Voxi

Posted 25th Mar
Hi - Seen a few people talking about voxi unlimited date.

Just so I’m sure i am correct can anyone confirm that if I purchase the £10 sim deal for 6gb data it will actually be unlimited?
Community Updates
Ask
35 Comments
40188201-rSNrx.jpg
Still unlimited for me...103gb used this month but it’s still not moved!
Still unlimited. Used more than 100gb every month so far and it still stays at the 6gb mark
40188270-NP8Jy.jpg
Thank you all! I have followed the link (and also navigated the website) and the £10 deal is now for 6gb and the above screen shots show 8gb ?
Chipps25/03/2020 21:03

Thank you all! I have followed the link (and also navigated the website) …Thank you all! I have followed the link (and also navigated the website) and the £10 deal is now for 6gb and the above screen shots show 8gb ?

Every now and again they give you 2gb extra on the same £10 deal but it makes no difference as everyone I've recommended got unlimited data no matter on both the 6gb and promotional 8gb
PaulandPam25/03/2020 21:09

Every now and again they give you 2gb extra on the same £10 deal but it …Every now and again they give you 2gb extra on the same £10 deal but it makes no difference as everyone I've recommended got unlimited data no matter on both the 6gb and promotional 8gb

Thank you very much - will order one now
PaulandPam25/03/2020 21:11

Comment deleted

Used the link and it said you would also get the gift card and stated your name (PT) so winners all round
Chipps25/03/2020 21:14

Used the link and it said you would also get the gift card and stated your …Used the link and it said you would also get the gift card and stated your name (PT) so winners all round

Yep that's true I've recommended loads of friends and family members and they all got unlimited data, let's hope it continues!
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 25th Mar
PaulandPam25/03/2020 21:09

Every now and again they give you 2gb extra on the same £10 deal but it …Every now and again they give you 2gb extra on the same £10 deal but it makes no difference as everyone I've recommended got unlimited data no matter on both the 6gb and promotional 8gb

Is it unlimited data if you use YouTube or not, as that is considered social media but they don't advertise it, and also does it include video calls in WhatsApp or not. Virgin media doesn't include video calls.
Looking at using it has a 4g hotspot to stream from?
Chipps25/03/2020 21:47

Looking at using it has a 4g hotspot to stream from?

Yes you can tether your phone and also I use my Voxi sim in my 4G home router as the main internet source when my crappy '3' network unlimited sim looses all internet speeds.
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 26th Mar
MynameisM25/03/2020 21:41

Is it unlimited data if you use YouTube or not, as that is considered …Is it unlimited data if you use YouTube or not, as that is considered social media but they don't advertise it, and also does it include video calls in WhatsApp or not. Virgin media doesn't include video calls.

The unlimited data Voxi are giving on the £10 deal covers all internet use at the moment, as mentioned above mine has been that way since last July when every user got a text message saying for the time being they're putting everyone onto unlimited whilst they sort out a technical problem.
I get the feeling it's something to do with the free social media they advertise and their systems can't differentiate between the websites properly.
I did put a link on my previous comments so new users also get a free £10 Amazon voucher on joining but HUKD have deleted it because apparently people cant save money unless HUKD can make some aswell.
Personal message me for details if needed!
PaulandPam26/03/2020 09:05

Yes you can tether your phone and also I use my Voxi sim in my 4G home …Yes you can tether your phone and also I use my Voxi sim in my 4G home router as the main internet source when my crappy '3' network unlimited sim looses all internet speeds.

Really do appreciate your help! Which 4G router are you utilising?
An unlocked Huawei B525 bought from Amazon, I chose this router because it also has a normal landline RJ11 socket so I can use my house phone with the sims inclusive minutes plus the internet from the same device.
Basically I ditched Virgin media last summer and this is now my calls and internet source for a fraction of the price.
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 26th Mar
Nice bit of a kit - was looking at the huawei A1 as is slightly cheaper. Ordered sim last night and already have an unlocked Osprey Mini so will use that first to see what performance I get in my area and if I need a new device
The contractual data bandwidth available during the £10 period is stated as metered 6GB. The effective data bandwidth since summer 2019 has been unmetered 6GB. At time of this post, not (yet) received notification of unmetered reverting to metered.
Sim arrived and paired with a 4G router does the job I need it too nicely! Also my data has yet to go down thanks everyone for the advice - greatly appreciated
Chipps28/03/2020 15:25

Sim arrived and paired with a 4G router does the job I need it too nicely! …Sim arrived and paired with a 4G router does the job I need it too nicely! Also my data has yet to go down thanks everyone for the advice - greatly appreciated

I am planning to do same which router did u buy pls
PaulandPam26/03/2020 09:45

An unlocked Huawei B525 bought from Amazon, I chose this router because it …An unlocked Huawei B525 bought from Amazon, I chose this router because it also has a normal landline RJ11 socket so I can use my house phone with the sims inclusive minutes plus the internet from the same device.Basically I ditched Virgin media last summer and this is now my calls and internet source for a fraction of the price.

Planning same
I had a spare EE mini WiFi box (can be picked up for £20 from eBay) - contacted EE to get the box unlocked and ordered a SIM card from Voxi. Initially just wanted to see if it would meet my needs before I invested in a bet router but have to say that I probably won’t need to as it’s doing exactly what I need it to as it is. Hope it helps
Be careful if you port in your number. My data count started working when they ported. My other VOXI number data counter is still "broken" ;-)
For those using VOXI how do you know how much data you have/are using if the monthly allowance doesn’t ever decrease?
Chipps30/03/2020 19:22

For those using VOXI how do you know how much data you have/are using if …For those using VOXI how do you know how much data you have/are using if the monthly allowance doesn’t ever decrease?

From the on-device cellular data usage counter. Android historical example here
AndyRoyd30/03/2020 19:37

From the on-device cellular data usage counter. Android historical example …From the on-device cellular data usage counter. Android historical example here

Thank you 🙏
Dropped you a message @Jonesyboyuk
Should be in your inbox - if you need anything else in regards to this topic just let me know as I have recently just set this up for myself
Chipps31/03/2020 16:36

Should be in your inbox - if you need anything else in regards to this …Should be in your inbox - if you need anything else in regards to this topic just let me know as I have recently just set this up for myself

Did u buy a router for tethering
I already had an old EE WiFi mini 4G router which I got unlocked - popped in the voxi sim and is working like a dream. Was thinking of upgrading the 4g router however don’t think I need to as currently getting 20mb download/40mb upload which is plenty for what I need it to do
Chipps31/03/2020 17:39

I already had an old EE WiFi mini 4G router which I got unlocked - popped …I already had an old EE WiFi mini 4G router which I got unlocked - popped in the voxi sim and is working like a dream. Was thinking of upgrading the 4g router however don’t think I need to as currently getting 20mb download/40mb upload which is plenty for what I need it to do

Thanks any suggestions for a new router pls
Guess the router you need depends on what you want to do and the strength of coverage in your area? I have no issues playing online games & streaming tv with the speeds I mentioned earlier.
Chipps31/03/2020 17:43

Guess the router you need depends on what you want to do and the strength …Guess the router you need depends on what you want to do and the strength of coverage in your area? I have no issues playing online games & streaming tv with the speeds I mentioned earlier.

I need reasonable speed video streaming YouTube and AVG usage is 200gb a month can't find a good router for economical price
Any idea as when they would suddenly stop the unmetered data?
MrMinttyy01/04/2020 03:57

Any idea as when they would suddenly stop the unmetered data?

Back-to-normal will (should) be notified as mentioned in the original unlimited data notification sent summer 2019 and you can monitor any subsequent metered status within the Voxi account console, although I suspect metering would not recommence until the start of the next cyclic plan renewal after notification.
"Hi, we're making some technical updates to our plans so to make sure you're not impacted, we've temporarily switched you over to completely unlimited data. To make sure your unlimited data is activated, just restart your device. We'll text you to let you know when everything is back to normal. Thanks, VOXI."
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants