Groups

VW Polo new Key and Immobiliser code change

Hi all

I had my locker broken into at the local gym! They stole everything from wallet to keys! As you can imagine I was distraught, angry etc! I have cancelled all relevant cards, mobiles etc! Good news is that my driving licence address hasnt been changed to my new address, so they dont know where I live (parents had to change their locks though, oops!).

Anyway, I need to get a new key for my 2003 VW Polo. I called my local VW dealer and they quoted me £90 for a new key and immobiliser code change. Although that price seems ok, is there anywhere else I can go for cheaper?

I'm based in the Bradford area (west yorkshire). As you can imagine I have lots to fork out for now, so need to look around for prices (new phone, mp3 player etc, b**tards they are).

8 Comments

ebay for sure. bought mk4 key from there before no problems

Banned

Antigod

Hi allI had my locker broken into at the local gym! They stole everything … Hi allI had my locker broken into at the local gym! They stole everything from wallet to keys! As you can imagine I was distraught, angry etc! I have cancelled all relevant cards, mobiles etc! Good news is that my driving licence address hasnt been changed to my new address, so they dont know where I live (parents had to change their locks though, oops!).Anyway, I need to get a new key for my 2003 VW Polo. I called my local VW dealer and they quoted me £90 for a new key and immobiliser code change. Although that price seems ok, is there anywhere else I can go for cheaper?I'm based in the Bradford area (west yorkshire). As you can imagine I have lots to fork out for now, so need to look around for prices (new phone, mp3 player etc, b**tards they are).

the key matches the boxmgo to a scrap yard for same car and get the box and matching keys(they will know what you mean)by box i mean the BRAINS box sort of thing lol they will honestly know what you mean

Aren't you covered by your insurance?

Replacement is as a result of a theft, so, presuming that you have a police incident number, some if not all, of your items should be covered by one insurance or another.

Original Poster

Due to it being stolen from a locked locker (the locker was smashed opened with crowbar or screwdriver) the Police have been involved and I have now got a crime number.

I spoke to both my Home and Car insurance companies and both said pretty much the same. Home insurance personal possessions outside the house arent covered, and car insurance said if I claim I have to pay the first £300 as thats what my excess is.

If you have a crime number, is there anyway you can claim free from insurance companies? Im only 24, have 3 yrs no claims discount, but if I claim, my premium (which is due end of November) goes up £250 and I will lose my NCD! Is it really worth it if the cost of replacement is £90?

Cheers

I bought a flip key from Ebay recently (VW), took the transponder from my spare key, put it in my new key, coded it to my car (series of button presses - guide on net), then got the blade cut to fit the ifnition.

Total cost £20

Original Poster

Can you actually re-code the immobiliser yourself? I not only need a new key, but also need to get it re-coded. The thief stole my car keys, so if I just got a new key, he/she could still steal the car.

What Im looking for is a cheap and efficient way of getting a new Polo Key and Immobiliser re-code.

Cheers all

Gotcha - I think it is a dealer job then - but have a search on the net for "VAG COM"

Original Poster

Cheers

I will have a search on the t'interweb. Cant beleive how much this is all gonna cost me, all because some ******** wanted a few quid!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11

See more discussions