Voting what’s going on?

Found 27th Jan
So confused by voting at the moment on this site.

This deal is cold yet your effectively getting a charging station for free worth £30 and paying the going rate for the controllers. Perhaps save a fiver if bought from Very but everywhere else is £69.99.

hotukdeals.com/dea…392

This deal has heat which offers no saving at all, no discount for what are already arguably over priced bears
hotukdeals.com/dea…845

What’s going on people

Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
Sooooo many reasons why people vote the way they do , been discussed many times . I didn't vote on either of these deals, because neither are things I would buy so off the top of my head I wouldn't know if they were a good deal.

My guess would would be that the Bears went hot because they are a limited edition and people that buy them were grateful of the heads up. The controllers went cold because the title didn't say the charging station was free , and people with no idea of how much these cost didn't see a deal from the title alone. But as I say pure guesswork.Also don't forget people's votes are worth different amounts depending on their contribution, so it's not necessarily that many votes getting the deals to these figures
One man's hot and sweaty is another man's cold and miserable.
Let's be honest, there have been lots of deals which in hindsight probably should have been voted the other way.

For example, a catchy, funny title with a well thought out description may receive up votes when it's not necessary a great deal. Other times good deals don't receive much attention, either because it's the way they're posted, or perhaps it's not a popular item.
Edited by: "joshp" 27th Jan
Some of the PCP deals that went hot, when the car was not there when you phoned up or was just not a deal at all make you wonder where peoples brains are!
joshp4 h, 22 m ago

Let's be honest, there have been lots of deals which in hindsight probably …Let's be honest, there have been lots of deals which in hindsight probably should have been voted the other way. For example, a catchy, funny title with a well thought out description may receive up votes when it's not necessary a great deal. Other times good deals don't receive much attention, either because it's the way they're posted, or perhaps it's not a popular item.

One just like that today, most expensive chocolate orange unbelievable heat any other time it would be freezing.

op it’s often who you know on here now, so many hot posts just because people’s hotdealers mate post it and don’t get me started on mods, cough “advertised” deals getting hot in minutes when everything around it is slow burn and the deal isn’t even that great.
Edited by: "eslick" 27th Jan
I commented on that chocolate orange, but wasn’t going to vote it hot. I’m surprised how many people have. It should have been here in misc.

I find I have to trawl through all the new deals as sometimes decent stuff gets voted cold and I would miss out.

It frustrating when you find a pretty decent deal and it’s not getting votes but other people’s non deals with zero savings are getting more heat.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 27th Jan
myusernamehasgone2345 h, 22 m ago

I commented on that chocolate orange, but wasn’t going to vote it hot. I’m …I commented on that chocolate orange, but wasn’t going to vote it hot. I’m surprised how many people have. It should have been here in misc.I find I have to trawl through all the new deals as sometimes decent stuff gets voted cold and I would miss out. It frustrating when you find a pretty decent deal and it’s not getting votes but other people’s non deals with zero savings are getting more heat.

If you're that bothered just post a few anti-foreigner comments here, they're guaranteed 6 likes, more if the pubs are shut.
2018 and peeps still care if their "deals" get hot votes!

BillySollox2 h, 40 m ago

2018 and peeps still care if their "deals" get hot votes!

No these weren’t even my deals. But was trying figure out why some non deals go hot and some decent deals go cold.
Cr0m3 h, 9 m ago

If you're that bothered just post a few anti-foreigner comments here, …If you're that bothered just post a few anti-foreigner comments here, they're guaranteed 6 likes, more if the pubs are shut.

I’ll pass on that.
I’ve never voted cold on a deal, don’t have the heart to. People have taken the time to post what they think is a deal even though it isn’t. I’m sure there will be some that only vote cold
One of the recent threads towards the end of last year:

[ hotukdeals.com/dis…326 ]

Plus, recent site redesigns have removed the pertinent Feedback threads, but some of the original text from juliet_bravo's reply (on how voting is supposed to be applied) is still available:

[ hotukdeals.com/com…550 ]
fanpages28th Jan

One of the recent threads towards the end of last year:[ …One of the recent threads towards the end of last year:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/why-do-people-vote-cold-on-good-deals-2860326 ]

I've long since given up voting as the 'heat' measure is a waste of space now.

The conspiracy theory is that the MODs are posting 'deals' which have higher click-through payments and then starting a 'hot' vote which the sheep then follow. They, presumably have higher weightings to their vote so the 'deal' gets a head start.

A good example of this is the recent spate of Travelzoo 'deals' which are really nothing special if you know Travelzoo.
LesD1 h, 23 m ago

I've long since given up voting as the 'heat' measure is a waste of space …I've long since given up voting as the 'heat' measure is a waste of space now.The conspiracy theory is that the MODs are posting 'deals' which have higher click-through payments and then starting a 'hot' vote which the sheep then follow. They, presumably have higher weightings to their vote so the 'deal' gets a head start.A good example of this is the recent spate of Travelzoo 'deals' which are really nothing special if you know Travelzoo.

You may wish to read through the following thread, if you have not done so already:

[ hotukdeals.com/fee…635 ]
fanpages2 h, 36 m ago

You may wish to read through the following thread, if you have not done so …You may wish to read through the following thread, if you have not done so already:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/feedback/the-role-of-moderators-in-posting-deals-and-voting-1481635 ]

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions