Waitrose to scrap 20% discount from pick your own offers

LocalFound 2nd Feb
Waitrose to scrap 20% discount from pick your own offers

2887834-lJNXI.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Ergh. I finally taught my Mum to use it last week.

I really don't want tailored vouchers. They do the worst vouchers ever.

They send me 20p off coupons for things I never buy. Or very little money off a £100 spend (like a single person alone is ever going to but that target!).
60 Comments
Better to just have decent deals...their 50% off deals in the past couple of months have been good.
"...customers have increasingly told us they find the process of choosing and remembering their picks quite confusing."

Nailed it.
Edited by: "m00head" 2nd Feb
Ergh. I finally taught my Mum to use it last week.

I really don't want tailored vouchers. They do the worst vouchers ever.

They send me 20p off coupons for things I never buy. Or very little money off a £100 spend (like a single person alone is ever going to but that target!).
There were some good bargains found by fellow hukdsters
like kitty said vouchers 9 times out of 10 rubbish
do send out 6 pounds off 30 ones sometimes
Edited by: "Wongy110" 2nd Feb
It was fun using the PYO app
Oh well, nothing lasts forever as they say
Let's make the most of these last few weeks
"Please encourage customers to swipe their myWaitrose card to continue benefiting from exclusive myWaitrose offers and rewards. myWaitrose members can benefit from FREE hot drinks, FREE Waitrose Food magazine, newspapers, 5% off your dry cleaning, 20% off all fish every Friday from the counter and more."

Or just ditch your myWaitrose card so that they can't track and analyze your spending habits anymore...
Edited by: "m00head" 2nd Feb
Too many greedy people abusing the deals
m00head2nd Feb

"Please encourage customers to swipe their myWaitrose card to continue …"Please encourage customers to swipe their myWaitrose card to continue benefiting from exclusive myWaitrose offers and rewards. myWaitrose members can benefit from FREE hot drinks, FREE Waitrose Food magazine, newspapers, 5% off your dry cleaning, 20% off all fish every Friday from the counter and more."Or just ditch your myWaitrose card so that they can't track and analyze your spending habits anymore...

There's zero incentive to swipe it apart from getting a drink. Of which I buy seperately...
nerfdad2 m ago

Too many greedy people abusing the deals

I think it's the opposite, there was never much worth abusing.
MSK.12 m ago

There's zero incentive to swipe it apart from getting a drink. Of which I …There's zero incentive to swipe it apart from getting a drink. Of which I buy seperately...

Like I have said before the free magazines 'stack' with the money off coupons

so a free paper 3 pounds 2 pound free mag they also did a 2 pound free drinks mag at christmas

30 -3 -2 -2 -6 = 23 pounds of shopping for 17
plus whatever cashback you can snag

top tip; save the magazines for next time as they 'sell' out fast
Edited by: "Wongy110" 2nd Feb
Wongy11019 m ago

Like I have said before the free magazines 'stack' with the money off …Like I have said before the free magazines 'stack' with the money off couponsso a free paper 3 pounds 2 pound free mag they also did a 2 pound free drinks mag at christmas30 -3 -2 -2 -6 = 23 pounds of shopping for 17 plus whatever cashback you can snag top tip; save the magazines for next time as they 'sell' out fast

Take the magazine with you and 'buy' it repeatedly ? I like your thinking !
jco836 m ago

Take the magazine with you and 'buy' it repeatedly ? I like your …Take the magazine with you and 'buy' it repeatedly ? I like your thinking !

Yeah but it has taken a couple of years and only done it once
Wongy11012 m ago

Yeah but it has taken a couple of years and only done it once

I blame this all on you Wongy it's all your fault! Taking advantage!!
Wongy11056 m ago

Like I have said before the free magazines 'stack' with the money off …Like I have said before the free magazines 'stack' with the money off couponsso a free paper 3 pounds 2 pound free mag they also did a 2 pound free drinks mag at christmas30 -3 -2 -2 -6 = 23 pounds of shopping for 17 plus whatever cashback you can snag top tip; save the magazines for next time as they 'sell' out fast

I love how creative you are
MSK.36 m ago

I love how creative you are

Yeah I am Jimmy Carrs accountant in fact....
I like the simple discount on the shelf and the £5 off coupon for £x shop : simple and easy to manage like Aldi, Lidl and Iceland.

PYO and customised coupons - too much bureaucracy for me.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I enjoyed my 20 per centers
m00head2nd Feb

"...customers have increasingly told us they find the process of choosing …"...customers have increasingly told us they find the process of choosing and remembering their picks quite confusing."Nailed it.

I didn't....took a screen photo of my picks and checked my phone in the store....simples !!!
tomba2 h, 9 m ago

I didn't....took a screen photo of my picks and checked my phone in the …I didn't....took a screen photo of my picks and checked my phone in the store....simples !!!

I reckon a good percentage of Waitrose customers are pensioners though. Not so simple for them.
MSK.1 h, 5 m ago

I reckon a good percentage of Waitrose customers are pensioners though. …I reckon a good percentage of Waitrose customers are pensioners though. Not so simple for them.

Shirley not ? only the cool kids

Wongy1105 m ago

Shirley not ? only the cool kids [Video]

Waitrose withdraws ‘essential’ range after finding poor people in stores - NewsBiscuit
newsbiscuit.com/201…es/
m00head1 h, 12 m ago

Waitrose withdraws ‘essential’ range after finding poor people in stores - …Waitrose withdraws ‘essential’ range after finding poor people in stores - NewsBiscuithttp://www.newsbiscuit.com/2017/12/12/waitrose-withdraws-‘essential’-range-after-finding-poor-people-in-stores/

Like fake news is something new......
newsbiscuit.com/for…189

waitrose.com/eco…Kmw
Wongy1103 h, 31 m ago

Like fake news is something …Like fake news is something new......http://newsbiscuit.com/forum/topic.php?id=32189https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/essential-waitrose-british-chicken-extralarge/754693-507938-507939?source=sho_&utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=organic+gs&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5tmF-Z2K2QIVCrvtCh0rMQOuEAQYAiABEgLbCvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP67yfyditkCFcaL7QodDzcKmw

I should have mentioned NewsBiscuit is a satirical news site started over a decade ago by John O'Farrell. I assumed people would realise this just by reading the article.
m00head3rd Feb

I should have mentioned NewsBiscuit is a satirical news site started over …I should have mentioned NewsBiscuit is a satirical news site started over a decade ago by John O'Farrell. I assumed people would realise this just by reading the article.

I did fairly quickly
but no they wouldn't
This will change how I shop at Waitrose. Probably why it’s being withdrawn tbh 😄
addyday4 h, 33 m ago

This will change how I shop at Waitrose. Probably why it’s being withdrawn …This will change how I shop at Waitrose. Probably why it’s being withdrawn tbh 😄

Yep, me too. Gutted tbh.
I find the app very simple, you search for what you want and add it. What makes it confusing is choosing the correct pick that Waitrose has on offer within the same product range. Countless times I've added Lurpak slightly salted, but failed to notice they meant the Lurpak salted or non salted!
Everything about Waitrose offers are rubbish like free paper, coffee, PYO. Most of their items are overpriced compared to Tesco and Asda.
HellriderUKDeals6922 h, 43 m ago

Everything about Waitrose offers are rubbish like free paper, coffee, PYO. …Everything about Waitrose offers are rubbish like free paper, coffee, PYO. Most of their items are overpriced compared to Tesco and Asda.

And most Tesco and Asda items are overpriced compared with Aldi and Lidl. The Aldi/Waitrose comparison is horrendous, which is why we now save a small fortune every week by having made the switch. The only thing I miss is the social chats, which don't happen much in Aldi!
Just got the email about this(why do I seem to get them hours,days or even weeks after other people ?)

Also tot my waitrose vouchers in the post they have me sussed
4x 6 pounds off 30 spend and a 1 pound off rum and tinned fruit lol
Wongy11036 m ago

Just got the email about this(why do I seem to get them hours,days or even …Just got the email about this(why do I seem to get them hours,days or even weeks after other people ?)Also tot my waitrose vouchers in the post they have me sussed 4x 6 pounds off 30 spend and a 1 pound off rum and tinned fruit lol

Grrrr. I got 4 x £4 off £40. £2.50 off seafood and £1 off crackers. This is why I hate vouchers. They aren't fair.

You get 20%, I get 10%. You've got a lower spend too. I've got a mind to have a whinge at them.
Edited by: "MSK." 8th Feb
MSK.2 m ago

Grrrr. I got 4 x £4 off £40. £2.50 off seafood and £1 off crackers. Thi …Grrrr. I got 4 x £4 off £40. £2.50 off seafood and £1 off crackers. This is why I hate vouchers. They aren't fair. You get 20%, I get 10%. You've got a lower spend too. I've got a mind to have a whinge at them.

Are Waitrose vouchers personalised? Or can anyone use anyone's 6 off 30 vouchers?
deeky1 m ago

Are Waitrose vouchers personalised? Or can anyone use anyone's 6 off 30 …Are Waitrose vouchers personalised? Or can anyone use anyone's 6 off 30 vouchers?

They've got my name on every voucher, that's why I didn't post a photo.
MSK.1 m ago

They've got my name on every voucher, that's why I didn't post a photo.

Mine too, but you can use the code online can't you? Will the codes work on anyone's online order?
deeky50 s ago

Mine too, but you can use the code online can't you? Will the codes work …Mine too, but you can use the code online can't you? Will the codes work on anyone's online order?

I've no idea sorry, I've never shopped with them online.
MSK.6 m ago

Grrrr. I got 4 x £4 off £40. £2.50 off seafood and £1 off crackers. Thi …Grrrr. I got 4 x £4 off £40. £2.50 off seafood and £1 off crackers. This is why I hate vouchers. They aren't fair. You get 20%, I get 10%. You've got a lower spend too. I've got a mind to have a whinge at them.

Feel it might be leek time......

33224346-cA7qX.jpg

deeky4 m ago

Are Waitrose vouchers personalised? Or can anyone use anyone's 6 off 30 …Are Waitrose vouchers personalised? Or can anyone use anyone's 6 off 30 vouchers?

The ones the post(do have 10 pounds off 100 codes)

the tills spit them out some times posted one to sickly
deeky1 m ago

Mine too, but you can use the code online can't you? Will the codes work …Mine too, but you can use the code online can't you? Will the codes work on anyone's online order?

Oh one also noticed if you use them online, they are no longer £4 off £40 they are £10 off £100! It's in small writing on the bottom.
MSK.1 m ago

Oh one also noticed if you use them online, they are no longer £4 off £40 t …Oh one also noticed if you use them online, they are no longer £4 off £40 they are £10 off £100! It's in small writing on the bottom.

Oh yeah
Wongy1102 m ago

Feel it might be leek time......[Image] The ones the post(do have 10 …Feel it might be leek time......[Image] The ones the post(do have 10 pounds off 100 codes)the tills spit them out some times posted one to sickly

I've never, ever got a £6 off a £30 and I shop there frequently just not in huge amounts at once.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions