Vw Touran 2.0tdi Puff of blue smoke on hard acceleration

Found 23rd Apr 2015
hi i bought a vw touran 2.0 tdi sport dsg

i noticed it smoked a little on hard acceleration, i took it for a full service and now it gives a puff of bluey grey smoke on hard acceleration?

any thoughts ideas?

1. Ask
  2. VW
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. VW
15 Comments

Is this from a cold start? If so, do the effects lessen once it's warmed up?

Blue smoke indicates that it's burning oil.

Edited by: "Benjyy" 23rd Apr 2015

It could be the piston rings or valve stem seals. Or if it's a new car with a couple of thousand miles or less, there may be no problem.

Edited by: "rikkif1990" 23rd Apr 2015

check to make sure they haven't put too much oil in the sump.

Check they haven't put to much oil in it, if it has it can be burning off excess, actually says this in some models had books.

How old and what mileage? Could be turbo seals?

Original Poster

its a 2007 with 95000 miles

My 2008 passat 2.0tdi has done exactly that since new, still does it at 125000miles. Don't worry about it.

Original Poster

craigstephens

My 2008 passat 2.0tdi has done exactly that since new, still does it at … My 2008 passat 2.0tdi has done exactly that since new, still does it at 125000miles. Don't worry about it.

Thanks, def my preffered answer so far! i just dont want to be hit by a massive bill..

HamanBasher

Thanks, def my preffered answer so far! i just dont want to be hit by a … Thanks, def my preffered answer so far! i just dont want to be hit by a massive bill..

I would agree our tdi is the same age as yours does the same and dealer said it was just common, would have mentioned it sooner but would have thought you would have noticed it before, give. The oil a check as well just to be sure, to much oil can cause it but also cause issues with the cat so might need them to drain a little out.

I think every diesel I have ever been behind puffs blue smoke on hard acceleration. Varying in size from a land based cumulus cloud to a puff on a cigarette.

erg? ... if it does it only when warm ...

HamanBasher

Thanks, def my preffered answer so far! i just dont want to be hit by a … Thanks, def my preffered answer so far! i just dont want to be hit by a massive bill..

I just top up the oil every 5k or so, it never misses a beat.

was it blue or black ???more than likely black which is over fuelling most diesels do that wouldn't worry about it. also which fuel do you buy?

HamanBasher

its a 2007 with 95000 miles

craigstephens

My 2008 passat 2.0tdi has done exactly that since new, still does it at … My 2008 passat 2.0tdi has done exactly that since new, still does it at 125000miles. Don't worry about it.

all diesels do it usually from too much fuel to get rid of.

My last car was a 2.0tdi Passat 55 plate with 186k miles, ran like a dream for the 3.5 years I had it and still did when I punted it last spring. From the day I got it, there was a puff of blue smoke on hard acceleration - absolutely no long term headaches from it, so I wouldn't worry. Hope this helps.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions