Found 25th Dec 2016
I know this as been mentioned before but I really think it would be a good idea to make people explain why they are voting cold. having seen a lot of cold deals lately it made me wonder why people are voting cold. I think if people are submitting what they think is a good deal and it goes cold it would be good to know if it's cheaper somewhere else

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
31 Comments

can i vote this thread cold.

if it goes cold who cares .its just a colour on an app or website if i post a deal it goes cold i dont give a dam .just because its cold dont mean its a bad deal all the time.

do you know how many trolls live here

If youre binding yourself to this forum to get as many facebook likes for your picture of your makeup then your in for a surprise.
Forget the number its all about contribution. Trolls are on the doorstep everyday with their sad little games. Best thing is to just get on with life rather than worry if you get a red or a blue. The only time that should matter is if your deciding to go into the matrix or not.

Some bad deals go hot, some good deals go cold, that's life.

Force people to comment if they vote cold and many won't bother, so perhaps all deals will go hot, or should they also comment to explain why a deal is hot? I'd argue it would be harder to find the best deals if that was the case as the majority won't vote any longer..

Banned

It will never happen.

If that happened the 'membership' and activity on this site would die. People have any number of reasons to vote cold - many of them aren't worth thinking about. Just let sleeping dogs lie.

think it's just best to judge the deal yourself. If you feel it's right then buy it. It can be rather annoying though but can't see it changing.

Worst thing to do is moan about cold votes. In fact I just vote cold on deals where this occurs no matter how good the deal is

Banned

benjammin316

Worst thing to do is moan about cold votes. In fact I just vote cold on … Worst thing to do is moan about cold votes. In fact I just vote cold on deals where this occurs no matter how good the deal is

Rascal.

It is Christmas just enjoy the snow

Some of the best deals I've had where cold and some of the worst deals ive seen have been hot.. don't worry about it..

I vote cold on stuff I dislike and annoying headings.

Supermod

I won't move this to feedback because this is something I think is good for community discussion and fine in Misc (for now!).

If we believe someone is being malicious with their voting or voting unfairly (not commenting and having what we perceive to be an unfair voting ratio) then we'll get in touch with them. Making members comment before voting would more than likely lead to retaliatory voting or bad feeling amongst members. On the whole (of course there will be exceptions) I think the system works well.

who cares if its hot or cold.. as long as people can see it.. thats the main thing.

I dont know if others do this but I use the voting system to show where im upto on the deals.. I dont care if its hot or cold.. 99% of the time it gets a hot vote.
Edited by: "Henlans" 25th Dec 2016

Twas ever thus

who cares? do u get money, medals or a big sticker from your mammy if you post an epic hot deal?

scaryvonne

it would be good to know if it's cheaper somewhere else

That isn't always the case, for example lets say No Mans Sky is £19.95 on a website and you post it, and it goes cold, doesn't mean it isn't the cheapest, it isn't a case of something being cheaper elsewhere, it's if people think it's a good deal

Banned

magicjay1986

I won't move this to feedback because this is something I think is good … I won't move this to feedback because this is something I think is good for community discussion and fine in Misc (for now!). If we believe someone is being malicious with their voting or voting unfairly (not commenting and having what we perceive to be an unfair voting ratio) then we'll get in touch with them. Making members comment before voting would more than likely lead to retaliatory voting or bad feeling amongst members. On the whole (of course there will be exceptions) I think the system works well.

A bit off topic.

Are you assigned to deal with feedback or just choose to off your own back? I somtimes feel that you aren't the correct person who should be dealing with queries, not because you aren't capable but because I don't think you have the correct knowledgebase as such. I know there are questions you can answer but I also know the majority of questions you can't.

I feel by you taking that role whether that being voluntarily or not, you assume a position of being open to a lot of stick you perhaps shouldn't get.

I don't know how you work it, but I certainly know there are development members of the site with accounts and I feel there should be a dedicated account to deal with all feedback realted issues (that mods can only flag).

It just seems you are sometimes in the firing line for things out of your control.

Just my thoughts.

Supermod

MrScotchBonnet

A bit off topic.Are you assigned to deal with feedback or just choose to … A bit off topic.Are you assigned to deal with feedback or just choose to off your own back? I somtimes feel that you aren't the correct person who should be dealing with queries, not because you aren't capable but because I don't think you have the correct knowledgebase as such. I know there are questions you can answer but I also know the majority of questions you can't. I feel by you taking that role whether that being voluntarily or not, you assume a position of being open to a lot of stick you perhaps shouldn't get.I don't know how you work it, but I certainly know there are development members of the site with accounts and I feel there should be a dedicated account to deal with all feedback realted issues (that mods can only flag).It just seems you are sometimes in the firing line for things out of your control. Just my thoughts.

All issues raised via the feedback section (and others sections) will be filtered through to the correct team by me. So bugs (once replicated usually) will be raised for review and a fix (or feedback as to why something is happening if by design). I'm not personally responsible for fixing bugs or implementing site changes so raised issues cannot be resolved by me. The same goes for all the forum team.

I appreciate some stuff will still be outstanding or taking a while but it has not been forgotten. I can assure you though, all issues/bugs/requests will be considered and then referred to the development/management team.

Banned

magicjay1986

All issues raised via the feedback section (and others sections) will be … All issues raised via the feedback section (and others sections) will be filtered through to the correct team by me. So bugs (once replicated usually) will be raised for review and a fix (or feedback as to why something is happening if by design). I'm not personally responsible for fixing bugs or implementing site changes so raised issues cannot be resolved by me. The same goes for all the forum team. I appreciate some stuff will still be outstanding or taking a while but it has not been forgotten. I can assure you though, all issues/bugs/requests will be considered and then referred to the development/management team.

I know that. I just think if the development team have an account and when they do very very rarely do update threads, I would just like them to be a little more active. It takes a bit of pressure off the guys on the frontline so to speak and lets members see issues are being taken seiously.

Supermod

MrScotchBonnet

I know that. I just think if the development team have an account and … I know that. I just think if the development team have an account and when they do very very rarely do update threads, I would just like them to be a little more active. It takes a bit of pressure off the guys on the frontline so to speak and lets members see issues are being taken seiously.

They aren't on HUKD as much as you think they are and certainly not ignoring issues. There is a process in place and its along the lines of what i've mentioned above.

The forum team though will always be about making sure content being posted is fine and ensuring all the members are complying with the Code of Conduct.

It is a job so not looking for credit but we've a great team and they do work hard to make sure things run as smoothly as possible across ALL parts of HUKD (and other tasks). However, always happy to receive feedback about how and where we can improve.

....the more I type the more i'm tempted to move this to Feedback X)

If I were HUKD, I would seriously consider exploiting this sense of entitlement and clamour for heat in the deals section and positive votes in the ask section. Introduce a feature whereby an OP can topup their deal by say 100 degrees for £1 and buy an upvote for their answer in Ask for 10p.

Supermod

tempt

If I were HUKD, I would seriously consider exploiting this sense of … If I were HUKD, I would seriously consider exploiting this sense of entitlement and clamour for heat in the deals section and positive votes in the ask section. Introduce a feature whereby an OP can topup their deal by say 100 degrees for £1 and buy an upvote for their answer in Ask for 10p.

£10 for 100° and we'll talk.

magicjay1986

£10 for 100° and we'll talk.

http://i.giphy.com/edXbRv1oCC14k.gif

For the same reason you wont post a thread like this again. HUKD has a group of members who are unpleasant and like to argue/troll and be generally abusive to people. It's why I don't post deals anymore, I just lurk and post occasionally.

tempt

If I were HUKD, I would seriously consider exploiting this sense of … If I were HUKD, I would seriously consider exploiting this sense of entitlement and clamour for heat in the deals section and positive votes in the ask section. Introduce a feature whereby an OP can topup their deal by say 100 degrees for £1 and buy an upvote for their answer in Ask for 10p.

Next youre want a share of the revenue that each post makes too, when the person buys the item from the site lol

Daft idea

if ive always said if you post a deal and it helps even 1 person then thats what its about!

who cares about hot or cold really?

its the contribution that makes this site what it is

tempt

dear god nom that its an absolute awful awful idea,

https://media.giphy.com/media/CwQuw9MLL4JfW/giphy.gif

If u get hot deals u should get a mod for the night

miles136

If u get hot deals u should get a mod for the night

Get or get to be a mod for the night? I know what way you'll answer.

The price of the product/service that is the subject of the "Deal" may, or may not, have influence on the voting.

The best "Deal" is a subjective view of anything to do with the product thread (such as the merchant's past history, the non-guaranteed cashback, the colour/dimensions of the item, any comparative products, the day of the week, whether the member voting had run out of butter for their morning toast, or anything else connected/unconnected with the "Deal"), apparently.

A previous thread of note...

Can we please have the rules/guidelines on Voting made more clear??

Specifically, comment #56...
scaryvonne

I know this as been mentioned before... it goes cold it would be good to … I know this as been mentioned before... it goes cold it would be good to know if it's cheaper somewhere else

If you are cold voting a deal, it is good forum etiquette to post a note … If you are cold voting a deal, it is good forum etiquette to post a note in the deal as to why you have done so. There is nothing more confusing to a new member, than to post a deal, only to see it go cold with no explanation. If you found the item cheaper elsewhere, please let us know where and how. If you have no interest or knowledge about the deal at all, please don’t vote cold, just move on.HUKD has systems in place to detect serial cold voters, and it may lead to a ban from the forums, as it is against the code of conduct.

Also, "Cold Voting", & the ironically-titled "EXPIRED - Can you get banned for voting cold too often?" (created by a member that is now banned).

There used to be a whole lifetime's worth of discussion(s) on the subject, but the following "tags" were removed recently:

[ hotukdeals.com/tag…ing ]
[ hotukdeals.com/tag…old ]
[ hotukdeals.com/tag…ead ]

You could use the =8&categories[]=All&advanced_search=Advanced+Search]Advanced Search Results for "cold", if you wish, though.

The mods are aware of our voting patterns, and I think mine should show I very rarely vote negatively - if I don't rate it as a deal I usually just don't vote on it.

In saying that there are some things I think are not good for anyone, and I feel I ought to vote it down - even if it has been reduced in price, i.e. not that I've ever seen it but things like cheap cigarettes.
But, even with those things I tend to let them go unvoted on.

Sometimes, I might see something I believe is not a deal, but rather than vote I might post a comment of concern - but sometimes I know it's just going to upset peeps (i.e. try discussing nutella oO ) so again I just let it go.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4378
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247617
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322855
    4. word association Game74244904

See more discussions