Found 9th Sep 2010
I am having a packing related nightmare! Where has all this stuff come from and where is it supposed to go?! I've ran out of suitcases and boxes anda fhsdogihsdogihsdgoihdfg.

I need either someone with a magic wand or someone with some kind of creative packing ideas. I still have a whole wardrobe of clothes and loads of books and crap to somehow bind together so I can put them all into a van.

HELP ME, I AM GOING MENTAL.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
34 Comments

Vacuum bags

Ask on Freecycle for cardboard boxes

throw out all your shoes except two pairs-thats all a normal person(i.e. a man) requires anyways-this leaves plenty room for everything else.

Original Poster

boothy

Vacuum bags

It's not really the space that's the issue, just the fact I have nothing to put anything in. I need normal bags, not even vacuum bags. I don't want to put things in black bags.

TUSSFC

Ask on Freecycle for cardboard boxes

But then I might have to meet some mental people...what if someone tries to put me in a box?!

Banned

extra large skip outside the front door .. place most of your crap in the skip.. sorted ...

Original Poster

Why do you assume I have crap?! It's all very important things. My shoes are especially important...

My pound shop sells these huge plastic laundry bags for £1 each. A few of those should solve your packing problem.

http://cdn5.mydeco.com/product_images/full/aa4bec3fab27fc013f2df18db59eec330d9869e7.jpg

Banned

angelfairee

Why do you assume I have crap?! It's all very important things. My shoes … Why do you assume I have crap?! It's all very important things. My shoes are especially important...

all birds have crap its a known fact .. they tend to keep things and pretend its important "stuff"
Edited by: "dog_cop" 9th Sep 2010

Original Poster

SUMMONER

My pound shop sells these huge plastic laundry bags for £1 each. A few of … My pound shop sells these huge plastic laundry bags for £1 each. A few of those should solve your packing problem.

Yes! I need those!

We don't have a pound shop here. I live in the Cotswolds, darling. I'd have to go and pay £10 for the equivalent in Laura Ashley or something.

Also the next issue is me on the roads in a transit van.

Are you moving in with Micoo?

Original Poster

rehydrated

Are you moving in with Micoo?

please dont use black bags. every removal mans nightmare box everything you can youll know why when you get there!!!

Banned

ummm ...buy some boxes, chuck everything in ?
genius i know (_;)

Original Poster

mrcareful

please dont use black bags. every removal mans nightmare box everything … please dont use black bags. every removal mans nightmare box everything you can youll know why when you get there!!!

But I'm my own removal man, so that's ok right?! I put all my handbags in a black bag. Maybe two black bags...

ryman1000

ummm ...buy some boxes, chuck everything in ? genius i know (_;)

Where am I supposed to buy boxes from?! I need them by tomorrow, I live in a teeny town in the middle of the countryside and I'm working all day. Bring me some boxes please

Where are you moving to...still the Cotswolds or in with VB1??!! lol

Original Poster

fern37

Where are you moving to...still the Cotswolds or in with VB1??!! lol

I can't tell you where I'm moving to. Otherwise McVB1 will find out and then I'll have to move again.

Banned

angelfairee

But I'm my own removal man, so that's ok right?! I put all my handbags in … But I'm my own removal man, so that's ok right?! I put all my handbags in a black bag. Maybe two black bags...Where am I supposed to buy boxes from?! I need them by tomorrow, I live in a teeny town in the middle of the countryside and I'm working all day. Bring me some boxes please

nudez first.
there must be some shop nearby that sells boxes, bags or plastic containers. a tesco within a few miles surely ?

You can buy boxes off removal companies and then keep them. I did that a few years ago when i moved 6 times in 18months!!

Banned

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/3/6677051_13de4e3f3e.jpg

Fill empty duvet cover(s) with all your stuff, drag it and load it in the van. Sorted!

Original Poster

ryman1000

nudez first. there must be some shop nearby that sells boxes, bags or … nudez first. there must be some shop nearby that sells boxes, bags or plastic containers. a tesco within a few miles surely ?

Tesco doesn't sell boxes! It sells cabbages.

fern37

You can buy boxes off removal companies and then keep them. I did that a … You can buy boxes off removal companies and then keep them. I did that a few years ago when i moved 6 times in 18months!!

But I'm not using a removal company, I'm getting a van and removing myself. I don't want any jokes about removing me from hukd either.

I'm going to roll down both the windows of the van, stick my arm out, burp and whistle at girls out of the window. Then I'm going to fill the front window up with pasty wrappers and empty coke bottles. I'll be professional about it.

vibeone

You love me.

Original Poster

Marina

Fill empty duvet cover(s) with all your stuff, drag it and load it in the … Fill empty duvet cover(s) with all your stuff, drag it and load it in the van. Sorted!

I guess I could do this with all my clothes, but I'm not sure about dragging it across the floor! I need some slaves.

Poundland opens in a few weeks haha

Valuehouse next to BlockBuster has smallish boxes, or if you go in Tesco, you might be able to get hold of their card board boxes from the crisps (biggest boxes they get delivered).

Original Poster

faevilangel

Poundland opens in a few weeks hahaValuehouse next to BlockBuster has … Poundland opens in a few weeks hahaValuehouse next to BlockBuster has smallish boxes, or if you go in Tesco, you might be able to get hold of their card board boxes from the crisps (biggest boxes they get delivered).

Where the hell is Poundland?!

Banned

angelfairee

All over the north of england.

Original Poster

vibeone

All over the north of england.

You're all disgusting.

angelfairee

But I'm not using a removal company, I'm getting a van and removing … But I'm not using a removal company, I'm getting a van and removing myself. I don't want any jokes about removing me from hukd either.

Don't need to use the removal company if you buy boxes off them. Or a storage place would sell them too. Somewhere like the Big Yellow Storage company....they sell all kinds of packing materials.

Banned

vibeone

Where the hell is Poundland?!All over the north of england.

Think they are moving south, saw one in Banbury the other week.

Banned

lumoruk

Think they are moving south, saw one in Banbury the other week.

LOL @ AF soon being northern.

speak to the staff in your local shop they will have boxes that the goods come in im sure they will give you them

Original Poster

fern37

Don't need to use the removal company if you buy boxes off them. Or a … Don't need to use the removal company if you buy boxes off them. Or a storage place would sell them too. Somewhere like the Big Yellow Storage company....they sell all kinds of packing materials.

Again...I live in the middle of the country. I think I'll just get a load of slaves and they can carry a few things each, then I'll load them all into the back of the van and take them with me. Seems like the sensible option.

vibeone

Can you please stop fuelling the rumours that I'm moving in with you?! It makes me want to vomit.

Banned

fern37

Don't need to use the removal company if you buy boxes off them. Or a … Don't need to use the removal company if you buy boxes off them. Or a storage place would sell them too. Somewhere like the Big Yellow Storage company....they sell all kinds of packing materials.

vibeone

Urgh the feelings mutual brah. Its quite funny all the northern poorness is heading straight for you though.

AF, are you near to Swindon? My geography is poor, and all I know is that it's also in the Cotswolds.

Anyway: packagingandmuchmore.co.uk

Edited by: "cookiemonster83" 9th Sep 2010

angelfairee

In the woolies that shut down Opens October sometime, was meant to be august but keeps getting put back..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315414
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    3. word association Game74244894
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions