Vpn

Posted 15th Jul 2020
Hi guys
I’m looking to get a vpn but I have a few questions
I’m on Vodafone, can I install a vpn on my isp router ?
If I change isp I’m assuming I can readd the vpn on another providers router?

If it worth buying another router I.e belkin?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Not all routers allow VPN’s to be added to them they tend to be the little more expensive ones, I suspect but of course could be wrong that the standard Vodafone one won’t be one of those. You can buy one and use it with either along side or in some cases as a replacement and use with another provider if you change.
I'd recommend doing some research and purchasing a 3rd party router. Most ISP routers are cr*p, to put it blunt. Often flawed with security holes and crippled to "make them user friendly" when actually it's to make them cheaper to mass produce. Spend some time doing some research for example Youtube. Pick up a router that supports OpenWRT and I am 99% you can install a VPN you like :-)

Also do not cheap out on VPNs. If you use a free VPN, you are giving away your data that's how they make their money. If you pay for a decent VPN (won't cost the earth) then you are more likely to get a better service. NordVPN. AirVPN, Private Internet Access etc.
Thanks guys, any recommendations on router, looking to spend no more than 50.
Is it easy to use a 3rd party with. Any isp?
Protoype15/07/2020 23:23

I'd recommend doing some research and purchasing a 3rd party router. Most …I'd recommend doing some research and purchasing a 3rd party router. Most ISP routers are cr*p, to put it blunt. Often flawed with security holes and crippled to "make them user friendly" when actually it's to make them cheaper to mass produce. Spend some time doing some research for example Youtube. Pick up a router that supports OpenWRT and I am 99% you can install a VPN you like :-)Also do not cheap out on VPNs. If you use a free VPN, you are giving away your data that's how they make their money. If you pay for a decent VPN (won't cost the earth) then you are more likely to get a better service. NordVPN. AirVPN, Private Internet Access etc.

Is there any routers you recomend.
Don’t want to spend a fortune
s_dusara15/07/2020 23:26

Thanks guys, any recommendations on router, looking to spend no more than …Thanks guys, any recommendations on router, looking to spend no more than 50. Is it easy to use a 3rd party with. Any isp?

not an expert but think you will be lucky at that price. Depends what you want it for the likes of Winscribe can or used to be able to be loaded onto a firestick, if its just for watching TV this would be a cheaper option.
s_dusara15/07/2020 23:32

Is there any routers you recomend.Don’t want to spend a fortune

Nah it’s for my smart tv. Using YouTube, Netflix,iptv etc
ASUS routers are normally pretty good in £50-80 price mark. Have a look on Youtube for reviews.
Post a comment
@
    Text