VPN services legal?

Found 10th Jul 2012
Hmm.. Just wanted to make sure. Are VPN services such as unblock-us and playmotv legal? Used to access US content on netflix/vudu/hulu etc.

thanks!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Yes.
Edited by: "Legend101" 10th Jul 2012

I think they're legal but certainly invalidate the ToS of the services you're trying to access.

realblender

These are illegal services. Please do not discuss further

Thought you were a mod for a second.

lul

These are not VPN services. As for the legality of these DNS service providers, it is not known if what they do is or is not considered legal, as I am unaware of any case law in this country on the specific subject. However, google offer a DNS service to the UK and a host of other DNS providers are readily available which you can choose to use. So therefore I believe it would be hard to argue that they are illegal to use in that you can simply put it down as paying for an alternative DNS provider to the one your ISP provides. Plus if Netflix really didn't want us accessing these they would block the loophole, all they simply do is not acknowledge the problem and it's been this way since they expanded to Canada from the US.
Edited by: "Astec123" 10th Jul 2012

can someone tell me whats the difference, why go to Canada netflix?

Legend101

Thought you were a mod for a second.lul

The next second you realised he is talking out his ass, and most mods are knowledgeable to some degree about these matters?

Boxer

can someone tell me whats the difference, why go to Canada netflix?

Someone said the other day in my thread, that the Canada version has a lot more content. Can anyone else confirm this after having tried both?

jonny619447

Someone said the other day in my thread, that the Canada version has a … Someone said the other day in my thread, that the Canada version has a lot more content. Can anyone else confirm this after having tried both?

No they both apparently have a mix of things that the other doesn't have but they are both a damned big step up from the UK version. Therefore if you go for a DNS provider one that offers a Canadian DNS as well as a US one, you can use gives you even more choice. However which is better depends on your taste in programs, same as if you prefer UK stuff the US version would be lacking for you.
Edited by: "Astec123" 10th Jul 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants