Expired

Voltage converter Where to get one?

12 replies
Found 26th Jan 2009
I am going away to New York next week, and i need a UK > USA voltage converter. Does anyone know where to get one?

I don't want to go the eBay route.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

you may not need one, you can just get a adapter if you are wanting to charge a phone or camera.

Admin

Not the same though for hair straighteners etc catinthehat, (if that's what it's needed for) - they don't heat up properly

Original Poster

juliet_bravo;4189282

Not the same though for hair straighteners etc catinthehat, (if that's … Not the same though for hair straighteners etc catinthehat, (if that's what it's needed for) - they don't heat up properly

Yes thats what i need it for, i have the the plug adapter for charging my phone, camera ect.

Original Poster

octobergirl;4189121

Maplinhttp://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=voltage%20convertr&source=15amanzon are cheaper though for the step down ones UK to USAhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Step-down-voltage-converter-240V/dp/B000L99ZJ2

Thanks, i will try Amazon, although i am after a 'step up' coverter.

Original Poster

Just to say, i have looked at the ones on Amazon, and it has really bad reviews.

juliet_bravo;4189282

Not the same though for hair straighteners etc catinthehat, (if that's … Not the same though for hair straighteners etc catinthehat, (if that's what it's needed for) - they don't heat up properly

ah right, got ya.

Jenny1979x;4189360

Just to say, i have looked at the ones on Amazon, and it has really bad … Just to say, i have looked at the ones on Amazon, and it has really bad reviews.

Need to also make sure you get one that can handle the wattage you need. :thumbsup:

Admin

Anyone have any feedback on these by the way? I could do with one aswell

One I use in the states I got from Boots

If you have a ]TLC Direct near you they are usually pretty good and the staff really helpful, got loads of my kichen electrics from them
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …47
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21120
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769543
    4. Add one, leave one game54415458

See more discussions