Groups

VPS Hosting Recommendations?

I've got a few sites currently hosted on HostGator but now want to switch to VPS (preferable UK based). I've been doing some research but can't seemed to find anyone that sounds ideal.

I was very tempted to go with eUKhost, but some of their reviews are just terrible. If someone can vouch for them then I may still consider them.

I need about 20GB space, around 200GB bandwidth and CPanel/WHM.

Prices I've been looking at are around £250/year, which sounds fine to me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

6 Comments

have a look ]here

Original Poster

Tdrtnlz;8946019

have a look ]here

Thanks for that, repped. Narrowed it down to WiredTree, KnownHost and eUKhost based on recommendations from there.

eUKhost don't appear to be as bad as some reviews make them out to be. Anyone know how much impact having a US based VPS will have on load speeds in UK etc?
    To put into perspective my current host, HostGator, is US based and I'm quite happy with all their load speeds and whatnot.

Anyone with any of the above 3 able to point out some pros and cons please?

Thanks again

MrBrightside1987;8949253

Anyone know how much impact having a US based VPS will have on load … Anyone know how much impact having a US based VPS will have on load speeds in UK etc?

It depends what you want to do with it really. You can still get decent speeds from it but the distance will increase the latency (lag or delay). You will probably only notice this if using it for game servers where low latency is essential, or likewise. You may also notice it when remotely controlling it (waiting a second or two for the response of a command you've typed in the shell for example).

For websites a US-based VPS would be fine, it would only really be undesirable if the sites were very popular and only in the UK. Personally I usually look for EU based servers as it's close to the UK but also quick for the rest of europe, the failing euro might make it a bit cheaper at the moment too :whistling:.

Banned

I use seedboxworlf

A solid VPS reviews and deals site: ]http//ww…om/

Seems legit, well maintained, decent technical info, and no affiliate links.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common1220
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764223
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31141
      4. Find out how good your GP surgery is55

See more discussions