VPN deals

Found 6th Oct 2017
OK so my current Private Internet Access VPN subscription expires
soon.

Used PIA for 3 years without issue, but was wondering if
there is a better cheaper VPN provider out there?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
I hope you get a good discussion going here I am looking forward to hearing what peeps have to say.

I use a free one, forget what it's called tbh but performance is v poor and I think I only get a free Gb/day, so wouldn't recommend it anyway
I am using IPVanish. I initially took it out on a rolling monthly contract(the most expensive option) as I wanted to test speeds etc without committing to a longer term. Have been pretty happy with it and seem to have forgotten about the subscription. Must get onto that. Will probably just get the yearly one.

I use a router to connect off a BT home hub. Works well for what I need it for, streaming etc. BT speed is about 50mbps and through the separate router and VPN I get about 10mbps which is enough to stream, not had any problems thus far.

No data limit. Got plenty servers to choose from.

I'd also be interested to hear opinions on other options as I don't really know if there is better out there as I've only tried this one.
I worked away a lot and tried many of the VPNs, free and paid, PIA was the best good speeds and a stable platform where others had poor speeds and a need to often reinstall it. Have a google there are always some discounts to be had for PIA.
Have used betternet for a while now its free and i still get good download speeds with no limits and best of all not had any more emails from virgin for downloading
I've used betternet and windscribe after reccomendations from people on here. Never had any problems with either to be honest.
I use expressvpn never had any issues and my speed is very good I lose only about 10% of my actual speeds depending on location chosen but the UK option is very fast!
Also a PIA customer and my renewal is up next month.

Thought I'd just compare the (annual) costs of the mentioned services on this thread -

PIA - $39.95
Expressvpn - $99.95
Ipvanish - $77.99

Edit
Nordvpn - $69.00
Digibit VPN - £30.00
mullvad - Euro 60.00

I'm very happy with PIA - speeds are great, customer service fast and efficient - think I'll be sticking with them.

Had a google for PIA discount codes and the best I could find was a price of $36.95 for new customers via privateinternetaccess.com/pag…ack
Edited by: "Van1973" 6th Oct 2017
Van197330 m ago

Also a PIA customer and my renewal is up next month.Thought I'd just …Also a PIA customer and my renewal is up next month.Thought I'd just compare the (annual) costs of the mentioned services on this thread - PIA - $39.95 Expressvpn - $99.95Ipvanish - $77.99I'm very happy with PIA - speeds are great, customer service fast and efficient - think I'll be sticking with them.Had a google for PIA discount codes and the best I could find was a price of $36.95 for new customers via https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/COGIPAS-ebook-offer/torrenttrack

If new customers are happy to pay for 2 years in advance you can get it for $59.99
Can any of the listed VPNs also be used on Tablets,Laptops or phones using the same subscription?
iscom4 m ago

Can any of the listed VPNs also be used on Tablets,Laptops or phones using …Can any of the listed VPNs also be used on Tablets,Laptops or phones using the same subscription?

Yes. A PIA subscription can be used on 5 different devices at the same time. There are apps for both Android and iOS.

I assume similar with other vpn providers.
im with Nord, pretty impressed so far. number of servers is insane. plus based in panama so theoretically does not have to hand over any logs. nord allows 6 devices logged in at the same time
Edited by: "EN1GMA" 6th Oct 2017
I used mullvad. Either £4 a month or free for 3 hours. I used the 3 hours few times a day everyday.
Digibit VPN, £2 a month if you use code from there website. Been pretty good for me. Not as many servers as ipvanish but get similar speeds.
Have a look here if you're looking for a VPN that doesn't share information with countries: thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn…rt/

Personally I don't use one since I have a dedicated server to grab my content from - if you're paying for an expensive VPN to hide your piracy, you may be much better off getting a server instead.
PenguinsForAll6th Oct

Have a look here if you're looking for a VPN that doesn't share …Have a look here if you're looking for a VPN that doesn't share information with countries: https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/Personally I don't use one since I have a dedicated server to grab my content from - if you're paying for an expensive VPN to hide your piracy, you may be much better off getting a server instead.

I would never use a vpn that requires your name and address....pointless imo.
PenguinsForAll6th Oct

Have a look here if you're looking for a VPN that doesn't share …Have a look here if you're looking for a VPN that doesn't share information with countries: https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/Personally I don't use one since I have a dedicated server to grab my content from - if you're paying for an expensive VPN to hide your piracy, you may be much better off getting a server instead.

Would a server have a kill switch...what sort of prices are these servers.
Adam7861238th Oct

I would never use a vpn that requires your name and address....pointless …I would never use a vpn that requires your name and address....pointless imo.Would a server have a kill switch...what sort of prices are these servers.

Servers are not like VPNs. I use mine for downloading movies and whatever else, that way it's not tied to my home IP address as it's located in some European country. If you torrent then it's good to use a server, otherwise stick to your VPN.
PenguinsForAll1 h, 4 m ago

Servers are not like VPNs. I use mine for downloading movies and whatever …Servers are not like VPNs. I use mine for downloading movies and whatever else, that way it's not tied to my home IP address as it's located in some European country. If you torrent then it's good to use a server, otherwise stick to your VPN.

Not got either but i belive you can use server as vpn...pickup a server from low end box.
Adam78612319 h, 58 m ago

Not got either but i belive you can use server as vpn...pickup a server …Not got either but i belive you can use server as vpn...pickup a server from low end box.

Yup you can do, but VPNs are useful if you want to blend into the masses.
Use IPVSAVE50 for 50% off at Ipvanish $39.00 for year.
.MUFC.5 m ago

Use IPVSAVE50 for 50% off at Ipvanish $39.00 for year.

Pia vpn $37....ipvanish is already over priced.
Edited by: "Adam786123" 11th Oct 2017
Adam7861234 m ago

Pia vpn $37....ipvanish is already over priced.

Maybe so, However popular and highly recommended, I tried it myself and it was good but I'm happy with Digibit at £2 a month.

No experience with any other VPN so can't give an honest answer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions