Groups
    EXPIRED

W610i

Hi there,
    I am looking for one w610i. Please inform me if there is any good deal at present. Also, I am happy to ponder yours if some one got one to go.

Best.

11 Comments

Original Poster

BuMp once

Original Poster

dcx_badass;2175083

Buy a SE K550, its cheaper and can be flashed to a W610, that's what I … Buy a SE K550, its cheaper and can be flashed to a W610, that's what I did for my sister. The phone was £49.99 from Orange, then I flashed it to a W610 and unlocked it. Needs to be Cid 52 or below though as Cid53 can't be done, but most should be cid 52 still in shops.

Cool m8,
    First of all, I would take the chance to say thanks!! You did a great help for us to unlock w810i for free :oops: I do, absolutely, appreciate fore that!

Secondly, I saw orange they have refurb phones for sale, w610i and k550i are also there. However, I just can't get rid of walkman design, especially w610i.

Anyway, thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;2175312

Well the W610 is a walkman phone, and when the K550 is flashed to a W610 … Well the W610 is a walkman phone, and when the K550 is flashed to a W610 it is identical to a W610, just with a difference Facia.

So what you mean is that I can replace a w610i fascia rather than buying "w610i" phone?? :oops:

Original Poster

Nice comment!

I am convinced now. I might ebay a cheaper one k550 as you did prove the point!!

I think I am just keen to the walkman interface... Can you teach me how to flash w610i version if I got one?

Regards :-D

Original Poster

Cheers.
    So once if I flash the w610i file, does that mean the original k-series camera driver will be amended as well?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;2176835

Camera quality doesn't change. Only thing you loose is the camera auto … Camera quality doesn't change. Only thing you loose is the camera auto starting when you open the lense cover.See this:http://www.akshayy.com/sonyericsson/crossflashing/flash-k550-to-w610/Picture quality does not decrease !! So don’t Worry !Cons: Camera does not start automatically when u open the shutteru hv to press the cam button after opening shutter.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Don't use their firmware files they're old versions, when your ready to do it tell me and I'll upload the latest files for you.

Thanks again and again! BTW, is it worth 35 quid for a used one ( I saw in ebay :oops:)?
    Sorry if its a stupid question because I have no idea about k550...

Original Poster

dcx_badass;2176951

Well my sister paid £50 from orange.If you're replacing the case I guess … Well my sister paid £50 from orange.If you're replacing the case I guess it doesn't really matter as it's used as you'll be removing the cosmetic damage, also a used one is more likely to be cid 52 or below. But on the other hand there is the chance they've updated it with the sony ericsson update service and it could be cid 53 which can't be converted.Personally I like having new stuff.But if you don't mind you could get a used one.

Hah, another point and good comment really! Thanks, dcx_badass!!
    Happy bank holiday :lol:

I think the W610 looks much better originally... I don't think the blue lights match...

Plus, if you get a fascia from ebay, even if the seller says its OEM, it is not the same quality as the original, I would just buy the original, a lot less hassle and you get the real thing...

Original Poster

LC006;2178142

I think the W610 looks much better originally... I don't think the blue … I think the W610 looks much better originally... I don't think the blue lights match...Plus, if you get a fascia from ebay, even if the seller says its OEM, it is not the same quality as the original, I would just buy the original, a lot less hassle and you get the real thing...

TBH, there are rarely genuine fascia ...

kang.shen;2179777

TBH, there are rarely genuine fascia ...

Actually, they are NEVER genuine?

Original Poster

LC006;2187563

Actually, they are NEVER genuine?

Ummm.... (Just want to be objecive:p)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1214
      2. love affairs1337
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861344
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927355

See more discussions