VW Golf MK6 need strong battery

Found 8th Nov 2017Edited by:"canada16"
Hey, Just bought a Golf and for some reason it seems to struggle to start. Also when it has been sitting for a few days the battery dies for no reason as nothing is plugged in.

Had a diagnostic on the car and everything was fine and batter full.

I have been reading that the VW range does take a big good quality battery, and I am sure the dealer just put a cheap one in.

I see there are batteries made for diesels that have DAB/SAT NAV Ect as that can take more power to start, or maybe I miss read that.
Anyway, where is a good battery place, as the ones I have found are like 120.00. Is there a good place that always sells good quality stuff cheap?

Have tried europarts, amazon and some local tyre places.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I always use Bosch batteries they last longer than other brands in my opinion, if you plan keeping the car for a while the Bosch battery will last until you decide to sell it. My current battery is a Bosch and it was fitted winter 2010 and it’s still going strong.
Sprograt9 m ago

I always use Bosch batteries they last longer than other brands in my …I always use Bosch batteries they last longer than other brands in my opinion, if you plan keeping the car for a while the Bosch battery will last until you decide to sell it. My current battery is a Bosch and it was fitted winter 2010 and it’s still going strong.

+1 for Bosch.

To check your old battery out what is important is how low the voltage drops on starting - they'll be some vidoes on youtube showing this.

Have a look on carparts4less - same company as Eurocarparts but cheaper. Wait till the weekend if you can as there will be typically 12-13% off.
Have a look at tayna,

tayna.co.uk/

You need higher CCA (cold cranking amps) that's what the battery delivers to the starter motor
shadey128th Nov

Have a look at tayna,https://www.tayna.co.uk/You need higher CCA (cold …Have a look at tayna,https://www.tayna.co.uk/You need higher CCA (cold cranking amps) that's what the battery delivers to the starter motor

Thanks for that link, will be going with that. 4 year warranty, huge Amps for almost half the price of a similar Bosch.
Going to take this with a K&N filter for my guy to fit with my full service.
You can tell the car struggles to start with its current battery. It is always when I start it in the morning, and with the winter coming, this will help a lot. £80.00 delivered is an amazing price.
Never heard of a Enduraline but gets great reviews
canada1617 h, 0 m ago

Thanks for that link, will be going with that. 4 year warranty, huge Amps …Thanks for that link, will be going with that. 4 year warranty, huge Amps for almost half the price of a similar Bosch. Going to take this with a K&N filter for my guy to fit with my full service. You can tell the car struggles to start with its current battery. It is always when I start it in the morning, and with the winter coming, this will help a lot. £80.00 delivered is an amazing price. Never heard of a Enduraline but gets great reviews

Are you having it remapped? If not it's a waste of time having a K&N, your car needs to be remapped to take advantage of the extra airflow, It's the same when you upgrade exhausts, They don't increase your cars BHP but you can increase your cars BHP if you remap it to take advantage of the increased gas flow etc. You might increase efficiency as the airflow will be purer.
Do not buy Lion they are cheap for a reason, had to take two back after only a couple of weeks. In the end I paid the extra for a Bosch and had no problems. That was on Discovery Td5.
Most likely a 096 battery. They are normally for a 2.0 diesel engine. I brought one form eBay a few years ago and still going strong.
Excide 096 battery £57
.MUFC.3 h, 55 m ago

Are you having it remapped? If not it's a waste of time having a K&N, your …Are you having it remapped? If not it's a waste of time having a K&N, your car needs to be remapped to take advantage of the extra airflow, It's the same when you upgrade exhausts, They don't increase your cars BHP but you can increase your cars BHP if you remap it to take advantage of the increased gas flow etc. You might increase efficiency as the airflow will be purer.

Yes I am getting the car remapped, looks like my car is perfect for it. Turbo Diesel 1.6. Looks like I could see another 30-40HP.
I work for an insurance company so need to know how much extra my premiums would be. If I dont tell them and get involved in a major accident, not only would I have to pay the full claim myself, I would get fired for lying. They can tell if you remap the car in the event of major accidents as the computer will show when it was altered.
Just bought a Bosch off EuroCarParts code: SAVE33

33% off
You could have a drain, but you're right, batteries struggle this time of year.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions