Groups

Volume not working or showing on netbook

Netbook running on Windows XP, no new files or anything recently downloaded, but the volume icon seems to have disappeared from the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
    Have tried openign control panel and clicking to get it to show in task/toolbar to no avail.
    Any ideas folks???
    Thanks in advance x

6 Comments

try giving a few more bits of info about the laptop etc. ie monitor size (inches), speed, brand, model, which windows xp version (sp1, sp2 or sp3), what resolution your running on the monitor? The more information you provide the easier it will be to help you...:D

Original Poster

Thanks, It's a Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook, 10.1" monitor (1024 x 600) , runs on Windows XP home Edition sp3, Intel Atom N450 Single Core, 1.66GHz, 512K L2 Cache.

reboot first if that doesn't work
    Go to Control Panel, click on Sounds and Audio icon. Tick the box which says Place Volume icon on Taskbar.

Original Poster

hutchir9

reboot first if that doesn't workGo to Control Panel, click on Sounds and … reboot first if that doesn't workGo to Control Panel, click on Sounds and Audio icon. Tick the box which says Place Volume icon on Taskbar.

I did that, neither worked.

Mecoconuts

This registry key fix will sort it … This registry key fix will sort it :http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/netvol.reg

Thanks, I'm not very techie though, where do I put the key please? x

hutchir9

reboot first if that doesn't workGo to Control Panel, click on Sounds … reboot first if that doesn't workGo to Control Panel, click on Sounds and Audio icon. Tick the box which says Place Volume icon on Taskbar.

Mecoconuts

This registry key fix will sort it … This registry key fix will sort it :http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/netvol.reg

Just save the file anywhere then double click on it.........it'll ask you it you want to make the registry change ....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions