W580i - mic won't work

freinds got this phone on tesco. the mic doesn't work, and he's offered me it for £25, is their a way to fix the mic?

thanks.

20 Comments

if he bought yesterday why not take it back??

dcx_badass;2311864

He doesn't say he got it yesterday.

im sure i read that my bad

Original Poster

He's had it for a while, i think he dropped it, and lost the reciept. he has the box and the rest though, so what should i do?

Get a bank statment or somthing, you could use it as proof of purchase. Tesco may be able to use your card deatils or clubcard if you used it to print another recipt out. Then you can send to SOny Ericsson for a warrenty reapir. Or just buy a nokia as all warrenty is logged via IMEI

Original Poster

qazim;2312042

Get a bank statment or somthing, you could use it as proof of purchase. … Get a bank statment or somthing, you could use it as proof of purchase. Tesco may be able to use your card deatils or clubcard if you used it to print another recipt out. Then you can send to SOny Ericsson for a warrenty reapir. Or just buy a nokia as all warrenty is logged via IMEI

he paid by cash, and doesn't have a clubcard.

spobby;2312052

he paid by cash, and doesn't have a clubcard.

Best shot is to ring Sony Ericsson, as it comes with 24 months warrenty they may fix without recipt.

Original Poster

qazim;2312073

Best shot is to ring Sony Ericsson, as it comes with 24 months warrenty … Best shot is to ring Sony Ericsson, as it comes with 24 months warrenty they may fix without recipt.

How does sony erricson work with the repairal, do they come collect or do you post?

You have to post. Is the phone on T-Mobile? If so does it have a T-Mobile sticker on there? If so take it to a T-Mobile sotre they will send away for repair no recipt needed.

Original Poster

qazim;2313108

You have to post. Is the phone on T-Mobile? If so does it have a T-Mobile … You have to post. Is the phone on T-Mobile? If so does it have a T-Mobile sticker on there? If so take it to a T-Mobile sotre they will send away for repair no recipt needed.

Im sure i said it was on tesco?

Oh lord. Wait for Emasu to see this..

Original Poster

Eh????

spobby;2314095

Eh????

Ah he hates the w580i.

Original Poster

Oh fair enough!

Yeh mine ******ed up within about 5 hours.... never ever again.

emasu;2314119

Yeh mine ******ed up within about 5 hours.... never ever again.

mines still strong! 2/3 weeks in.

Original Poster

t0mm;2314124

mines still strong! 2/3 weeks in.

So could i fix it, if i open it up and have a look?

ill take it if you dont :P

lemme upload a w580i disassembly guide for you

The above post is the link to the service manual for the W580i

Any luck m8?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763953
    2. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    3. GOT Leaks again514
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213592

See more discussions