Voxi have started counting...

Posted 25th Jan
So Voxi have decided to start counting, sadly. So I need a broadband deal. Who would you recommend? I have been with Vodafone in the past and their speeds during the evening were rubbish, have they improved or are they still the same? Also Now Tv broadband are they any good? I can see I can get them on no contract if I pay a £60 fee. Or do I just play safe and go with BT? Also what are EE like? I had to cancel my Three contract because of dire speeds.
So many questions I know...
Community Updates
Ask
45 Comments
Noooo
Did you get a text or something? I've not received anything and my account online still isn't showing as counting.
Yeah I’ve noticed that it’s started to countdown via the website. I added my card details yesterday to renew for another month so not sure if that was something to do with it?

Update - don’t have a phone installed at the house and Open Reach wanted £60 for the installation. Weren’t for Virgin Media in the end £27 a month plus setup fee of £35 on a 12 month contract.

Got a Smarty Sim to tide me over until the installation....Three is signal is dire at the moment so gonna struggle. Installation date isn’t until Saturday 15th February, any ideas how to bring that forward? Must be a weekend so guessing high demand...
Check via Uswitch for what you can get at your address. I have to go with Virgin Media, I can get up to 500mbps with them but with every other single broadband provider can only offer me this
39757321-8i1cF.jpg
deleted2100705
Not counting down for me , you may have used a lot tethering, or may have gone over some fair usage policy they may have hidden away somewhere
Installation date isn’t until Saturday 15th February, any ideas how to bring that forward? Must be a weekend so guessing high demand...

hotukdeals.com/dea…242

Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 25th Jan
I had BT, good speeds at all times but expensive when the special deals ended. Now with EE, which is much cheaper (even though it's owned by BT!?!) - top speed is down a bit on BT but not enough to affect downloads, and there's a guaranteed minimum speed. I've had it for a few weeks now with no problems, other than the router restarting a few times during the first day while it updated itself and settled in.
cis_groupie25/01/2020 12:22

I had BT, good speeds at all times but expensive when the special deals …I had BT, good speeds at all times but expensive when the special deals ended. Now with EE, which is much cheaper (even though it's owned by BT!?!) - top speed is down a bit on BT but not enough to affect downloads, and there's a guaranteed minimum speed. I've had it for a few weeks now with no problems, other than the router restarting a few times during the first day while it updated itself and settled in.

I’ve checked EE for my property, I’m currently on a contract phone with them and signal is great. However for the broadband it says the fastest I can get is 2mbps with a guaranteed minimum speed of 0mbps? And they want £19pm. You need a minimum of 2mbps to use many apps such as Netflix, now tv etc
cis_groupie25/01/2020 12:22

I had BT, good speeds at all times but expensive when the special deals …I had BT, good speeds at all times but expensive when the special deals ended. Now with EE, which is much cheaper (even though it's owned by BT!?!) - top speed is down a bit on BT but not enough to affect downloads, and there's a guaranteed minimum speed. I've had it for a few weeks now with no problems, other than the router restarting a few times during the first day while it updated itself and settled in.

39758958-LKeVj.jpg
cis_groupie25/01/2020 12:36

It’s mad because that is the max speed with every provider except Virgin Media which I can get up to 500mbps
deleted210070525/01/2020 09:11

Not counting down for me , you may have used a lot tethering, or may have …Not counting down for me , you may have used a lot tethering, or may have gone over some fair usage policy they may have hidden away somewhere

Well I was using it as my main broadband supplier...
My Voxi account hasn't graduated counting college yet. Wonder if @PaulandPam and @jamie15 would like to state their accounts' hats-in-the-air status?
AndyRoyd25/01/2020 14:18

My Voxi account hasn't graduated counting college yet. Wonder if …My Voxi account hasn't graduated counting college yet. Wonder if @PaulandPam and @jamie15 would like to state their accounts' hats-in-the-air status?

39759806-cgOmd.jpg
jamie1525/01/2020 14:21

[Image]

So two weeks of apprehension left

or possibly two weeks until partytime
AndyRoyd25/01/2020 14:30

So two weeks of apprehension left or possibly two weeks until …So two weeks of apprehension left or possibly two weeks until partytime

Yep mine is still unlimited and has been that way since around August.
It came in handy recently for my home broadband 4G router after I moved house and my '3' network internet speed took a nose dive.

39760453-ObtFu.jpg
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 25th Jan
PaulandPam25/01/2020 16:00

Yep mine is still unlimited and has been that way since around August.It …Yep mine is still unlimited and has been that way since around August.It came in handy recently for my home broadband 4G router after I moved house and my '3' network internet speed took a nose dive.[Image]

6 days

OK @Craig2018 & @jamie15 & @PaulandPam : let's all reconvene in a week !
deleted1794535
Arto25/01/2020 12:36

It’s mad because that is the max speed with every provider except Virgin M …It’s mad because that is the max speed with every provider except Virgin Media which I can get up to 500mbps

I'm the same at my property.

Horrendously 1999 dial up except Virgin. Which has only been available for the past 6 months. Was using Three (40gb & GoBinge until they launched Unlimited) but there data slowed down to worse than the OpenReach quotes.

It can be a real PITA but such a 1st world problem!
deleted179453525/01/2020 17:26

I'm the same at my property.Horrendously 1999 dial up except Virgin. Which …I'm the same at my property.Horrendously 1999 dial up except Virgin. Which has only been available for the past 6 months. Was using Three (40gb & GoBinge until they launched Unlimited) but there data slowed down to worse than the OpenReach quotes.It can be a real PITA but such a 1st world problem!

My property has had Virgin Media installed since it was NTL so I don’t know why open reach haven’t updated there’s
deleted1794535
Arto25/01/2020 17:33

My property has had Virgin Media installed since it was NTL so I don’t k …My property has had Virgin Media installed since it was NTL so I don’t know why open reach haven’t updated there’s

Slow to everything.

BT have always allowed the UK to be last to the party.
Voxi not counting on any of my kids accounts.

Also Vodafone broadband is much better with there new VOX 3.0 router. There old one was dreadful and would give you the impression that it was restricted at certain times etc..
deleted179453525/01/2020 17:36

Slow to everything.BT have always allowed the UK to be last to the party.

The stupid thing is properties 2 streets away can get max speeds on all providers and have been able to for years
deleted1794535
Arto25/01/2020 17:50

The stupid thing is properties 2 streets away can get max speeds on all …The stupid thing is properties 2 streets away can get max speeds on all providers and have been able to for years

Costs I would assume.

If you can get 2mbps on one provider or 500mbps with another nobody will have the slow one, therefore no requirement to invest in updating infrastructure.

No money in = no money out.
deleted179453525/01/2020 17:53

Costs I would assume.If you can get 2mbps on one provider or 500mbps with …Costs I would assume.If you can get 2mbps on one provider or 500mbps with another nobody will have the slow one, therefore no requirement to invest in updating infrastructure.No money in = no money out.

You would think that but everyone on my street is on 1-2mbps with Sky. I’m the only one on Virgin Media
deleted1794535
Arto25/01/2020 17:58

You would think that but everyone on my street is on 1-2mbps with Sky. I’m …You would think that but everyone on my street is on 1-2mbps with Sky. I’m the only one on Virgin Media

Who would actually pay for that speed?

They should be paying you!

Thing is they will be paying nearly as much for that on Sky as you could pay VM for 100!
deleted179453525/01/2020 18:00

Who would actually pay for that speed?They should be paying you!Thing is … Who would actually pay for that speed?They should be paying you!Thing is they will be paying nearly as much for that on Sky as you could pay VM for 100!

They all pay over £20pm. With my Virgin Media package my 350mb comes up as £7pm
deleted1794535
Arto25/01/2020 18:01

They all pay over £20pm. With my Virgin Media package my 350mb comes up as …They all pay over £20pm. With my Virgin Media package my 350mb comes up as £7pm

With TV though!

I have Sky TV (£14pm, with Kids, HD and BoxSets) VM 100 £25 (though bill credit and TCB means I only pay an effective £2.08pm)
deleted179453525/01/2020 18:03

With TV though! I have Sky TV (£14pm, with Kids, HD and BoxSets) VM 100 … With TV though! I have Sky TV (£14pm, with Kids, HD and BoxSets) VM 100 £25 (though bill credit and TCB means I only pay an effective £2.08pm)

Even if you got 100mb with Virgin by itself it works out nearly the same as Sky which is 100x faster
Why don't you get another voxi sim and top it up if they have flagged that sim ?
if you haven't got a spare one you can pick them up from Asda or most shops who have paypoint
39776940-53YQM.jpg
It’s been like that all weekend - I think it’s got stuck. So I maybe ok...
Craig201827/01/2020 19:22

[Image] It’s been like that all weekend - I think it’s got stuck. So I may …[Image] It’s been like that all weekend - I think it’s got stuck. So I maybe ok...

Still unmetered data for all Voxi users? One week on at 01 Feb 2020 and Voxi still hasn't graduated counting college for all my families' Voxi accounts one of which was opened mid-week with the (ab)user "absolutely battering" YouTube, so assume @Craig2018's temporary issue was Voxi having a mock exam and failing miserably. Assume similar for other protagonists such as @jamie15 , @PaulandPam & @darsuke ?
AndyRoyd01/02/2020 15:57

Still unmetered data for all Voxi users? One week on at 01 Feb 2020 and …Still unmetered data for all Voxi users? One week on at 01 Feb 2020 and Voxi still hasn't graduated counting college for all my families' Voxi accounts one of which was opened mid-week with the (ab)user "absolutely battering" YouTube, so assume @Craig2018's temporary issue was Voxi having a mock exam and failing miserably. Assume similar for other protagonists such as @jamie15 , @PaulandPam & @darsuke ?

Still unlimited
But getting double charged and their refund procedure for own fault mistakes is stuck in the dark age. Still no refund almost a month later.
darsuke01/02/2020 16:07

Still unlimited But getting double charged and their refund …Still unlimited But getting double charged and their refund procedure for own fault mistakes is stuck in the dark age. Still no refund almost a month later.

30days is usualy the timeframe required until a card issuer will consider a chargeback claim, so maybe go down the chargeback route now, even if it's just for the beneficial experience of what to expect for future more serious breaches by other merchants.
AndyRoyd01/02/2020 16:11

30days is usualy the timeframe required until a card issuer will consider …30days is usualy the timeframe required until a card issuer will consider a chargeback claim, so maybe go down the chargeback route now, even if it's just for the beneficial experience of what to expect for future more serious breaches by other merchants.

Already tried. Am paying via PayPal and they've refused the charge back. First and only time I've ever tried with any bank.
darsuke01/02/2020 16:12

Already tried. Am paying via PayPal and they've refused the charge back. …Already tried. Am paying via PayPal and they've refused the charge back. First and only time I've ever tried with any bank.

Two Qs: PP refused or card issuer refused (or both)? Refused on basis on not beyond 30days yet, or some other technicality?
AndyRoyd01/02/2020 16:19

Two Qs: PP refused or card issuer refused (or both)? Refused on basis on …Two Qs: PP refused or card issuer refused (or both)? Refused on basis on not beyond 30days yet, or some other technicality?

PayPal. They refused stating my billing dispute doesn't match their qualification for a billing dispute.

I'm not worried it won't be refunded. Just the stupid way Voxi operate.

They see and acknowledge they made a billing error. But online chat can't deal with refunds. Instead you have to wait for a text inviting you to call a special number to then pass security and get the refund processed.

Pretty lame way to operate. When I didn't get the text back I went to social media and saw plenty others in the same boat.
darsuke01/02/2020 16:40

PayPal. They refused stating my billing dispute doesn't match their …PayPal. They refused stating my billing dispute doesn't match their qualification for a billing dispute.I'm not worried it won't be refunded. Just the stupid way Voxi operate.They see and acknowledge they made a billing error. But online chat can't deal with refunds. Instead you have to wait for a text inviting you to call a special number to then pass security and get the refund processed.Pretty lame way to operate. When I didn't get the text back I went to social media and saw plenty others in the same boat.

Interesting operational concept from both companies. Thanks for the info. Suggest maybe change from PP account funding to PP funding by card for that sub?
AndyRoyd01/02/2020 16:43

Interesting operational concept from both companies. Thanks for the info. …Interesting operational concept from both companies. Thanks for the info. Suggest maybe change from PP account funding to PP funding by card for that sub?

I think it is set up that way already.
The tenner is coming out from my debit card.
darsuke01/02/2020 16:55

I think it is set up that way already.The tenner is coming out from my …I think it is set up that way already.The tenner is coming out from my debit card.

OK, if ultimately funded by payment card, hit the card issuer with your chargeback request. Is the card VISA or MS? which.co.uk/con…ack
AndyRoyd01/02/2020 17:00

OK, if ultimately funded by payment card, hit the card issuer with your …OK, if ultimately funded by payment card, hit the card issuer with your chargeback request. Is the card VISA or MS? https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Lloyd's visa debit. If Voxi don't play ball soon I might do that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants