VPN recommendations?

Posted 9th Apr 2019
There's tons of VPN's out there! NordVPN, ExpressVPN, PIA, Cyberghost etc...

What would you recommend I'm thinking NordVPN it's very cheap and can connect 6 devices at once, Express is apparently amazing but only 3 devices, PIA has amazing reviews from people but I want you VPN users to give me recommendations!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Surfshark is good and even cheaper than NordVPN
I use mullvad
Watching some reviews on NordVPN known for doing shady things such as slowing down speeds after a trial, trustpilot reviews aren't great so they're out of the picture. Most VPN's are in US dollars so I gotta use a fee free card I'm guessing?
deleted1204383
Why do you want a VPN?
An interesting article. schub.io/blo…tml
really do your own research and only rely on peoples thoughts on performance.

Depends what you are looking for in a vpn and what you want it for. Security is the key and many will tell you they don’t log but get found out that they log enough. PIA has been proven in court to not log others as I say have been found wanting.

Google reviews and and look at the vpn comparison sites and torrent freak has a good section on them as well.

Dont rely on free trials to check how they operate speeds are never on par. Check social stack for offers they always have some good offers.

If you you want it for just Netflix Windscribe offers dedicated servers which will always work other sites don’t. Writing this in a hotel in a different country on PIA at home get well over 100mb speedsbut also have a $12 Windscribe 3 year deal I use for TV sites.
Lifetime 5-devices (inc routers) with dedicated and functional Netflix, iplayer and torrent servers about £24 via Stacksocial and the 4+ clones when factoring 1st order discount stacksocial.com/sal…n-2 . Usual limited-time offer, current offer ending 10 April 2019 but likely extended or will return at few pennies cheaper / dearer.
2 Years ago I purchased a lifetime subscription to IVACY and its fantastic, check sharewareonsale or stacksocial to see if they have any IVACY deals, I use IVACY on PC Mainly but also have it installed on phone and Android TV (even as its own dedicated Android TV App).

IVACY Website
deleted120438309/04/2019 23:34

Why do you want a VPN?An interesting article. …Why do you want a VPN?An interesting article. https://schub.io/blog/2019/04/08/very-precarious-narrative.html

I've been receiving warnings from Virgin Media for watching copyrighted content apparently, didn't notice the warnings until today on my third warning :(.
KeyboardKitten10/04/2019 09:42

I've been receiving warnings from Virgin Media for watching copyrighted …I've been receiving warnings from Virgin Media for watching copyrighted content apparently, didn't notice the warnings until today on my third warning :(.

Do you mean virgin broadband? I'm currently using virgin mobile.

They keep sending you the warning ? Do you mind share the message and see what they looks like?
KeyboardKitten10/04/2019 09:42

I've been receiving warnings from Virgin Media for watching copyrighted …I've been receiving warnings from Virgin Media for watching copyrighted content apparently, didn't notice the warnings until today on my third warning :(.

If it is speed etc you are after and lack of shady practises regarding throttling etc I honestly can’t feult expressvpn. I have been with them years running torrents, iptv streaming, Netflix from America (4K) and have never struggled with any of it I lose about 10% speed wise when it’s on (server depending). I tried a few in the beginning and ended up settling on express vpn, it’s expensive but pretty much faultless, i have it configured always on at router level on a subset of my network and it very very rarely misses a beat.
Dannyrobbo10/04/2019 10:52

If it is speed etc you are after and lack of shady practises regarding …If it is speed etc you are after and lack of shady practises regarding throttling etc I honestly can’t feult expressvpn. I have been with them years running torrents, iptv streaming, Netflix from America (4K) and have never struggled with any of it I lose about 10% speed wise when it’s on (server depending). I tried a few in the beginning and ended up settling on express vpn, it’s expensive but pretty much faultless, i have it configured always on at router level on a subset of my network and it very very rarely misses a beat.

Awesome thanks for the recommendation will take a look into it! More into privacy rather than speed now that article 13 is coming into power.
JefferyinUK1 h, 19 m ago

Do you mean virgin broadband? I'm currently using virgin mobile.They keep …Do you mean virgin broadband? I'm currently using virgin mobile.They keep sending you the warning ? Do you mind share the message and see what they looks like?

Virgin Broadband, they provide your area code along with a case code and provide a warning saying we've recieved reports of you using copyrighted content on our Internet, they then say about what it means and ways to stream stuff legally, not my fault the office US isn't on Netflix :(. Don't wanna risk getting cut off my house when it was built had Virgin cables so I can't switch.
KeyboardKitten21 m ago

Awesome thanks for the recommendation will take a look into it! More into …Awesome thanks for the recommendation will take a look into it! More into privacy rather than speed now that article 13 is coming into power.

Never had a warning letter, expressvpn had their servers seized by turkey and they could obtain no information that could tie to users. There are only a few that have had their cases tested in court express, perfect privacy and PIA. I decided not to opt for PIA because it’s US based, that lot love to meddle in the Internet. There’s a good article here Link, I don’t think you can go too far wrong with any of those listed.
I’ve used Windscribe for 3 years without a problem. It’s cheap and has a dedicated Netflix feature. Also has an excellent app for phones/tablets.
deleted1447778
THIS is worth a read
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants