Voxi to start counting from 11th June 2020

Posted 1st Jun 2020Edited by:"HankHandsome"
Just got a text message about Voxi's "Network Maintenance" being complete so in 10 days time, all of you using hundreds of GB a month will have to look elsewhere as the "Unlimited" cap is being removed ..
Community Updates
Starts counting 11/6/2020
Misc
71 Comments
Just had mine too :'(
Was good while it lasted . It's easy enough to move if you can find a better deal.
Rip
Pls post alternative unlimited deals pls
Congrats on finally graduating counting college.
HankHandsome01/06/2020 09:46

Here's the link …Here's the link ..https://help.voxi.co.uk/plans-and-extras/1495387512/Is-my-data-allowance-going-back-to-normal.htm

Would be helpful to append thread title with: 11 June 2020.
Going to have to go to Three PAYG unlimited everything for £20 top up, the deal expires on 12th June, but you can get it for for up to 6 months afterwards

three.co.uk/pay…sim
Edited by: "enceladus" 1st Jun
AndyRoyd01/06/2020 11:29

Would be helpful to append thread title with: 11 June 2020.

Done and done.

I knew it would happen, with my luck being as it is.

I bet if I’d never joined, it would still be unlimited..
enceladus01/06/2020 11:45

Going to have to go to Three PAYG unlimited everything for £20 top up, the …Going to have to go to Three PAYG unlimited everything for £20 top up, the deal expires on 12th June, but you can get it for for up to 6 months afterwardshttp://www.three.co.uk/paygsim

Alternative to 3 pls
enceladus01/06/2020 12:21

Smarty Smarty https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/unlimited-data-gb-unlimited-ctexts-20-a-month-30-day-contract-sim-only-at-smarty-15-smarty-three-deals-3367306

Same network
This is a shame, but it's about time. Lasted way longer than expected!
I only joined last month

I can't go back to Three; their speeds are atrocious round here. There's no point having unlimited data if you can't use it
Just got my message too.
Frustrating as I really liked Voxi, but £35 for unlimited is crazy! When you can get a far better deal with Smarty or Vodafone Entertainment cash back deal.
I don't really need unlimited data, but ideally 20GB.

Reluctant to try Smarty, as seem to be going down hill and lots of very unhappy users on here, due to internet speeds and congested networks.

If I take out a Three contract will the speeds and reliability be better than Smarty?

Some options I'm thinking:

Superdrug mobile, offer 30GB for £10 a month and unlimited for £20...
If you take out one of their Superdrug loyalty cards, they credit it with the value of your first month plan.

Vectone, they offer 30GB of data for £10 a month, but should be aware is only 3G speeds via EE. But heard speeds are very good and usually get speeds over 15Mb, but not tried it out yet.

Giffgaff, 80GB bundle for £20.
Their lower plans are not really beneficial in moving over to, as only get 6GB for £10, 12GB for £12 and 15GB for £15.

Lebara, 10GB bundle for £8.95 (via link on uSwitch).

Three (PAYG), £20 for Unlimited data, calls and texts, if sign up before 12th June, and offer for that price for 6 months before going up to £30 from month 7.

If you're happy with a credit check and a contract:

Virgin Mobile who use EE currently and switching to Vodafone network later in year have 36GB for £13 a month.
(12 month contract)

Three, unlimited data for £18 a month and can get £60 cashback via Quidco.

ID Mobile, 50GB bundle for £16 a month and unlimited data for £21.
(30 day rolling contract, which requires direct debit and credit check.)
Edited by: "g-diddy" 1st Jun
indywooda01/06/2020 14:23

Frustrating as I really liked Voxi, but £35 for unlimited is crazy! When …Frustrating as I really liked Voxi, but £35 for unlimited is crazy! When you can get a far better deal with Smarty or Vodafone Entertainment cash back deal.

I think that includes 5G if/when it reaches your area.

Nearly all other PAYG plans are just 3G/4G.
HereKittyKitty01/06/2020 14:13

I only joined last month I can't go back to Three; their speeds …I only joined last month I can't go back to Three; their speeds are atrocious round here. There's no point having unlimited data if you can't use it

In the same boat gone for mobiles.co.uk Vodafone with qudico cashback 19£ monthly roughly
I might just not commit to anything until Black Friday in November and keep Voxi ticking over.

I already have a Sky Mobile sim only contract with Sim's for my Mum and Sister so I can add a third to that for me at any time if need be, and if I get the same 50% discount, I could feasibly get 20gb for £10 a month which would do me.
Still unlimited social media so I'd imagine that's a big chunk of most people's data anyway.
Damn it. Only been using it for 5 days
I only have Vodafone and O2 towers close to my house and thinking of getting a sim for my 4g router. I looked and Vodafone is the cheapest for unlimited data but their cheap plans are speed restricted 2mbps and 10 mbps. Does anyone knows if there’s a way to lift the speed limit on that or no ?
O2 unlimited will be very expensive.
But with Vodafone I get 100mbps speeds so ideally that would be great for my 4g router.
And currently I have three sim in my phone £13 a month everything unlimited but speeds are from 20mbps to 30mbps which worked fine for 4K streaming on my tele. So I might ask three to give me another sim only contract for same amount £13 see how that goes but more then happy for pay Vodafone £15-£17 for no speed restrictions unlimited data.
If anyone got any suggestions that will be welcome. Thanks
Addyy7701/06/2020 16:32

I only have Vodafone and O2 towers close to my house and thinking of …I only have Vodafone and O2 towers close to my house and thinking of getting a sim for my 4g router. I looked and Vodafone is the cheapest for unlimited data but their cheap plans are speed restricted 2mbps and 10 mbps. Does anyone knows if there’s a way to lift the speed limit on that or no ? O2 unlimited will be very expensive. But with Vodafone I get 100mbps speeds so ideally that would be great for my 4g router. And currently I have three sim in my phone £13 a month everything unlimited but speeds are from 20mbps to 30mbps which worked fine for 4K streaming on my tele. So I might ask three to give me another sim only contract for same amount £13 see how that goes but more then happy for pay Vodafone £15-£17 for no speed restrictions unlimited data. If anyone got any suggestions that will be welcome. Thanks

Can u tell any Vodafone unlimited max deals pls
g-diddy01/06/2020 15:01

If you're happy with a credit check and a contract:Virgin Mobile who use …If you're happy with a credit check and a contract:Virgin Mobile who use EE currently and switching to Vodafone network later in year have 36GB for £13 a month.(12 month contract)

Not quite - the switch to Vodafone is due late 2021. But given that they're merging with O2, it's highly unlikely the Vodafone deal will happen.
alg01/06/2020 20:25

Not quite - the switch to Vodafone is due late 2021. But given that …Not quite - the switch to Vodafone is due late 2021. But given that they're merging with O2, it's highly unlikely the Vodafone deal will happen.

And the Three merger has been pushed back onto the table too!

If you add 3 and o2 you get 5 (in around about way) perfect for when they are selling 7G with an outdated name!
Ivor-NoReasonToCare01/06/2020 21:19

And the Three merger has been pushed back onto the table too!If you add 3 …And the Three merger has been pushed back onto the table too!If you add 3 and o2 you get 5 (in around about way) perfect for when they are selling 7G with an outdated name!

Logic infinity
Ivor-NoReasonToCare01/06/2020 21:19

And the Three merger has been pushed back onto the table too!If you add 3 …And the Three merger has been pushed back onto the table too!If you add 3 and o2 you get 5 (in around about way) perfect for when they are selling 7G with an outdated name!

Except the merger of 3 UK with O2 got barred on competition grounds. That won't have changed with the merger of Virgin and O2, as you will still have the same number of MNOs.
alg01/06/2020 22:00

Except the merger of 3 UK with O2 got barred on competition grounds. That …Except the merger of 3 UK with O2 got barred on competition grounds. That won't have changed with the merger of Virgin and O2, as you will still have the same number of MNOs.

No back on the table here

gizmodo.co.uk/202…er/
dave.richardsonskV01/06/2020 16:34

Can u tell any Vodafone unlimited max deals pls

Nothing is cheaper then atleast £18 after redemption cashback.
If you get decent three signals then I just posted a deal automatic cash back 12month contract £14.67 a month and on top you can go via Quidco to get £25 cashback that will make it £12.58 a month unlimited everything ?

hotukdeals.com/dea…323
Ivor-NoReasonToCare01/06/2020 22:11

No back on the table here …No back on the table here https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2020/05/o2-three-merger/

Highly unlikely now ! O2 and Virgin want to offer Tv also, as a package ! (O2 has 32 million mobile subscribers). So Virgin is salivating at the prospect of punters buying their TV and landline BB offerings. Tempting when 5G will be the norm, giving the extra bandwidth for mobile TV.

Whereas 3 network have been faffing around with their 5G investments and were hoping to use O2 infrastructure. Now they are alone and will have to cough up and invest more, if they are to survive in UK. I dont see Three network making a big splash for the coming 2-3 years, by which time we might have 6G ! Three have definitely missed the boat, despite having alll the spectrum.
Onlydongles02/06/2020 09:59

Highly unlikely now ! O2 and Virgin want to offer Tv also, as a package ! …Highly unlikely now ! O2 and Virgin want to offer Tv also, as a package ! (O2 has 32 million mobile subscribers). So Virgin is salivating at the prospect of punters buying their TV and landline BB offerings. Tempting when 5G will be the norm, giving the extra bandwidth for mobile TV.Whereas 3 network have been faffing around with their 5G investments and were hoping to use O2 infrastructure. Now they are alone and will have to cough up and invest more, if they are to survive in UK. I dont see Three network making a big splash for the coming 2-3 years, by which time we might have 6G ! Three have definitely missed the boat, despite having alll the spectrum.

The issue wasn't with Three investment. It was that the Spanish owners of O2 were running the network at great loss and were unwilling to invest.

The likely outcome is that the Virgin merger will go ahead and Sky will finally have a more than viable rival.

Considering Sky is an MVNO using O2 and the direct competition for Virgin it will be interesting to see where they try to take their network.

Virgin will be desperate to offer the full spectrum package but 5G still won't have a national rollout when any merger actually happens, we are still as you say 2-3 years from that. Especially with a huge recession on the horizon and the price of the technology at the moment.

Three are the only ones pricing themselves at a point people may bite for a long term contract, however, the reality is that they still don't have the infastructure since the Huawei decision was reached and delayed everything in the meantime.

The real interesting thing will be seeing what each network comes up with as an alternative offering now the great and powerful Voxi data giveaway is ending.
Ivor-NoReasonToCare02/06/2020 10:07

The issue wasn't with Three investment. It was that the Spanish owners of …The issue wasn't with Three investment. It was that the Spanish owners of O2 were running the network at great loss and were unwilling to invest.The likely outcome is that the Virgin merger will go ahead and Sky will finally have a more than viable rival.Considering Sky is an MVNO using O2 and the direct competition for Virgin it will be interesting to see where they try to take their network.Virgin will be desperate to offer the full spectrum package but 5G still won't have a national rollout when any merger actually happens, we are still as you say 2-3 years from that. Especially with a huge recession on the horizon and the price of the technology at the moment.Three are the only ones pricing themselves at a point people may bite for a long term contract, however, the reality is that they still don't have the infastructure since the Huawei decision was reached and delayed everything in the meantime.The real interesting thing will be seeing what each network comes up with as an alternative offering now the great and powerful Voxi data giveaway is ending.

O2 only have Band 20 (800 Mhz) spectrum to be repurposed for 5G. Whereas Three have had the most and full range of spectrum. But O2 have more towers and street furniture catering to their 32 million punters. So the synergy would have been good for both. But the EU put paid to their ambitions, only to reverse it 4 years later by the courts. Seems the O2 horses have bolted with a better entrenched network and a Landline BB provider with TV as a bonus/combined offering.

Unlikely Three will now even consider a hostile bidding war for O2, at a higher cost ! Will be licking thier wounds and cough up investments, if they are to stay relevant. Maybe a merger with Sky OR Voda at the most and a combined or shared infrastructure.
This could be a good alternative for some. 25gb, but with data rollover and unlimited social data, for £12/month on Virgin (EE)

hotukdeals.com/dea…386
Edited by: "HereKittyKitty" 2nd Jun
Random question but does anyone know how/if it’s possible to view text messages that I have received on my voxi number? I currently have my sim in a 4g router rather than in a mobile device ... have logged into my account and was hoping to see if I can view them there but cannot seem to find anything?
Edited by: "Chipps" 2nd Jun
Chipps02/06/2020 22:51

Random question but does anyone know how/if it’s possible to view text m …Random question but does anyone know how/if it’s possible to view text messages that I have received on my voxi number? I currently have my sim in a 4g router rather than in a mobile device ... have logged into my account and was hoping to see if I can view them there but cannot seem to find anything?

darsuke02/06/2020 23:13

Thank you - managed to login and interestingly I haven’t received any text message regarding the data being countered from this date. I doubt it is, but any chance this is account specific?
Chipps02/06/2020 23:30

Thank you - managed to login and interestingly I haven’t received any text …Thank you - managed to login and interestingly I haven’t received any text message regarding the data being countered from this date. I doubt it is, but any chance this is account specific?

It's announced on their website so likely for everyone.
Post a comment
@
    Text