last month a couple have moved in across the way with a VW Scirroco.

Every weekday morning without fail at 5:45am he unlocks the car with his key fob which triggers the alarm and it is getting an annoyance to an increasing number of neighbours.

They have not formally introduced themselves to any of the neighbours, and really complaining to them in a first instance we all would rather avoid without any prior knowledge of Scirrocos....

So does anyone know if Scirroco have factory fitted alarms that are prone to problems or would this likely be an aftermarket alarm problem? If Scirroco have factory fitted alarms this really then begs the question considering its a 16 plate and under warranty why he may not have contacted the dealer to get it fixed.

Any advise from any VW owners in the know appreciated, thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Top comments
Post a small alarm clock through his door to go off at 4am with a note attached.
How do you like it!
Edited by: "wayners" 4th Jun
17 Comments
Guy has to be a complete cretin to not know what is happening and how annoying it is to neighbours. There is some info about alarm problems on VWs on honestjohn.co.uk . You could mention it and ask him how the garage is getting on with fixing the problem.
Post a small alarm clock through his door to go off at 4am with a note attached.
How do you like it!
I have tried VW Online chat today, but constantly 'busy' so thought I would ask here...the guy may well be a complete cretin, just trying to glean a bit of knowledge to be forearmed....don't really like to have to set off with neighbours on the wrong foot, but there again clearly he doesn't seem to have any ounce of courtesy.
I heard a story about a man and a lawn mower. This guy used a petrol mower to cut the grass at 5-5.30am so all the neighbours got together and approached him and said stop or they will dispose of lawn mower and he won't be able to stop them nor will he know which one dumped it. Sorted the problem. He stopped. You need to get all the neighbours together and take some kind of action but start by asking nicely. If nothing changes then up the payback.
wayners18 m ago

I heard a story about a man and a lawn mower. This guy used a petrol mower …I heard a story about a man and a lawn mower. This guy used a petrol mower to cut the grass at 5-5.30am so all the neighbours got together and approached him and said stop or they will dispose of lawn mower and he won't be able to stop them nor will he know which one dumped it. Sorted the problem. He stopped. You need to get all the neighbours together and take some kind of action but start by asking nicely. If nothing changes then up the payback.

Yeah...might start off by asking him seeing that he must be so busy at work if any of us can kindly do his administration for him by phoning the local VW dealership and scheduling a date/time for him to go in to get it looked at....then escalate from the sarcasm as necessary
Yeah. Ask. Or write nice note. You can start off with hello. Then ps, your dam alarm! We got a chap on motorbike 5 doors down that's starts it at 5am. Wakes us at mo with window open as he revs under carport. Others closer are not happy but what can you do. It's a proper grunting 1000cc job
Just go and speak with him...
My car does this it’s built into the system which you can activate using VCDs.
ccnp5 h, 32 m ago

Guy has to be a complete cretin to not know what is happening and how …Guy has to be a complete cretin to not know what is happening and how annoying it is to neighbours. There is some info about alarm problems on VWs on www.honestjohn.co.uk . You could mention it and ask him how the garage is getting on with fixing the problem.

It is not broken. It’s just a beep noise which nearly all VW group cars can activate.
_Whatever_4th Jun

It is not broken. It’s just a beep noise which nearly all VW group cars c …It is not broken. It’s just a beep noise which nearly all VW group cars can activate.

Believe me an alarm is more than a beep, this is not a beep this is an alarm going off until her starts his engine.
cicobuff56 m ago

Believe me an alarm is more than a beep, this is not a beep this is an …Believe me an alarm is more than a beep, this is not a beep this is an alarm going off until her starts his engine.

Does it go off constantly then? As my Audi has a single alarm beep which is not too loud. If it’s constant then yeah you are right this sounds stupid
Can happen when the battery completely dies and you don't use the second key to reset the first one:

Switch on the ignition, and leave the key (one you wish to reset) in the ignition lock.

Unlock the driver's door manually by inserting the master key with remote control in the driver's door lock (that's the second fob).

Press the unlock key in the remote control once.

Remove the key in the ignition lock.

Close the door and check if the remote is reset.

note: When resetting the remote control key, the vehicle's electronic system check at startup will reestablish the remote key signal.

_Whatever_4th Jun

Does it go off constantly then? As my Audi has a single alarm beep which …Does it go off constantly then? As my Audi has a single alarm beep which is not too loud. If it’s constant then yeah you are right this sounds stupid

Yes, every morning including today at 5:45 am as he leaves for work....not a single alarm beep, alarm is triggered on door unlock for a few seconds whilst he starts the ignition.

Can see a complaint to the local environmental health department coming.
Is it two beeps or a full on non stop alarm?
cicobuff2 m ago

Yes, every morning including today at 5:45 am as he leaves for work....not …Yes, every morning including today at 5:45 am as he leaves for work....not a single alarm beep, alarm is triggered on door unlock for a few seconds whilst he starts the ignition.Can see a complaint to the local environmental health department coming.

_Whatever_5th Jun

Is it two beeps or a full on non stop alarm?

A full on alarm, I know the difference between an alarm and unlocking beep of cars lol. It's affecting the neighbourhood...even a neighbour about 200 yards away around the corner hears it every sodding morning!
Edited by: "cicobuff" 5th Jun
cicobuff4 m ago

A full on alarm, I know the difference between an alarm and unlocking beep …A full on alarm, I know the difference between an alarm and unlocking beep of cars lol. It's affecting the neighbourhood...even a neighbour about 200 yards away around the corner hears it every sodding morning!

Sorry just checking yeah that’s ridiculous. Definitely take this further. Crazy that he hasn’t sorted this out
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants