Expired

Vtech kidigo MPEG 4 files help

Found 19th Dec 2013
I tried to set up my sons kidigo for christmas last night..... it took me ages :-) did the learning lodge and worked out how to transfer photo's to it ok but really struggled with getting any videos to work.

I know i can purchase these from learning lodge but was really trying to come up with a way to download things without paying their high prices......

I downloaded the encoder that Vtech sugguest (TEncoder) you use if you wish to convert your own files. I then pointed it to my itunes libary files and tried to convert to the correct format but everything kept coming out as 0mb......

Anyone sucessfully done this or have any ideas where to get MPEG4 files for free? Kids videos like peppa pig.....

Thanks.....
Community Updates
AskVTechComputing
29 Comments
Banned
If you can find the videos on YouTube then clipconverter can download them as MP4

clipconverter.cc/
Original Poster
KillFelix

If you can find the videos on YouTube then clipconverter can download … If you can find the videos on YouTube then clipconverter can download them as MP4http://www.clipconverter.cc/

Thanks - i saw some bits on utube but couldnt see a 'download' link? do you know? Thanks x
isnt it avi the same as innotab?
https://www.facebook.com/VTechToysUK/posts/10151928218640731

if so then id search for the recent innotab post about it
Banned
nefertiti6969

Thanks - i saw some bits on utube but couldnt see a 'download' link? do … Thanks - i saw some bits on utube but couldnt see a 'download' link? do you know? Thanks x

If you paste the youtube URL (Looks something like this youtube.com/watch?v=nJFJ83248f) into the above website, click continue, select MP4 and then "Start" if will convert and download the video for you.
Original Poster
brilly

isnt it avi the same as … isnt it avi the same as innotab?https://www.facebook.com/VTechToysUK/posts/10151928218640731if so then id search for the recent innotab post about it

thanks - will check it out
Original Poster
KillFelix

Thanks - you're a star :-)If you paste the youtube URL (Looks something … Thanks - you're a star :-)If you paste the youtube URL (Looks something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJFJ83248f) into the above website, click continue, select MP4 and then "Start" if will convert and download the video for you.

Original Poster
brilly

this was … this was ithttp://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/innotab-2-no-longer-plays-xvid-video-s-here-s-fix-firmware-june-2013-1607241#comments

thanks - lets hope i have more success tonight!
Original Poster
Arghhhhh.... still doesnt want to work, can convert them fine but doesnt show in the drive when transferred to the tablet. wonder is its because of the resolution having to be 480 by 272?
what way did you try it?
sure you are putting them in the right folder?
Having the exact same problem cause it requires mpeg4 sp (xvid) not just mpeg4. It is to do with the resolution, sp meaning simple profile. Furious with vTech!
Think I may have had a break through PSP uses the same format and I have found a converter for PSP. Bear with I will update asap
I have managed it, it has taken all evening. I have used freemake video converter you need to convert it to an AVI then change the settings. Frame size - custom width 480 height 272 video codec xvid audio codec mp3. Then start converting has worked for me and I am now a very happy bunny.
sounds like kidigo is using the same stuff that innotab used to use before the change then
answer

I have managed it, it has taken all evening. I have used freemake video … I have managed it, it has taken all evening. I have used freemake video converter you need to convert it to an AVI then change the settings. Frame size - custom width 480 height 272 video codec xvid audio codec mp3. Then start converting has worked for me and I am now a very happy bunny.

Which version did you use? 4.1.2 or 3.6.2?
Never mind done
Original Poster
answer

I have managed it, it has taken all evening. I have used freemake video … I have managed it, it has taken all evening. I have used freemake video converter you need to convert it to an AVI then change the settings. Frame size - custom width 480 height 272 video codec xvid audio codec mp3. Then start converting has worked for me and I am now a very happy bunny.

great! i gave up but will try again tonight!! thanks xx
Original Poster
answer

You are a star!! and have saved my sanity!!! thanks - my little boy will be thrilled x
Thanks you Very Much.

Much appreciated For Letting Us Know.
After many hours of 'trying' to transfer movies over to my childs Kidigo I finally succeeded, the one thing the instructions are
leaving out is to 'save' the desired files into the actual D drive on the kidigo. I also found a decent site to download programs from they actually convert them for you in real time at the side of the description clip.dj.

So follow these instructions, plug in your Kidigo into your computer, and save to D drive in the video file on the kidigo via your folder on your pc etc: -
facebook.com/pag…323

After MANY late hours trying to figure out how to do this, downloading 3 different converters and following different instructions, I give up!

I just cannot get the blinking videos to work and it's driving me crazy! Can anyone please give me step by step instructions as am feeling like a complete fool right now, after 5 unsuccessful days trying.

Thank you in advance x
Original Poster
chrissyta86

After MANY late hours trying to figure out how to do this, downloading 3 … After MANY late hours trying to figure out how to do this, downloading 3 different converters and following different instructions, I give up!I just cannot get the blinking videos to work and it's driving me crazy! Can anyone please give me step by step instructions as am feeling like a complete fool right now, after 5 unsuccessful days trying.Thank you in advance x

I used the clip convertor to extract videos from you tube - you just paste the web page link and it converts it.

The i used the:
answer
I have managed it, it has taken all evening. I have used freemake video converter you need to convert it to an AVI then change the settings. Frame size - custom width 480 height 272 video codec xvid audio codec mp3. Then start converting has worked for me and I am now a very happy bunny.

Save the file then 'copy'. plug your kidigo in and see what new drive pop up on my computer. Find the file that says videos and paste it there.

It's within the blank folder on the kidigo when you turn it on - you need to go into settings and check if you are using internal or memory card memory. You can switch it if you are unsure and see if that works.
If downloading movies from places like kicka$$ and putting on an SD card make sure they are in a folder called VIDEO (capitals)
If it's of any help to anyone I have found that (the free) ffmpeg can be used to create files in the correct format when used with the following options:

ffmpeg -i "E:\DVD\MyFilm.mkv" -s 480x272 -sn -b:v 512k -b:a 96k -c:v libxvid -acodec mp3 "E:\Kiddigo\VIDEO\MyFilm.avi"
Edited by: "howarthcd" 30th Apr 2014
Got this Kiddigo for the eldest kid a couple of weeks ago, encoded a load of videos using TEncoder and copied them over, all using the correct settings yet some of them play fine and others won't play at all, just says "video format unsupported" even though they were all encoded the same way with same settings, any ideas?
KdGConvert, very easy to use
It's in german, but you only have to translate 5 words to make it work.
It is that easy.
After trying a hole day with Freemake etc, this program did the job in minutes.
Dont forget too choose the save location for your converted video, your desktop for example.
Then copy to KidiGo or micro SD.
Done!
howarthcd

If it's of any help to anyone I have found that (the free) ffmpeg can be … If it's of any help to anyone I have found that (the free) ffmpeg can be used to create files in the correct format when used with the following options:ffmpeg -i "E:\DVD\MyFilm.mkv" -s 480x272 -sn -b:v 512k -b:a 96k -c:v libxvid -acodec mp3 "E:\Kiddigo\VIDEO\MyFilm.avi"

Thanks Howard - I've been messing around with various ffmpeg command line options, but you seem to have hit the nail on the head!
answer

I am having a big problem with this, converted to AVI but only have audio, no video! And I can't use freemake video converter as it says it will harm the computer but I carried on then it said the files were corrupt so couldnt download! Any help? Going on a journey tomo and dont want to have to pay lots for videos
32Gb card in the device reads it as 32Mb and claims it is full.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions