Free (£3 ish) Stilton cheese with purchase at Waitrose - Portswood, Southampton - STORE SPECIFIC

Posted 17th JanEdited by:"TristanDeCoonha"
Waitrose overstocked on Stilton for xmas. Rather that throw it out, they are giving away a lump with every purchase from the fresh cheese/meat counter.
The value of the lump is around £3.
While stocks last. (Friday 17 Jan)
Other branches might be similar, but I can confirm this store does it.
And it is very nice, thank you.
Community Updates

Groups

5 Comments
They're giving it away are they? I bet it's mouldy, no such thing as a free lunch and all that!
no problem stick it in the freezer
MadeDixonsCry17/01/2020 22:02

They're giving it away are they? I bet it's mouldy, no such thing as a …They're giving it away are they? I bet it's mouldy, no such thing as a free lunch and all that!

Of course it was bleedin' mouldy. It is Stilton, as you should have seen in my post.
As mentioned, it is very nice. The piece I had has been attacked by all in the household. It is fresh, but too close to date to guarantee a sale. So if the alternative is bin it tomorrow night, then why not give it away? Customer gets a bonus, they save on waste removal, the producers were paid, so the best possible outcome has been achieved.
TristanDeCoonha17/01/2020 22:45

Of course it was bleedin' mouldy. It is Stilton, as you should have seen …Of course it was bleedin' mouldy. It is Stilton, as you should have seen in my post.As mentioned, it is very nice. The piece I had has been attacked by all in the household. It is fresh, but too close to date to guarantee a sale. So if the alternative is bin it tomorrow night, then why not give it away? Customer gets a bonus, they save on waste removal, the producers were paid, so the best possible outcome has been achieved.

Gawd almighty, I think your sarcasm detector's broken.
TristanDeCoonha17/01/2020 22:45

Of course it was bleedin' mouldy. It is Stilton, as you should have seen …Of course it was bleedin' mouldy. It is Stilton, as you should have seen in my post.As mentioned, it is very nice. The piece I had has been attacked by all in the household. It is fresh, but too close to date to guarantee a sale. So if the alternative is bin it tomorrow night, then why not give it away? Customer gets a bonus, they save on waste removal, the producers were paid, so the best possible outcome has been achieved.

39703176-Fd9fd.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants